Hunter Dickinson | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Hunter Dickinson

Or we’re not even considered lol

Michigan fans are undoubtedly just as annoyed about Hunter bolting as we are about Jesse. Understandably so. I don’t like the no sit out transfer rule. I always thought that was a mistake. and I think NIL needs serious guardrails and tampering needs to have real punishment.

goodfellas-henry-hill.gif

Lol yea…

his ego is way too big for Syracuse.
Maybe the "hold-up" was because he had to record his self-aggrandizing movie decision video.
what a touche.

I hope this isn't serious. We hadn't been in the running for a few weeks.

Kansas has two 6'10"/240lb. rising sophomores behind Dickinson, so I wonder if one of them will look to transfer. Ernest Udeh figures to be the main backup and was a McDonald's guy in 2022 and now doesn't figure to start until his junior year, so maybe he'll want to make a move. The other guy, Zuby Ejiofor, wasn't as heralded but still a top 75 recruit out of high school. Neither have DMV ties and there's not a lot of time but you never know.

Now just imagine the narrative that builds up if those sophomores start cutting massively into his PT and their big purchase doesn't pan out...

I hope this isn't serious. We hadn't been in the running for a few weeks.

Kansas has two 6'10"/240lb. rising sophomores behind Dickinson, so I wonder if one of them will look to transfer. Ernest Udeh figures to be the main backup and was a McDonald's guy in 2022 and now doesn't figure to start until his junior year, so maybe he'll want to make a move. The other guy, Zuby Ejiofor, wasn't as heralded but still a top 75 recruit out of high school. Neither have DMV ties and there's not a lot of time but you never know.
Was reading some of the KU message board after this and the talk is Udeh and his “people” are upset and some are expecting him to hit the portal — especially since Hunter could potentially stay two years (amazing since it feels like he’s been around for a decade).

I think the free transfer rule is the larger issue. The tampering goes away if guys have to sit a year. It eliminates the unregulated Free Agency.

I think NIL needs some regulating as well, but yes, the free transfer rule opened up a Pandora's Box and I'm not sure whether or not they will be able to come back from it. Although I still think it's fairly simple - the old transfer rule of having to sit a year should still apply, unless your head coach was fired/retired/left for another job. Then I think you should be granted a waiver to transfer and play immediately. Either that or if you sign with a school, they hold your "rights" for two years, meaning you cannot play for another school in those two years (you could still go pro). After the two years is up, you can either leave or re-up for another two years.

Was reading some of the KU message board after this and the talk is Udeh and his “people” are upset and some are expecting him to hit the portal — especially since Hunter could potentially stay two years (amazing since it feels like he’s been around for a decade).
Trying to predict whether anyone is staying two years in the current college basketball environment is like trying to predict the barometic pressure on May 4 2030.

If only we had a Microsoft Teams call, or Webex, or Google Chat...HD would be ours. I heard there were issues with presenting the NIL slides, coaches were double muted, and there was background noise (GMAC was in a coffee shop and wouldn't mute!). It all turned turned the call south. NEXT TIME!

GoToMeeting ftw

and there's no rules. no reason to invest time into a rigged system.

if i wanted to really be entertained i'd rather just invest my time in a south american legal system if my thing is kickbacks, under the table payments and shady operators
You don’t need to go to South America for that. Happens right here in good ol’ USA.

I think NIL needs some regulating as well, but yes, the free transfer rule opened up a Pandora's Box and I'm not sure whether or not they will be able to come back from it. Although I still think it's fairly simple - the old transfer rule of having to sit a year should still apply, unless your head coach was fired/retired/left for another job. Then I think you should be granted a waiver to transfer and play immediately. Either that or if you sign with a school, they hold your "rights" for two years, meaning you cannot play for another school in those two years (you could still go pro). After the two years is up, you can either leave or re-up for another two years.

I’m not saying I agree and I definitely need there needs to be some limits/rules in place instead of this free for all.

But playing devils advocate…… a college student can transfer to a new college and not have to sit out of classes for a year. I get the athlete that transfers can still attend classes the year he’s sitting but what is the legal reasoning behind requiring them to sit out a year of athletics too?

I’ve always hated how coaches can just leave basically whenever. But if coaches can leave whenever without any impunity why can’t players? I understand they’re not technically employees, like the coaches.

Last edited:
HD definitely looks like he has slimmed down. Guessing he is hard trying to prove he can be a 4...

I’m not saying I agree and I definitely need there needs to be some limits/rules in place instead of this free for all.

But playing devils advocate…… a college student can transfer to a new college and not have to sit out of classes for a year. I get the athlete that transfers can still attend classes the year he’s sitting but what is the legal reasoning behind requiring them to sit out a year of athletics too?

I’ve always hated how coaches can just leave basically whenever. But if coaches can leave whenever without any impunity why can’t players? I understand they’re not technically employees, like the coaches.
Coaches cant just leave.. Many have penalties for leaving.

Kids want guaranteed scholies and also the freedom to leave . But this isnt just about whats best for any single kid. Its for the betterment of the sport as a whole which is why the NCAA exists to try to even the playing field.

Michigan fans are undoubtedly just as annoyed about Hunter bolting as we are about Jesse. Understandably so. I don’t like the no sit out transfer rule. I always thought that was a mistake. and I think NIL needs serious guardrails and tampering needs to have real punishment.
Just say no NIL for 1st year on campus (after HS or transfer) if you really want to (somewhat) keep the spirit of what NIL was supposed to be.

'Competition' is not altered by a regular/academic college student transferring schools.
Recruiting classes aren't disrupted by a regular/academic college student transferring schools.
There's no reason to ever require someone to sit out of education/classes.

There's just a lot tied up in an athlete being part of a program or not. Greater consequences require a different set of guardrails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom