Hunter Dickinson | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

The thing that does has me worried is whether we can compete with offers that aren't as crazy. I am worried about whether we can keep Judah if he does decide to come back.

Yeah this desperation mode of some programs is out of control. It benefits absolutely no one including the programs that land these kids. No way to meet expectations that come with these numbers.

I just offered him $16M for 15 games. He gets to pick the games. Can still play the other days at another school(s). Genius deal on my part.
You are wasting money.

I say we wait, we offer a player to play just a half of a game, that's it.

Whichever team we play on a given night, if by half time we are down, we just walk over to their bench and offer their best player of that night $100000 to switch over to play for us that half only. We spend nothing if leading. It's only 1mil to flip ten games!

So I’m hearing they are offering like 5 million for Hunter Dick skin. Now, I may ask why a slow fat center who is coming off an NIT season, and isn’t even a first round pick is worth this much, and why is this guy going to make Syracuse a top 10 team? If it’s not clear by now that college basketball is a farcical game of musical chairs, IDK when people will wake up.

The thing that does has me worried is whether we can compete with offers that aren't as crazy. I am worried about whether we can keep Judah if he does decide to come back.
Is this based on inside info? Portal closes on May 11. The combine isn’t until mid May. I also just assumed we were saving our big NIL money for Judah and letting Jesse go.

Last edited:
Is this based on inside info? Portal closes on May 11. The combine isn’t until mid May. I also just assumed we were saving our big NIL money for Judah and letting Jesse go.
I don't have any inside knowledge on this. Just was told today by someone who also doesn't have any inside information that he is worried about this. Couple that with the Post Standard article, it has me worried.

I don't have any inside knowledge on this. Just was told today by someone who also doesn't have any inside information that he is worried about this. Couple that with the Post Standard article, it has me worried.
There’s information out there that said he was “taken care of” so this didn’t happen and why he wasn’t in the portal now so I guess we will see. He’s got two weeks. I don’t think guards are commanding nearly as much money as bigs because there isn’t a shortage of them.

You are wasting money.

I say we wait, we offer a player to play just a half of a game, that's it.

Whichever team we play on a given night, if by half time we are down, we just walk over to their bench and offer their best player of that night $100000 to switch over to play for us that half only. We spend nothing if leading. It's only 1mil to flip ten games!
That’s some solid out-of-the-box thinking right there.

Along those lines, I wonder if we can give NIL money to players at other schools. I mean, it’s not pay to play, so how about pay to not play? We simply take all of our NIL cash and give it to guys at another schools… let’s say the 6th -10th man on their team. The guys who aren’t getting any green. Pay them to sign a few autographs - oh, and to sprain their ankles for just one game. No bench. No depth. Team struggles.

There’s information out there that said he was “taken care of” so this didn’t happen and why he wasn’t in the portal now so I guess we will see. He’s got two weeks. I don’t think guards are commanding nearly as much money as bigs because there isn’t a shortage of them.

Ngl if this smells like a blood in the water situation in a couple weeks that the sharks jumped at.. going to be hard not to point back to that little short term circus of recent that helped chum the waters.

Said the same on Judah a week or so ago. IMO, he'd be crazy not to put his name in the portal before the deadline and keep all options open.

So I’m hearing they are offering like 5 million for Hunter Dick skin. Now, I may ask why a slow fat center who is coming off an NIT season, and isn’t even a first round pick is worth this much, and why is this guy going to make Syracuse a top 10 team? If it’s not clear by now that college basketball is a farcical game of musical chairs, IDK when people will wake up.
So now Hunter is a slow fat center (not disputing he's not worth $5 million though) and we can survive without Mintz and you don't know why we'd want any players back from last year's team.

Looks to me like someone is following the CousCuse posting style and looking for attention.

Said the same on Judah a week or so ago. IMO, he'd be crazy not to put his name in the portal before the deadline and keep all options open.

He hardly would need to go into the portal to know his options. If he enters the portal it's likely due to an offer on the table he likes. Pretty much the standard even if it's not within the rules

Last edited:
So now Hunter is a slow fat center (not disputing he's not worth $5 million though) and we can survive without Mintz and you don't know why we'd want any players back from last year's team.

Looks to me like someone is following the CousCuse posting style and looking for attention.
Kentucky and Kansas are suddenly dumb

Exactly. And I would hope Judah and his dad (unlike Jesse and his dad) are smarter than to take the word of shady NIL characters affiliated with schools they have no relationships with.

Call this a bit of light in the Judah situation... lots of BS out there that could harm the kid by getting them to commit to something go in the portal and then it not play out.
I guess I’m not worried about Judah as much as some because my thoughts are he would have already portaled when he declared and listening to info from someone else’s pod. We also could just reallocate that 400k from Edwards and give it to him.

For once Dean seems to be much more bullish on Syracuse than the local media and the board. He’s usually right.

Judah was given the green light here and every opportunity to grow through his mistakes and shine through. If he comes back, nothing changes and he can pick up from where he left off in familiar territory. To start over new, going into the unknown for a year for a better NIL is unwise and could have a devastating effect on his NBA chances. The top schools are all set at the point so he wouldn't be going to a school that can grant him better exposure and he'd end up splitting time at the point and won't be "the man" on the team. If he's trying to improve his stock for next year's draft, the best choice would be to return to SU.

Hey, it’s a message board, and these are my opinions. I bet Syracuse is better than 17-15 without Mintz and Edwards next year. Team sucked last year w them both.

Hey, it’s a message board, and these are my opinions. I bet Syracuse is better than 17-15 without Mintz and Edwards next year. Team sucked last year w them both.
Fair enough. I appreciate your opinions. I just don't think you take into account that even teams who aren't great can have some guys you want to build around. I don't think it was Judah and Jesse's fault that we weren't great, nor do I think it was Dickinson's fault that Michigan was an NIT team (but no he isn't worth $5 million NIL)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom