howard/carey | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

howard/carey

Carey reminds me a lot of Jason Hart. Same exact body, 6'3" 180, both wear #5. An exciting, very athletic player whom I can never relax when they have the ball in their hands.

i think Carey might have a bit longer reach on defense. Really good fundamentals so far.
He's showing more offensively so far than Hart as a frosh, or even as a sophomore. Carey is dynamic but right now runs into some dead-ends on the fast break, and he needs to work on his outside shot. Off to a great start, though. I think a lot of people have faith in his abilities.

No. And I challenge you to find one.

How about the UConn game last December where he was 1-10 from the field with nine turnovers? Or the GaTech game where he was 4-17 with five TOs? He had a hideous game against UNC in the ACCT. I think it's pretty obvious he had some clunkers last year. It happens. The point is that if the excuse was he was playing 40 minutes and that caused his poor performance then maybe he needed to come out of the game. Can't have it both ways.

Watch the video. And jb is talking about penetration as much as anything. Watch the video. You’ll be surprised. You could read the generals detailed post too.

JB and I disagree with you with your assessment. I should know better than to disagree with you with any post regarding Frank. He clearly wasn't pushing the ball at all, but you would never admit it. They actually showed JB on the sideline applauding when Frank finally pushed the ball and was called for a charge .

JB and I disagree with you with your assessment. I should know better than to disagree with you with any post regarding Frank. He clearly wasn't pushing the ball at all, but you would never admit it. They actually showed JB on the sideline applauding when Frank finally pushed the ball and was called for a charge .

So in other words you refuse to watch the 2nd half video replay. Got it.

????????????? By the way the OP, Sutomcat and OrangeDW had posts that disagree with your take. I guess we all should watch the replay. lol. grow up.

????????????? By the way the OP, Sutomcat and OrangeDW had posts that disagree with your take. I guess we all should watch the replay. lol. grow up.

Upset?

What was your first word to a post of mine?

BULL.

What were some other gems?

What game were you watching?
Shut down the nonsense.
You need glasses.
Get laser surgery.

Grow up.

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

I don't need to watch it. After Boeheims latest quotes I will rest my case.

Carey is the future, but he's high risk, high reward, kind of like scoop at the same stage... although scoop had a better knack for finishing i think.

Howard is what he is. He might make some smarter plays due to his experience but if his shot is not on and he's not attacking then he needs to come out. I have no doubt he was playing at another level this summer, but it might take him all season to shake off the effects of the injury. We can't wait that long.

Carey is the future, but he's high risk, high reward, kind of like scoop at the same stage... although scoop had a better knack for finishing i think.

Howard is what he is. He might make some smarter plays due to his experience but if his shot is not on and he's not attacking then he needs to come out. I have no doubt he was playing at another level this summer, but it might take him all season to shake off the effects of the injury. We can't wait that long.

We can't? Why do you say this? We've won the games Frank has played. Carey attacked a ton and scored a bunch of buckets against UConn. He played fast that game. And we lost.

Everyone needs to trust in Boeheim on this one. And settle the heck down. It's not always going to be pretty. But if we win, isn't that enough?

You either play slow with Frank and give yourself fewer opportunities and smaller margin for error.

Or you play faster with Carey, take the good with the bad, but play a style more equipped for the other players (Tyus, Oshae and Eli).

Probably going to be a game-by-game situation, but Frank must play better and must get this team moving more. JB seems to understand that this team needs to up the tempo and play to their strengths instead of languishing in the rock fights and half court nightmares.

And overall for the game you were wrong. We were plus 11 with Frank in the game and -2 with Carey.

There are very few stats that have the potential to be more misleading in hoops than plus/minus. A player can be on the floor and have the good fortune of witnessing a teammate(s) nail several threes in a sequence or watch the opponent go ice cold on the other end or vice versa the other way. These developments may be very loosely correlated to an individual's play.

And overall for the game you were wrong. We were plus 11 with Frank in the game and -2 with Carey.
Crazy how things can look in the context of an entire game (or season), you know?

I like Carey a lot, but Howard played well today. The 'bad' alley oops were often the fault of the oop'r today.

Howard hit some huge 3's

Carey will be a superstar. Frank was statistically better this game and earned the PT he got.

I'm glad we all agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom