I love JB and it's why this year has to be it | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I love JB and it's why this year has to be it

The human head weighs 8 pounds.
Just reading tea leaves. JB turned 78, he and Julie bought a house in Skaneateles, he didn't go after any portal players and there are no recruits yet for next year. I could be wrong, I've been in error on rare occassions in the past.

I shouldn't bother responding, but that's precisely the opposite of what's happening.
Call me confused. You shouldn’t respond, but you did, which is the opposite of you shouldn’t, or were you still talking SU. (Just having fun:cool:)

Call me confused. You shouldn’t respond, but you did, which is the opposite of you shouldn’t, or were you still talking SU. (Just having fun:cool:)

I know -- meant bothering to respond to that specific poster, in particular. Or rather, directly. More or less.

A mediocre coach whose primary virtue was longevity- largely the result of administrations afraid of their own shadow. Some years he got lucky, other years he was unlucky, but for the most part, he didn't bring anything to SU 100 other coaches would not have brought other than the desire to remain in the same position with the same philosophy, strategies, and excuses year after mostly boring year (at least for the last 2 decades), as averse to change as the school that employed him.

A mediocre coach whose primary virtue was longevity- largely the result of administrations afraid of their own shadow. Some years he got lucky, other years he was unlucky, but for the most part, he didn't bring anything to SU 100 other coaches would not have brought other than the desire to remain in the same position with the same philosophy, strategies, and excuses year after mostly boring year (at least for the last 2 decades), as averse to change as the school that employed him.
We can be frustrated with how things are ending without diminishing JB's entire career. This is absurd.

Last edited:
I appreciate you being honest about it. Steve Holt has been complaining about boeheim throughout great stretches decades ago, the people most obnoxious about him needing to go right now tend to be the ones who were very foolish back when most people were very happy

Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

yeeeeeeah.

I disagree.

I appreciate you being honest about it. Steve Holt has been complaining about boeheim throughout great stretches decades ago, the people most obnoxious about him needing to go right now tend to be the ones who were very foolish back when most people were very happy
Or maybe most people shouldn't have been so happy?

Im watching the Virginia game and its so sad to see how far Jim has deteriorated since that magical comeback against them.
Watching Tony and his team reminds me of how they were years ago during that epic battle. Watching us play against Colgate you could never fathom that we are the same program under the same coach. Two great programs. Two legendary coaches.
One has continued their excellence the other has fallen to possibly our lowest level since way before Roy.
The common thread are the two head coaches.
So ask yourself. Has coach slipped. Has the program significantly declined? What excuses are left?
Its sad.

He's earned the right to go out on his own terms and a couple bad years won't kill us.

But it's time. Maybe future coaches aren't better than this but he is. Julie has to know it. Enough.
When do you think he retires?

When do you think he retires?
I have no idea but I assume this year will be bad (10-13 wins). If 2023-24 is bad again, he says, what am I doing at this point. If 2023-24 is good, he says, ok i can go out on a high note and i washed that bad taste out of my mouth.

I have no idea but I assume this year will be bad (10-13 wins). If 2023-24 is bad again, he says, what am I doing at this point. If 2023-24 is good, he says, ok i can go out on a high note and i washed that bad taste out of my mouth.

If we only win 10-13 games and he’s back it’s insane. I will definitely not renew my tickets in that scenario and I’ve had tickets for 20 years.

if JB truly doesn't want to retire and is obsessed with chasing K'S win total then do it somewhere else. move to somewhere like south carolina where he can golf all year and coach at Winthrop or Furman or Citadel and run up his win total there. he no longer has the juice to coach the Cuse IMO.

You all keep talking about JB and golf, but hasn’t he said in recent years that he doesn’t golf as much anymore? Need to change that narrative.

You all keep talking about JB and golf, but hasn’t he said in recent years that he doesn’t golf as much anymore? Need to change that narrative.
Three active sports kids take away time from golf the last ten years

If we only win 10-13 games and he’s back it’s insane. I will definitely not renew my tickets in that scenario and I’ve had tickets for 20 years.
I think that win total or somewhere north or south of that is in play. I mean, how confidant are we in playing Richmond tonight?

Three active sports kids take away time from golf the last ten years
In the last 10 years yes, but his daughter stopped playing hoops like three years ago, so it’s only 2 active kids in that timeframe.

Jb had the best record in the best or second best league over the time we were in the Big East. That is no small accomplishment. And 100 other coaches couldn't have done that. By the way, second was a distance away from us.
Was that winning percentage, or is this another longevity award?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom