Howard Washington | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington

C7EAlTpVwAAKAXv.jpg

I think this is good. We need depth. We had an unused scholarship this year. Who is to say we will even get a 5th year guy to commit taking this kid for program depth is a no doubt about it.

5th year guys are total crapshoots. This kid at least has had a prep year and sounds like he is so desperate to play for SU he would spend 72 hours straight on the OT board for a scholarship so lets give him a shot.

I think this pick-up can only do good. As we've seen this year, having someone to come off the bench and at the very least hit a jumpshot and make the right decisions (ahem FH) is a huge help. I'm rooting for this kid.

I think this is good. We need depth. We had an unused scholarship this year. Who is to say we will even get a 5th year guy to commit taking this kid for program depth is a no doubt about it.
I agree. Good news and I'm happy for the kid. True pg. decent player from the looks of it. He loves Cuse. Perfect fit imo.

Also, we had only 8 players on scholarship for next year, and that includes Lydon, Battle and Howard.

TT
Moyer
Chukwu

Lydon
Battle
Howard

Brissett
Sidibe

Howard Washington

Still plenty of room for Waters and grad transfers.

Great news! ... as a watch and hope for an East Tennessee State upset...

Hopefully he can make "Howard" a more pleasant name to hear around here.

Anyone know if/how this could effect our potential recruitment of Waters?

Anyone know if/how this could effect our potential recruitment of Waters?

It won't.

Edit: I'm no insider so I can't say how much interest we've shown in Waters, but while I'm very happy to have Howard on board, he's not the type of prospect that you land and feel like you're done at the position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom