How in the world was Jimmy not criticized, but JG, CS and JE were? | Syracusefan.com

How in the world was Jimmy not criticized, but JG, CS and JE were?

Cuse_NYC

Starter
Enough is enough. We are all dad’s. Some bias is fine. Jimmy played his worst game of the season, but isn’t criticized. However, we have no problem going after Joe, Cole and Jesse. To extensively go into Jesse not being able to give us more at the end of the presser was bizarre. Jimmy was BAD. It’s one thing to play poorly, but a play like his missed pass from Joe at the end, was unacceptable. And Benny can only get 2 minutes?

Jimmy was really bad tonight. Really bad. At this point, Jim sees things differently... it's called a BLIND SPOT, and a major one at that. Jim has become entitled to do whatever he pleases. This is where we are. While this occurs, more and more fans become apathetic.

I can’t watch the pressers anymore. I can’t believe after all these years, JB is losing all of my respect.

Pressers? Pressers??
We talkin bout pressers??

I don’t even watch the games anymore. :(

For the ‘90’s and 00’s I was literally a basketball-only fan.

Now?
I’m seriously considering putting the hoops board on Ignore.

Raise your hand if 2 months ago you thought you’d be shockingly enthusiastic about everything one program did, and just numbly staring into the abyss with the other -

And that Football would be the program killing it, and Hoops would be circling the drain?

Yeah, me neither.

But here we are.

Coach has a blind spot when it comes to his sons...see's everybody's else's short comings..... and the problem with Bennie is he's trying to please Boehiem instead of just playing the game that got him here...

If only there was a word to describe the situation, where people that are related are held to different standards or given special advantages and favors. Looking back in history it seems like this happens a lot. Crazy!

Enough is enough. We are all dad’s. Some bias is fine. Jimmy played his worst game of the season, but isn’t criticized. However, we have no problem going after Joe, Cole and Jesse. To extensively go into Jesse not being able to give us more at the end of the presser was bizarre. Jimmy was BAD. It’s one thing to play poorly, but a play like his missed pass from Joe at the end, was unacceptable. And Benny can only get 2 minutes?
I’m harder on my kids than any other person would be … maybe I’m an idiot and should be telling them they can’t do anything wrong and make excuses for them at every turn

I'll be honest, I kind of feel bad for Jimmy.

He probably dreamed his entire life of playing for his Dad. He finally gets his opportunity, and the team is having its worst season in 46 years. I feel like it would be impossible for him not to blame himself a little bit and second guess whether it was the right decision for everyone.

But to be clear, the situation is 0% his fault. He has a role on this team, it should just be in a 15-minute 7th man role and not a 35-minute starter role.

Let’s be clear on a vintage Syracuse team Buddy is the 7.5…. and Jimmy is a PWO

This is why our bench is invisible.

“If I take Jimmy out, we have no one to put in - Benny isn’t ready”
He should never say this in a press conference and if he believes it, he should only say that to his coaches and Benny. With that said, I have yet to see much from Benny. That's not to say he won't be good, but he has not shown us much yet. I know he has very limited minutes but good players will use any time they can get to convince a coach to play them more.

Regarding Edwards, he has played very well. Not perfect, but very well. Not really worthy of criticism to the media.

Jimmy, Buddy, Joe should be the leaders now. They all played sloppy last night. No handles. Passing was sloppy and ball handling just as bad. They are all upperclassman and if coach wants to be critical, he should focus on them.

Lastly, and I have said this before, refs let teams that play man defense get away with much more contact than zone. It's why Buddy and Joe are having such a hard time. Defenses see that they can ride a player with hand-checking and jabs/pushes even way outside. It's killed Buddy and Joe. While I think it is also illegal, the refs don't call it so it really doesn't matter.

Let’s be clear on a vintage Syracuse team Buddy is the 7.5…. and Jimmy is a PWO
I don't think Jimmy is bad and he has had some good games. I do think he has a tendency to force things too much resulting in bad shots. If you don't have your shot, pass it. I think Jimmy is a 7th - 8th man on a good Syracuse team.

We’re all dads, OK. Are all of you still husbands? I’m surprised - after all this time - that no one has considered that the real reason JB doesn’t publicly criticize his kids is because of Juli. (I’m not saying that makes it right.)

We’re all dads, OK. Are all of you still husbands? I’m surprised - after all this time - that no one has considered thathe real reason JB doesn’t publicly criticize his kids is because of Juli. (I’m not saying that makes it right.)
You may be right then JB the coach has failed his job.
He doesn’t have to rip his kids then shut the hell up about Jesse.

The fact Juli would be the reason not to criticize BB and JBIII but she wouldn’t say something about ripping Edwards is a joke.

If he didn’t criticize any player publicly which is what he should do then the Juli argument would make sense.

His comments on JE are a joke.

You may be right then JB the coach has failed his job.
He doesn’t have to rip his kids then shut the hell up about Jesse.

The fact Juli would be the reason not to criticize BB and JBIII but she wouldn’t say something about ripping Edwards is a joke.

If he didn’t criticize any player publicly which is what he should do then the Juli argument would make sense.

His comments on JE are a joke.
I think the fans care more about the Edwards comments than Edwards. JB’s been overly critical of Edwards for three years and all the kid has done is improve. Again, not saying that makes it right. (Not in today’s climate anyway.)

Little know fact
Since it would be confusing to call out Jim or Jimmy in the Boeheim household, Jim and Juli call Jimmy Jesse. So when JB calls out Jesse he really means Jimmy.

We’re all dads, OK. Are all of you still husbands? I’m surprised - after all this time - that no one has considered that the real reason JB doesn’t publicly criticize his kids is because of Juli. (I’m not saying that makes it right.)

Jimmy is at his ceiling, Jesse isn't close. I can see why Jesse gets pushed, there's a lot more there to unlock.

Jimmy is at his ceiling, Jesse isn't close. I can see why Jesse gets pushed, there's a lot more there to unlock.
You think that explains the treatment of Benny as well?

You think that explains the treatment of Benny as well?

The Jesse stuff to me is a lot more self evident than Benny. Lots of theories there and it's kinda pointless at this juncture.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom