I think its time for a discussion | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

I think its time for a discussion

And make no mistake this is squarely on Wildhack.
I don't know for sure, but it feels like you don't actually have inside information from the folks with "juice" to support your theory.

So when is Ogeron is getting fired. Don’t care about last year. What have you done for me this year.
How many yards rushing did Duke, DUKE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, have ? Almost 400. If it weren't for the TO's in this game and in the GTech game, it would have been ugly.

I don't know for sure, but it feels like you don't actually have inside information from the folks with "juice" to support your theory.
Not at all. But I think that because he hasn't hired or fired a coach, this certainly falls on his record. If the AD isn't responsible for the various programs, then who is?

How many yards rushing did Duke, DUKE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, have ? Almost 400. If it weren't for the TO's in this game and in the GTech game, it would have been ugly.

agreed. This is a nightmare. And we are all living it. I hate to say it, but...

About the future of one Dino Babers. I love the man personally but the results are not there. It's looking more and more likely he is about to have his 4th losing season in 5 years. What happened today is unacceptable. Duke is a dreadful football team and they looked like Clemson today.
At the DOME, no less!

I say we go triple option. Zig while everyone zags with tempo and no defense

you fix the oline and lot of the issues go away.. the D is fine just young.
D wasn't there today vs. 0-4 Dook after a bye week. Not like previous weeks. Swiss cheese defense.

Your being sarcastic? The schedule is a bear? I mean year 5 in the acc we should be competitive and winning 6+, even this season we should win 6 games and be competitive in others, besides clemson the last 4 years the conference isn't exactly killing it. We don't play ND every year and if UNC/VaTech is going to take over the #2 spot thats fine with me.

We lost Rutgers, Colgate, WMU, FSU, gained ND, UNC. Those are four of the six wins. Again, others who get paid to analyze this stuff said it's bad for us.

Yes once your enrolled in the school. I'm talking about getting them in school. For years schools like Stanford Duke Notre Dame Vandy have had a difficult time competing with other schools because of their high academic standards.

Understood.

Look this team in year 5 under Babers just gave up nearly 700 yards to freeking Duke an 0-4 team thats been steam rolled by everyone with a pulse. To add to it our offense looks nothing like the offense from years 1 and 2 and instead looks like Rutgers. People need to wakeup this program and staff are in major trouble.
I thought I'd never say it...but Rutgirls IS better than us. I'll show myself out...

This year is not a normal year
Sure the seat gets warm
Would be crazy to fire him now imo
Sure, but Southern Miss fired their coach after week 1
anything and everything should still be on the table depending on how the season goes

Syracuse will never win a National Championship, but they should be competitive. Dino's going to get a pass on this season, but will have pressure to make a bowl game in 2021 with or without Devito (probably grad transfers). Today's performance was appalling after a bye week against what was the worst team in the ACC despite having a +4 in the turnover column. The R&D (Recruiting and Development) of the program has to be called out. A lot of money has been poured into the program. This is not the ROI the school and donors wanted. I know for a fact that the Board of Trustees had soured on him midway into 2019.
I like the hire of Ryan Bartow of 247 sports, it will take a few years to see his seeds come to fruition

This season doesn’t count isn’t an excuse. The team is playing the league is playing and now most of college football is playing. How does he get a pass for a season he played. Because to running backs opted out? That’s not an excuse and to be honest I hope the team doesn’t welcome them back. The problems are all on Dino. Zero recruiting wins and he either is clueless to what talent he needs or he’s just a plain awful coach. Why haven’t they brought in any junior college or transfer receivers and lineman. How do you miss on that many qbs? How is Rex out number two? How did it take this long to figure out passes can be thrown over the middle and to tight ends. Dinos claim to fame is that he can build up others people’s talent and then bolts before he needs to bring in his own players. His seat needs to be hot now. The university has given him everything and we shouldn’t be in this situation
I have posted this multiple times. Dino is a turn around artist. A very good one.
He has NEVER built a program with his own recruits. Never won with his own QB. Never had sustained success. His offensive scheme works when it is new to opposing teams. Not after they have a book on it.
If Dino is going to succeed it will be as a CEO type head coach.
He needs to focus on recruiting. Use his personality to win over recruits. He needs to hire a great OL coach. Cav doesn't have it. Probably hire a different OC and let them do their jobs.
Im pulling for Dino and believe he can pull it together but he has to continue to upgrade the staff.

If I could point to one thing that was most disturbing to me today, it was the failure to call a time out on the failed 4th down QB sneak, organize and call an intelligent play. The entire population of Mongolia knew that stupid play was coming behind an OL that has been a major problem all year. Beyond idiotic.

The ongoing lack of clock/game management in year 5 is really really troubling to me. It screams amateur hour.
Same with the play where multiple wideouts were looking around confused on first and we snapped it and devito just launched it out of bounds after 3 seconds. For a team that cannot sustain drives we can’t throw away downs like that. That was as clear a timeout spot as you’ll find, imo.

We’re having the discussion. It’s a discussion board, and this is the discussion that’s happening.

No one should be happy. We got 11 first downs and held the ball for all of 20 minutes today. That’s atrocious. The O is a flaming wreck and Dino should be embarrassed by it. I’m sure he is. He’s gotta fix it.
The time of possession and first downs are low because we scored quickly on big plays

RE: the QB sneak fans were upset in the UNC game when they called an option and screamed it should’ve been a QB sneak. This time they tried the QB sneak and fans are upset because it should’ve been a different play.

The time of possession and first downs are low because we scored quickly on big plays
Yea but that's the problem, sure we'll hit a big play here and there but we don't have any sustained success, how long has it been since we took over on offense and had a balanced possession drove down the field and scored an touchdown, the home runs plays just make the score look a little nicer the last two seasons, no consistency on offense at all and it's not because we hit 1-2 big scoring plays on offense when that's the only offense we have.

We lost Rutgers, Colgate, WMU, FSU, gained ND, UNC. Those are four of the six wins. Again, others who get paid to analyze this stuff said it's bad for us.
We aren't beating FSU and who knows about rutgers and WMU, the switch didn't help but no one looking at our schedule went man this is some tough schedule, we'll play 3 ranked teams great, what about the other 8 games.

This season is a mulligan. Flame me all you want but I’m not getting worked up about a season where there was limited time to get going. Watching these scrimmages make time go by for me but don’t get me worked up. I would assume Dino would leave before we fire him knowing how this will go. He’s a good coach and needs to get a year to figure out QB

I will say that Hafley at BC proves you can turn it around in one season w a transfer qb and stout line play. It’s never gonna be a multi year rebuild whether Dino does it or someone else.

So when is Ogeron is getting fired. Don’t care about last year. What have you done for me this year.
Um tough comparison off an NC and our results.