How I would organize College Gameday | Syracusefan.com

How I would organize College Gameday

Eric15

Living Legend
Was stuck in traffic today so I thought about how I would organize the College Gameday show if (not jinxing anything) it was in Syracuse. Here are the segments I would have:

1. Sportscaster segment -- get Bob Costas, Marv Albert, Dick Stockton, Sean McDonough, Mike Tirico and just have them sit and tell their favorite anecdotes about going to SU. All five of those guys are awesome storytellers and this could go on in an entertaining fashion for 15 minutes.

2. 1959 team segment -- I'm not sure how many of these guys are still alive, but I think it would be great to do a feature on this season and have them reminisce about this championship, and how it impacted their lives.

3. Celebrity segment -- Vanessa Williams, Taye Diggs, etc. talk about their favorite football memories.

4. Basketball team / football team interactions -- get the most charismatic basketball people like DC, Billy Owens, Boeheim, Dave Bing, McNabb also, etc. and have them talk about their favorite memories attending SU football games back in the day.

5. Tom Rinaldi segment where everyone cries at the end -- the life and times of Ernie Davis. Bring some of his family members on the show and have them talk about him.

Last edited:
Was stuck in traffic today so I thought about how I would organize the College Gameday show if (not jinxing anything) it was in Syracuse. Here are the segments I would have:

1. Sportscaster segment -- get Bob Costas, Marv Albert, Dick Stockton, Sean McDonough, Mike Tirico and just have them sit and tell their favorite anecdotes about going to SU. All five of those guys are awesome storytellers and this could go on in an entertaining fashion for 15 minutes.

2. 1959 team segment -- I'm not sure how many of these guys are still alive, but I think it would be great to do a feature on this season and have them reminisce about this championship, and how it impacted their lives.

3. Celebrity segment -- Vanessa Williams, Taye Diggs, etc. talk about their favorite football memories.

4. Basketball team / football team interactions -- get the most charismatic basketball people like DC, Billy Owens, Boeheim, Dave Bing, etc. and have them talk about their favorite memories attending SU football games back in the day.

5. Tom Rinaldi segment where everyone cries at the end -- the life and times of Ernie Davis. Bring some of his family members on the show and have them talk about him.
Not sure there is much room to improve this.

Maybe a bit about 44 with Floyd, Konrad, Jim brown etc?

Have watched that segment more times than I’d like to mention, just to watch the emphatic answer by Gross and GRob’s less than emphatic response.

Syracuse lost by two touchdowns to Akron. Sit on that for a second.

I wouldn't go much into SU basketball. This is the football teams' time to shine. I know I am speaking blasphemy to many of you but Jimmy can wait for bball season, I really hope they don't have him as guest picker. Jim Brown would be perfect for that.

Get the Chainsmokers to show up. Andrew Taggert went to Cuse, graduated in 2011ish...

My guest picker would be JB - Jim Brown or Joe Biden. Agree with the above to leave basketball out of this (although I am sure JB will have some sort of cameo, which is fine). Another cool option would may be try to get all famous broadcasters back on campus - McDonough, Tirico, Costas, Marv, etc. all on the set. Seems like a tough ask though.

There are definitely people that can fill the gap. Tyree. Coughlin Joe Morris. Harrison

Almost through out Biden

It would be funny to show tireco as a local sports anchor

I like Melo as the guest picker as every HS athlete knows him.
Tirico is my pick if we go that route. Id stay away from politics and Biden. JBs always great.
Lots of good picks. As to the food...

I like Melo as the guest picker as every HS athlete knows him.
Tirico is my pick if we go that route. Id stay away from politics and Biden. JBs always great.
Lots of good picks. As to the food...

Notre Dame home game at 2:30 that week. There will be no Tirico.

Since Tebow spent the season in Syracuse (he and his .163 BA), I’m sure that would get worked in somehow.

Bear should do a comprehensive review of Dinosaur.

Won't be Biden. Too political for an apolitical/right leaning show to begin with (college football is predominantly conservative). Jim Brown, that is a kettle of fish for some w his domestic violence issues. I would bet it would be Jim Boeheim, no matter what. Guy loves the camera, will be glib and will do the right thing and keep the focus on the football team.

All those people are really gonna travel to Syracuse you think for gameday? I think maybe a few would show up but all of them, doubtful. They'd want to be put up and genuflected upon. School i doubt is footing those bills

Have watched that segment more times than I’d like to mention, just to watch the emphatic answer by Gross and GRob’s less than emphatic response.

Syracuse lost by two touchdowns to Akron. Sit on that for a second.
I was there (in an empty student section)! It was awful! Either that game or the PSU game after The Express premiere were the worst games during my time at SU.

It’s amazing how different it feels and how much better things are now.

Can we never discuss this ever again? Brings back some of the trauma

Worst part is that at the time I was just so excited to see us getting national attention I was lapping it up. I think we had a thread at the time if we enjoyed seeing it or not.

I would love to see a segment on the 'history' of SU football. Talk about the great players who played for SU. I am so tired of hearing the 'Syracuse is a basketball school' drivel. There are a lot of college football fans who are ignorant that Syracuse was a powerhouse in the past. Would be great to see Floyd. Csonka, Brown, etc... show up. Some of the younger fans (from other schools) might not care but it would show what a proud history we have.

Please - no politicians (from either side), B-list celebrities or Boeheim as guest picker. Have one of the past football greats pick. I realize that is highly unlikely though - ESPN will probably have soemone not really connected to SU pick.

"If Syracuse plays Akron 10 times, how many times should SU win?"

Gross: TEN
GERG: stammer, blabbers on about something.

good lord are we blessed to have Dino!

I used to watch that and get depressed and now I watch it occasionally to marvel at the difference 10 years makes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom