I miss TWC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I miss TWC

it wont be all that long until the internet becomes the most expensive piece. look how cell phone plan costs have gone thru the roof and they have some competition. Many people have 1 internet supplier and never will have 2.
OK, I will admit it, because of our previous cost of cell phones we now have the old people service. Yes I have Consumer Cellular. We pay a lot less for service and it is actually better service for us.

I just got my quote from Fios. 10 dollars more than I'm paying for spectrum. Wha?

Yeah, FIOS used to be cheaper than TW by a good amount when you first joined. But in the last couple years, they got rid of the discounts. People were so unhappy with TW that they didn't have to offer the cut-rate price to get you to join. The signal quality is still far superior to what you get with TW, and I understand Spectrum is worse. You don't get incessant price increases with FIOS, once you get to their standard pricing. That's one thing in their favor. There was always "price creep" with TW, as each programmer they renegotiated with, they passed on the $2 or 3 rate increase right away.

it wont be all that long until the internet becomes the most expensive piece. look how cell phone plan costs have gone thru the roof and they have some competition. Many people have 1 internet supplier and never will have 2.

Yep! Internet and WiFi and who you get it from is what all of these companies are chasing. Why there is talk of Spectrum/Verizon and Spectrum/Comcast merging. They want to corner the marketplace on high speed internet, put up cell towers for you to use their and only their WiFi and pretty much from the moment you wake up to the moment you lay down no matter where you go throughout the day you are on their WiFi and using only their service. For cell service, internet, wifi, streaming...etc.

Cable TV is dead its just a matter of time till they hold the funeral. These companies know where the money is and they are all chasing it big-time right now

Yep! Internet and WiFi and who you get it from is what all of these companies are chasing. Why there is talk of Spectrum/Verizon and Spectrum/Comcast merging. They want to corner the marketplace on high speed internet, put up cell towers for you to use their and only their WiFi and pretty much from the moment you wake up to the moment you lay down no matter where you go throughout the day you are on their WiFi and using only their service. For cell service, internet, wifi, streaming...etc.

Cable TV is dead its just a matter of time till they hold the funeral. These companies know where the money is and they are all chasing it big-time right now
Yes and no. A lot has to do with population density. Those entities are going to spend the money on updating their systems where they are going to get the most return on their investment... areas of high population density. Folks like me who live out in more rural suburbia are still waiting on Uverse. I think that is why AT&T made the move to buy a satellite company.

I hate change! :mad:

56a471b1e63b0af532681c260af1eedf--childhood-photos-childhood-memories.jpg

At least with TWC. you could sign on for 12 months and get a decent rate. I used to do that every year. Spectrum doesn't even let you do that.
Nope...they want to hook you up with some Triple Play BS... rates are good the first 12 months then yowza. No negotiation on pricing.

People are waxing nostalgic about a cable provider that was crushed on a daily basis here for years and years.

We are truly through the looking glass.

Turn the rabbit ears and adjust the vertical control! Oh boy, the major league game of the week is on!

Oh but there was no question who was in control! You had the power to move those rabbit ears around and even if you had to hold the antenna in order to get reception it was still you who made it happen. Not a perfect system but a much loved one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom