I love JB and it's why this year has to be it | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I love JB and it's why this year has to be it

Jb had the best record in the best or second best league over the time we were in the Big East. That is no small accomplishment. And 100 other coaches couldn't have done that. By the way, second was a distance away from us.
One national championship, two NCAA probations. Yeah, I think 100 other coaches could have produced the same results over 46 years...maybe 200.

One national championship, two NCAA probations. Yeah, I think 100 other coaches could have produced the same results over 46 years...maybe 200.

Wow, I thought I was hard on JB.

My god, seems like I had a BB gun versus you taking a flamethrower to the man's career.

I'm not saying don't post your POV, but that seems pretty harsh. Just my 0.02 as someone who hasn't exactly been pro-JB lately.

100 to 200 coaches? Why aren't there that many as successful as him, then? You left out the 5 final fours and the 1100 wins. It's okay not to be a fan. But to diminish what the guy did here looks rather foolish. In a loaded league, we had the best record and it wasn't close while we were in the league. 100 to 200 other guys could have done that?

Last edited:
You ever hear the cliche about infinite monkeys mashing on typewriters and one of them will be better than Shakespeare?

I think it only takes one to be make a better post than this

You ever hear the cliche about infinite monkeys mashing on typewriters and one of them will be better than Shakespeare?

I think it only takes one to be make a better post than this
That isn't exactly the way I remember that quote but it still works.

It is so disappointing that SU didn't insist on him honoring his exit plan in 2018.

D7576757-DBB2-4766-BC28-F296F73CCB29.jpeg

Jim was a great coach. Todays hes a good coach. I believe Bees. We have this and next year so enjoy it. Personally i think its great and sad. Roy and JB are all most of us have ever known. Its weird to think its almost over. Hope he goes out on top. Lots of raw talent on this team. He needs two things.
Jesse to play like a center and Bell or Taylor to grow up quickly. If that happens we will have a good year.

Not answering for Dash, but when Syracuse left we were the all time winningest school in BE history. Over Georgetown, UConn, and Villanova.
How did we stack up in terms of conference and BE tournament titles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom