How Hot is Babers' Seat? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

How Hot is Babers' Seat?

Look let’s end this. You aren’t going to change opinions anymore than anyone will change yours. Personally, I liked SS but that cigar move was classless and unnecessary towards players he had called family including many whom he had recruited. Guess he didn’t think winning was personally satisfying enough. I thought more of him believing he was too classy to pull something like yet I was wrong obviously, no big deal but it’s over regardless.

Thank you for summarizing what I attempted to say over 4-5 posts.

Nuance is frequently lost on people blinded by emotion.

Look let’s end this. You aren’t going to change opinions anymore than anyone will change yours. Personally, I liked SS but that cigar move was classless and unnecessary towards players he had called family including many whom he had recruited. Guess he didn’t think winning was personally satisfying enough. I thought more of him believing he was too classy to pull something like yet I was wrong obviously, no big deal but it’s over regardless.

This is exactly how I feel. I just thought Shafer was better than that also. I'm not one to criticize everything he did either. I never said a word about the ISIS comments because I understood the point he was trying to make even if he didn't do it well. Coach P won his first game vs us when he became UConn coach. I don't remember him doing anything obnoxious or pulling out victory cigars - and the AD who fired him was still at Syracuse at the time. Plus Coach P had a head coaching career Shafer could only dream of. I guess handling it like that is just more my style.

Last edited:
This is exactly how I feel. I just thought Shafer was better than that also. I'm not one to criticize everything he did either. I never said a word about the ISIS comments because I understood the point he was trying to make even if he didn't do it well. Coach P won his first game vs us when he became UConn coach. I don't remember him doing anything obnoxious or pulling out victory cigars - and the AD who fired him was still at Syracuse at the time. Plus Coach P had a head coaching career Shafer could only dream of. I guess handling it like that is just more my style.
Touching. Thanks for sharing. I respectfully disagree though, but maybe if you keep posting the same arguments on this topic over and over for another year or two I’ll change my mind.

Last edited:
Touching. Thanks for sharing. I respectfully disagree though, but maybe if you keep posting the same arguments on this topic over and over for another year or two I’ll change my mind.

Acting like a jerk while claiming to be “respectfully disagreeing”...good one. Lol.

But on the victory cigar subject, where is your outrage at Alabama and Tennessee? The entire winning team of that game smokes cigars every year. Is every kid/coach that's won that game for the last couple of decades a classless jerk?
Yes.

I mean, no.

I mean, only if they smoked said victory cigar after beating Syracuse in the dome, in the dome, and cheating, after having formerly coached at Syracuse and having been fired only to find success at a meaningless classless nobody school in the south that doesn't care about academics and has no class. And is awesome at football, which nobody cares about and isn't important unless they beat Syracuse while cheating without class in the dome after smoking victory cigars and crotch grabbing while waving the bird at a bronze statue of Ernie Davis.

Does that make sense?

Wow, to prevent the loss of any additional brain cells, I'm going to have to put this baby on ignore..

C4oBqj1WHFK5G.gif

I think Dino has done a B+ to A- job.

The recruiting has gradually improved. Teams no longer sleep on us as we have proven on a given Saturday that we can beat anybody.

Let's also remember that our QB keeps getting season ending injuries.

Yes, Dungey is injury prone, but I think we would have bowled once or twice had he stayed healthy for full seasons.

Gotta factor that into the equation.

Program is way better off post-babers then it was pre-babers. Now, we are exciting and fun.

As long as improvement continues, no matter how slowly, I am in Dino's corner.

I think Dino has done a B+ to A- job.

The recruiting has gradually improved. Teams no longer sleep on us as we have proven on a given Saturday that we can beat anybody.

Let's also remember that our QB keeps getting season ending injuries.

Yes, Dungey is injury prone, but I think we would have bowled once or twice had he stayed healthy for full seasons.

Gotta factor that into the equation.

Program is way better off post-babers then it was pre-babers. Now, we are exciting and fun.

As long as improvement continues, no matter how slowly, I am in Dino's corner.

What was Dino's final comprehensive record here? What's SU's record since/post Baber's in comparison? One last thing, what numbers should I play for tonight's Powerball Jackpot? Thanks! ;):)

Yes.

I mean, no.

I mean, only if they smoked said victory cigar after beating Syracuse in the dome, in the dome, and cheating, after having formerly coached at Syracuse and having been fired only to find success at a meaningless classless nobody school in the south that doesn't care about academics and has no class. And is awesome at football, which nobody cares about and isn't important unless they beat Syracuse while cheating without class in the dome after smoking victory cigars and crotch grabbing while waving the bird at a bronze statue of Ernie Davis.

Does that make sense?
Yeah, but...
Naw, I got nuthin.

Well with Brian Ward not being fired Babers seat is getting warm. He had the chance to blame it on the DC and get him out. Now Dini will be responsible if another poor defensive performance next year

Well with Brian Ward not being fired Babers seat is getting warm. He had the chance to blame it on the DC and get him out. Now Dini will be responsible if another poor defensive performance next year
The defense was fine for 9.5 games.
It was a disaster for 2.5.
Ward isn’t the problem.
We got killed with injuries and the team ran into a good QB, Heisman winner and they were awful against BC’s physical OL.
Zero heat on Dino for being loyal to Ward.

Ward isn’t the problem.
We got killed with injuries and the team ran into a good QB, Heisman winner and they were awful against BC’s physical OL.
Why is this so hard for people to comprehend?

Here is an interesting thought...

Will Babers SU career record be over .500 at the end of his first contract here?

Also how long do you think it will take before he reaches .500 in the ACC for his career?

IMO after year 6 I expect him to be 38-38 overall and 22-26 in the ACC. I don’t think he hits .500 until year 8 in league.

Ward isn’t the problem.

The D was bad after the bye. Should extend that to last 4 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom