I have to ask | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I have to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything you posted in this thread confirms Consigliere point. If someone posts rational reasons why the program and this year's team is where they're at, they're a troll.
Even the coach doesn't think there is a rational reason.

There is no need for this or trolling. Leave former players be. Please don't derail a thread that asked a very fair question and a healthy discussion to date with a trolling attempt to take this down a rabbit hole.
They have a solid point guard coming in and can't win because the lineup changed, that's not trolling.

Everything you posted in this thread confirms Consigliere point. If someone posts rational reasons why the program and this year's team is where they're at, they're a troll.
No you sir are trolling.
Bees disagrees he doesn’t troll.
A lot of posters disagree and don’t troll.

You post to get reactions. That isn’t Consigliere’s point.

Good job though getting me into the mud with you. That is my problem.

They have a solid point guard coming in and can't win because the lineup changed, that's not trolling.

I stand by my point- let's try and stay on topic here. Look at the numbers. They are important.

Not only that but they had to play Pitt, on the road, after playing an enraged Duke team who played a complete A game which left our team questioning who they are, then Symir can't play just when he is really getting on track and making the team better.
An average Syracuse team would be in second place in this garbage conference. The coach is not producing like he did his first 4 decades on the job.

My eyeballs hurt after reading some of this trash, from a certain poster (who will not be named at this time).

Hmmm... I wonder who fits this definition.

Screenshot 2022-01-30 114136.png

An average Syracuse team would be in second place in this garbage conference. The coach is not producing like he did his first 4 decades on the job.
This team and roster hinges on Benny Williams. It took some time, but to me it looks like is ready to bust loose and help drive this team.

My position will be that we should be able to field a better and deeper team that can challenge for the league title, make the tournament easily, and beat Colgate.
That experienced Colgate team would be able to beat a lot of teams with new rosters in the 3rd game of the season.

No, it’s trolling. And I’ll try to keep this on topic, but your posting “style” betrays you, CuseRunner/CuseHulk. If you consider this an example of a negative post, then so be it- I stand by it.
As for the thread OP, I think its already been covered- we’re different personalities who sometimes see and interpret things…differently.
And kudos to the mods/admins who try to keep things on topic. It’s not an easy job, and it is appreciated. JMHO

It seems as though the board is steered and skewed in that direction.
To be honest, it’s not just this board, or Syracuse Athletics forums in general. Whether we are discussing Orange hoops or global economic policy you see the same. I suppose it is endemic of the anonymity of cyberspace. I tend to lean to logic over emotion and am just trying to stretch and understand the opposite end of the spectrum.

I don’t question the criticism when it is presented as part of a rational, logical debate. What I don’t understand is the emotional lashing out with no apparent productive intent.
“Why would you punt with three minutes left down 10” or “He has to take that shot when they give it to him” vs. “We suck” or “He’s too fat and slow. Wasted scholarship “
Honestly curious. After posting something that leans to the latter does the poster feel like he or she accomplished something? And if the answer is just “It makes me feel better to vent and get my frustrations off my chest” I’ll understand. Won’t necessarily agree with the approach, but I’ll understand.
I don’t accept that approach at all. Saying something crappy so you feel better is immature. And counterproductive. And hostile. And . . .

Honest question. What motivates people to post negative, snarky comments on a fan forum? Do they think they can change things? Do they simply feel the need to vent? Or do they just want to be trolls and stir the pot.
Nothing wrong with some second guessing or critical debate, but to me at least when it crosses the line of attacking individual players, coaches and other posters there is nothing productive that can transpire.

Can you be more specific? Are you talking this year or are you considering years past?

Are you talking about comments against guys that have or were transferring? Guys that have died?

What about negatively posting against a female student when there were credible accusations of assault?

Because the internet never forgets.

I’m guessing this post will get nuked.

But let’s stop with the performative concern posting.

No, it’s trolling. And I’ll try to keep this on topic, but your posting “style” betrays you, CuseRunner/CuseHulk. If you consider this an example of a negative post, then so be it- I stand by it.
As for the thread OP, I think its already been covered- we’re different personalities who sometimes see and interpret things…differently.
And kudos to the mods/admins who try to keep things on topic. It’s not an easy job, and it is appreciated. JMHO
The topic of this thread is you and many of the others in this thread .

Let me turn it around. What would motivate people to write blind hero-worship posts and delusional takes on our team? None of the behavior you find on sports boards makes "sense" in the way you're talking about it.

And a board filled with happy talk under the current circumstances would be just as weird and off-putting to me. I'm not sure you'd want that.
Absolutely agree. Nothing is more boring intellectually than reading a forum when things are going perfectly, no matter the subject. I suppose being irrationally positive feeds into an individual’s need to perpetuate hope, and I get that. Just struggling to understand how the opposite makes someone feel better or fulfilled after they post “We suck and we’ll always suck!”

This team and roster hinges on Benny Williams. It took some time, but to me it looks like is ready to bust loose and help drive this team.
If this team and roster hinges on Benny William why was he only playing 8 MPG during conference play?

That would suggest our roster doesn’t hinge on his success or the chef is screwing up the stew big time.

The topic of this thread is you and many of the others in this thread .
No, it’s not my intention at all. I am simply trying to understand if posting a negative post, not to be confused with legitimate criticism of performance or strategy, makes the poster feel better or self fulfilled in any way.

If this team and roster hinges on Benny William why was he only playing 8 MPG during conference play?

That would suggest our roster doesn’t hinge on his success or the chef is screwing up the stew big time.
He hasn't been ready to play at this level of competition up to this point. It's a big jump to make. He's on it now, I do believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.