Huge game tonight... | Syracusefan.com

Huge game tonight...

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Ohio State already has road wins at Cincinnati & Creighton, and will most likely be in the NCAA Tournament barring a complete collapse in conference play.

We dropped the ball at The Garden with one horrific loss and another loss that I don't think will look great at the end of the year. A road win against a Top 25 team would almost erase the sting of those two games. Almost.

Need this one, and at the very least need to be competitive.

I’ve got a bad feeling we have like 4 points at the 15:00 mark and get into a hole early

Can’t afford slow starts as we aren’t built for that

I think this is going to be the first in a series of big games for this team this season - similar to the last few years. Win some we don't expect lose some we don't expect and try to get in the Dance.

Frank is back. We aren’t the team that list 2 games. We are now as good as we expected pre season and will show that tonight. It’s turn around time boys and girls!

dude, it's november

Need to do the math. If we’re 3-3 after tonight, need to win the next seven to be 10-3. I don’t think this team is much better than 10-8, 11-7 in conference. Look at the schedule. So that’s 20-11 or 21-10. If we slip a little in conference, we’re looking at maybe 19-12. This is another bubble team.

That’s assuming we don’t lose to, say, Georgetown or Buffalo.

Need to do the math. If we’re 3-3 after tonight, need to win the next seven to be 10-3. I don’t think this team is much better than 10-8, 11-7 in conference. Look at the schedule. So that’s 20-11 or 21-10. If we slip a little in conference, we’re looking at maybe 19-12. This is another bubble team.

That’s assuming we don’t lose to, say, Georgetown or Buffalo.

As the Spartan Ephors once replied "If".

May as well shut this whole board down until selection sunday.

Ain't no one with a opinion worth a damn.

all of these points about how important tonight's game is should be modified with the terms "might" and "could"

we didn't have any point guards during the 6 weeks of preseason practice. we have only had a true freshman thrown into the fire at the first game of the season. we should have had 8 or 9 weeks together but we've only had 8 or 9 days with our starting senior point guard.

we have not seen our team yet and won't, really, until december. and after that, there will be plenty of opportunities for signature wins.

placing too much emphasis on tonight's game is just feeding into the chicken littles who are all to eager to declare failure at the earliest opportunity

all of these points about how important tonight's game is should be modified with the terms "might" and "could"

we didn't have any point guards during the 6 weeks of preseason practice. we have only had a true freshman thrown into the fire at the first game of the season. we should have had 8 or 9 weeks together but we've only had 8 or 9 days with our starting senior point guard.

we have not seen our team yet and won't, really, until december. and after that, there will be plenty of opportunities for signature wins.

placing too much emphasis on tonight's game is just feeding into the chicken littles who are all to eager to declare failure at the earliest opportunity

Great post.

Ohio State already has road wins at Cincinnati & Creighton, and will most likely be in the NCAA Tournament barring a complete collapse in conference play.

We dropped the ball at The Garden with one horrific loss and another loss that I don't think will look great at the end of the year. A road win against a Top 25 team would almost erase the sting of those two games. Almost.

Need this one, and at the very least need to be competitive.
We need to win this one for RF so he doesn't have to deal with those in-laws.

Yeah, that's what is...believe as you wish. It couldn't be because if you're on this board, it's because you're a diehard fan of the program and may have legitimate concerns about what this loss could mean in the larger scope, which is, no OOC W's at either a neutral or away site, something the committee has placed of significant importance the past few years. Losing tonight is not going to be the straw the breaks the camels back, but it will most likely mean that we'll need to finish with a rather impressive ACC conference record. Which, we haven't done since our inaugural season...

Yeah, that's what is...believe as you wish. It couldn't be because if you're on this board, it's because you're a diehard fan of the program and may have legitimate concerns about what this loss could mean in the larger scope, which is, no OOC W's at either a neutral or away site, something the committee has placed of significant importance the past few years. Losing tonight is not going to be the straw the breaks the camels back, but it will most likely mean that we'll need to finish with a rather impressive ACC conference record. Which, we haven't done since our inaugural season...
It seems like you have a somewhat pessimistic outlook. How surprising.

OOC games are very important, if SU loses the 5 "big" OOC games (wins the others) and goes 11-7 in the ACC we're in bubble trouble.

Big game tonight, let's win it.

I was going to jokingly respond that there is no way we go better than 10-8 for the regular season we are a bubble and are doomed. Then he decided not to bother. 2 minutes go by and someone else posts that and is serious.

It seems like you have a somewhat pessimistic outlook. How surprising.

Interesting. I find the"how surprising" snark peculiar, and it says more about you than anything else. I pretty much post from a realistic, objective, non fanboy manner, and in the spirit of good solid honest debate, but apparently you feel otherwise. I'd love for you to enlighten me and prove otherwise. Now that, I would find rather "surprising."

I have not commented at all about this being a must win, etc., just that I doubt people who have concerns (which again, I haven't commented at all about same) is because "they are eager to declare failure." That's BS, IMO.

Respectfully disagree (minus the PG part) and I am not eager to declare failure nor am I a chicken little.

Tonight is a huge game. Feel free to think otherwise.

Interesting. I find the"how surprising" snark peculiar, and it says more about you than anything else. I pretty much post from a realistic, objective, non fanboy manner, and in the spirit of good solid honest debate, but apparently you feel otherwise. I'd love for you to enlighten me and prove otherwise. Now that, I would find rather "surprising."

I have not commented at all about this being a must win, etc., just that I doubt people who have concerns (which again, I haven't commented at all about same) is because "they are eager to declare failure." That's BS, IMO.
It put that I was suprised sarcastically because you are always glass is half empty or completely empty in my opinion. I generally find the phrase "must win" stupid because it is almost never used to describe games you must win. We are 5 games into the season and anyone that is projecting out are ACC regular season record based on what they have seen so far is really reaching. I agree tonights game would be great to have but the reality is we have had a lot of injuries and I still need another few weeks before I feel comfortable drawing substantial conclusions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom