I hate Craft... | Syracusefan.com

I hate Craft...

I had a conversation at work with some tO$U alums about what the definition of a reach in foul is.

They somehow could not understand why I didn't love him and respect him as the great defensive player he is :rolleyes:

Yeah, but serious question - for the rest of the tourney, would you trade Craft for MCW, straight up?

Iowa State is missing too many bunnies, and has been careless with the ball.

No. Teams would shoot right over Craft. Big liability in the zone.

But that pales in comparison to MCW's struggles to break pressure, maintain ball security, or make an important free throw. Craft's hustle and court sense would more than make up for his lack of height in the zone.

I had a conversation at work with some tO$U alums about what the definition of a reach in foul is.

They somehow could not understand why I didn't love him and respect him as the great defensive player he is :rolleyes:

I have a co-worker who went to Ohio State and every conversation about Craft ends with something along the lines of "but he's so adorable."

Painful.

Yeah, but serious question - for the rest of the tourney, would you trade Craft for MCW, straight up?

Craft has really improved as a scorer this last third of the season.

I'll do you one better--I HATE Ohio State. My wife is an alum, and her entire family went there.

I'm still incensed about our tournament loss to them last year, especially given how it went down. Worst of all, having to deal with their obnoxious fanbase...in my own home...

Iowa State is a dangerous team. Smart offensively, and aggressive. Every touch is purposeful. Hope Brandon and MCW are watching.

Craft pulls and grabs on every possession! They let him get away with it often!

It's BS... He's like a one-man Louisville!...

The bigger question is will they let Louisville as a team get away with it for rest of tourney...

The Big East season (and BS reffing) should be over...

It will be a rude awakening for Pitino when he brings his squad into Cameron or Chappel Hill next year...

Going from one league where you get all the no calls on hard D to a league with light call reffing and two heavyweights that are historically known for getting serious homecooking calls might give Pitino aneurysim...

Radio announcers literally called Craft out as part of the reason College Basketball is being ruined. Called a play where he fouled the ISU player 3 times with no foul and went off on how they love Craft but its seriously ruining College BBall.

The problem isn't Craft people. It's the refs allowing this. Craft is just being smart and getting away with what he can.

I hate the kid, but not in any sort of rational way. I realized this when my 9-year old told me he roots for Craft. I got to thinking about it, and if my kid ended up playing like Craft - hardnosed all the time - I'd freakin' love that.

Is there any team out there that plays good defense that we here don't think gets away with fouls ? I have heard it now about Butler, Pitt, Georgetown, Louisville, Ohio State and probably others that I can't even remember. Just wondering if there is a team that we feel plays strong D that isn't viewed as "getting away with it" ?

Is there any team out there that plays good defense that we here don't think gets away with fouls ? I have heard it now about Butler, Pitt, Georgetown, Louisville, Ohio State and probably others that I can't even remember. Just wondering if there is a team that we feel plays strong D that isn't viewed as "getting away with it" ?

No. Other than SU.

So far in the NCAA's Craft for 2 games, he's 6/17 from the field, 0/4 for 3 pt, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 5 TO's, 6 steals, 1 PF.
In the NCAA's MCW is 6/11 from the field, 0/1 from 3 pt, 10 rebounds, 12 assists, 7 TO's, 4 steals, 3 PF.

Overall MCW 2013 career-.392 FG%, .279 3 PT FG%, ft's made 123 at .703%, 4.8 reb/game, 7.6 assist/game, 2.7 steals/game, 3.5 TO/game, 11.8 pts/game

Overall Aaron Craft 2013 career- .428 FG%, .293 3 pt FG%, ft's made 69 at .793%, 3.5 reb/game, 4.7 assist/game, 2.1 steals/game, 1.9 TO's/game, 9.7 pts/game

Those announcers I just mentioned must be Syracuse fans then...

Those announcers I just mentioned must be Syracuse fans then...

Well, if an "announcer" said it then it would be hard to dispute. Especially since all of them are revered for their knowledge of the game.

I am not even saying it is not true, just that our fan base looks like we are opposed to good D from any outside observer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom