I have to ask | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I have to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Self-inflicted wounds are frustrating. At the beginning of this slide, we could rally behind “sanctions” and “the ncaa is out to get us”, and we had the hope that we’d surely get back to ourselves once sanctions were over.

But now there’s nowhere else to blame. We’re not getting it done as a program and it’s no one else’s fault.

Self-inflicted wounds are frustrating. At the beginning of this slide, we could rally behind “sanctions” and “the ncaa is out to get us”, and we had the hope that we’d surely get back to ourselves once sanctions were over.

But now there’s nowhere else to blame. We’re not getting it done as a program and it’s no one else’s fault.
Sanctions slid into covid into portal. This program is trying to get out of a down period and those factors affected that more than other programs that weren't in a slump.

People get frustrated in real life and they do so online as well. Part of it is an online manifestation of yelling at the tv. Human nature in my opinion.
It's exactly the human nature angle. I mean, we all have different personalities, you have thousands of people on a message board. One thing I will say is that the anonymity angle I don't believe what so ever. You ever watch at a bar in Syracuse? LOL, this place is a church compared to that very in person experience. Basically you'd have to ask the crazy person why they're crazy, or a quieter person why they're that way? Good luck.

Sanctions slid into covid into portal. This program is trying to get out of a down period and those factors affected that more than other programs that weren't in a slump.
Every other program out there deals with covid and portal too. That doesn’t fly. Enough of this “poor us” excuses nonsense. Run the program better.

We are 10-11. Id say 9 of those losses it looked like we 'should' win in the first half. The roster decisions last offseason make everyone want to put their head through the wall and our blue chip recruit hasn't worked out. 'But other than that how did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?'

Every other program out there deals with covid and portal too. That doesn’t fly. Enough of this “poor us” excuses nonsense. Run the program better.
Losing streaks are difficult to get out of, every factor seems to keep the psychology going, the "I just can't catch a break" syndrome. Like losing to Pitt last game. The teams been struggling and losing and then Symir is out for the game and the already wobbling psyche takes as another tough luck situation that is going to cause a loss.

Losing streaks are difficult to get out of, every factor seems to keep the psychology going, the "I just can't catch a break" syndrome. Like losing to Pitt last game. The teams been struggling and losing and then Symir is out for the game and the already wobbling psyche takes as another tough luck situation that is going to cause a loss.
No.

It’s a broader societal problem too. Look at social media more broadly. The world sucks. And conflict sells. Look at what the media does. I mean, we had a president making fun of disabled reporters. Sadly it’s only going to get worse. But I’m a pessimist and think we’re headed for a civil war so you can ignore me.

I also think the internet and social media has led people to be more aggressive and confrontional online. People tend to shy away from confrontation in real life. Online - anonymity or not - changes things. And anonymity then makes it worse. They’ve done studies on newspaper comment sites when people have to use real name vs anonymous. It makes things worse though the problem still exists. People suck.

No.
Not only that but they had to play Pitt, on the road, after playing an enraged Duke team who played a complete A game which left our team questioning who they are, then Symir can't play just when he is really getting on track and making the team better.

Last edited:
It’s not anonymity. This place pretty much mirrors the rest of social media.

I’ve given JB the benefit of doubt for years until this year.

We are way too good of a program to not win at least 20 regular season games every year. Fans are frustrated with losing games we always used to win.
And most people who post on Social Media, especially twitter, do so anonymously.

Not only that but they had to play Pitt, on the road, after playing an enraged Duke team who played a complete A game which left our team questioning who they are, then Symir can't play just when he is really getting on track and making the team better.

Disagree with this. Duke is a tough game but Pitt isn't that good anymore. Pitt is supposed to be a nice pick me up after playing Duke.

They had to play a road game against a bad team and play a really good team?

You don’t say.

WOW! That is unprecedented!

And one of the 3 guards got hurt? You don’t say. An injury? Unheard of.

What’s really unheard of is a high level D-1 team deciding to only run with 3 guards. No sympathy here. Recruit better, play your guys, and fill the roster.

They had to play a road game against a bad team and play a really good team?

You don’t say.

WOW! That is unprecedented!

And one of the 3 guards got hurt? You don’t say. An injury? Unheard of.

What’s really unheard of is a high level D-1 team deciding to only run with 3 guards. No sympathy here. Recruit better, play your guys, and fill the roster.
Seton Hall's starting point guard is out and they are starting Richmond and getting beat every game.

Honest question. What motivates people to post negative, snarky comments on a fan forum? Do they think they can change things? Do they simply feel the need to vent? Or do they just want to be trolls and stir the pot.
Nothing wrong with some second guessing or critical debate, but to me at least when it crosses the line of attacking individual players, coaches and other posters there is nothing productive that can transpire.
Yes.
Seriously, though- in the internet age, that’s what a lot of interaction has become.
My feeling is that people’s personalities, whether positive or negative, are often reflected in their postings.
If you’re generally a negative cuss or whiny chicken-little, or to be fair, even an annoying Susie Sunshine, it’s gonna show in what and how you post.
And no one’s perfect, no one always gets it right. But you just try to take the Debbie Downer, “sky-is-falling” posts, and filter out what’s significant and what’s irrelevant. Maintaining an even keel- not too high, not too low. And enjoy, or at least try to, enjoy the ride. JMHO

Pitt is 9-18 in their last 27 ACC games.
3-1 vs. Syracuse
6-17 vs. rest of conference.

He is just trolling. In his book i bet Colgate is a great team.
Everything you posted in this thread confirms Consigliere point. If someone posts rational reasons why the program and this year's team is where they're at, they're a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.