I think its time for a discussion | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I think its time for a discussion

That’s true, but lots of people are quite aware of how troubled the program is at the moment. There’s a difference between being aware, and calling for Dino’s head. Personally I don’t see how we’re near that right now. He’s got this year and next to get things back on track. If things look dire in November 2021, then it’s a different story.
I never called for his head I said the discussion needs to be had. 4 losing seasons in 5 years at most places won't save your job.

And babers treated him like trash and resented him because he wasnt his guy, he won't hit the transfer portal for that reason also, DB needs to throw his ego out before we throw him out. Besides liberty who else are we beating, and liberty could come in here and win they'll be motivated and they have a good offense. Dino needs to win 3 games, I'm not on the fire him side and I think we'll win 3 games with a max of 4 but if liberty comes in and pulls the upset hes a lame duck, recruiting will be even worse and he'd only be here due to the contract
How did Babers treat Dungey like trash?

I like Dino and willing to give him two more years. I don’t think coaching is the main issue. Recruiting has just been bad. This is year five and I think our offensive play makers were better four years ago. Our offensive line keeps getting worse. We complain when recruiting sites put us near the bottom of the ACC. They are correct and we way overrate our recruits. Our offense is void of talent. There’s not many players who would start on any other ACC teams. This staff has not recruited a big time quarterback, running back or receiver. Our two best receivers were transfers. I give Devito a pass because our line is dreadful, but who else have we recruited at quarterback. In year five we shouldn’t have to be playing freshmen all over the field.

I never called for his head I said the discussion needs to be had. 4 losing seasons in 5 years at most places won't save your job.
We’re having the discussion. It’s a discussion board, and this is the discussion that’s happening.

No one should be happy. We got 11 first downs and held the ball for all of 20 minutes today. That’s atrocious. The O is a flaming wreck and Dino should be embarrassed by it. I’m sure he is. He’s gotta fix it.

The things you mention that separate us from them are mostly irrelevant. The Heisman and NC were 60 years ago. If you go back far enough, Army, Harvard, and Yale all have more Heismans and national championships. Are they more relevant than us?

I think some aren't grasping how hard it is to win here. The talent in our region has never been Texas or Florida good and it's worse now than when Mac was rebuilding. Combine that with how much farther removed we have been from winning consistently, and it's tough to get talent here.
Ok let's talk about the right now. Our facilities are much better than Dukes. It's much easier getting kids into Syracuse than it is Duke. I'm not saying we should be Texas or Florida but the sights need to be higher than Duke.

That’s true, but lots of people are quite aware of how troubled the program is at the moment. There’s a difference between being aware, and calling for Dino’s head. Personally I don’t see how we’re near that right now. He’s got this year and next to get things back on track. If things look dire in November 2021, then it’s a different story.

Babers isn't getting fired this year barring a complete meltdown across the board (which could still happen) but anyone thinking he's got 3 or more years left is in for a bad surprise. Wildhack is already hearing about the program and the rumblings started last year. Babers will be on an extremely hot seat next year.

you mean the same board that axed P after a .500 season and did all they could to push Marrone out?

that board of trustees? their judgement is obviously impeccable

Their judgement might be questionable, but with the expectations that they had in 2019, it's more than fair to be on the skeptical side especially after they approved his contract of which we don't know the exact details. Syracuse doesn't have boosters like the public schools do. They have to make the dollars count.

Yes, I have.

I have been to many college football venues.

And I have been to indoor NFL stadiums in Detroit, Minneapolis, Indy, Arizona, and Atlanta.

There are additional indoor venues in Houston, LA, and Dallas.

We offer a unique experience to a college football player.

I have no doubt that Dino will be fine.
Well agree to disagree, when you go to a game at notre dame one weekend and a game here a week later you really see the difference, at least I did

LSU is 1-2 and knowing SEC fans they'll be trying to fire Ed O before the end of the season. We should grab him.
Sec fans are on another planet. Alabama fans called up talk radio and wanted Saban fired after they lost to lsu lol.

Ok let's talk about the right now. Our facilities are much better than Dukes. It's much easier getting kids into Syracuse than it is Duke. I'm not saying we should be Texas or Florida but the sights need to be higher than Duke.

Duke has an indoor practice facility and a dedicated building.

We’re having the discussion. It’s a discussion board, and this is the discussion that’s happening.

No one should be happy. We got 11 first downs and held the ball for all of 20 minutes today. That’s atrocious. The O is a flaming wreck and Dino should be embarrassed by it. I’m sure he is. He’s gotta fix it.
Other than offer hollow platitudes, what will he do to fix the offense?

Babers isn't getting fired this year barring a complete meltdown across the board (which could still happen) but anyone thinking he's got 3 or more years left is in for a bad surprise. Wildhack is already hearing about the program and the rumblings started last year. Babers will be on an extremely hot seat next year.
Dino probably needs to use the rest of this year as prep for next year. Our road schedule makes this season all but lost, especially after blowing our most winnable home game today.

I like Dino and willing to give him two more years. I don’t think coaching is the main issue. Recruiting has just been bad. This is year five and I think our offensive play makers were better four years ago. Our offensive line keeps getting worse. We complain when recruiting sites put us near the bottom of the ACC. They are correct and we way overrate our recruits. Our offense is void of talent. There’s not many players who would start on any other ACC teams. This staff has not recruited a big time quarterback, running back or receiver. Our two best receivers were transfers. I give Devito a pass because our line is dreadful, but who else have we recruited at quarterback. In year five we shouldn’t have to be playing freshmen all over the field.
Two more years after this one? If this year ends at 1 and 10 or 2 and 9. He's not surviving another bad year next year.

Other than offer hollow platitudes, what will he do to fix the offense?
I don’t know, he’s the coach. He’ll either do it, or not. And if not he’ll get fired. This isn’t rocket science.

5-7 after 10-3? C'mon man...

The problem is this the same exact offense we saw last year if not worse and that includes the game against NC State which was the worst offensive performance I've ever seen and I'm a Bills fan. Hard to have faith hes gonna fix it when the offense now literally looks nothing and I mean nothing like the offenses in year 1 and 2. The fact that Shafers skill guys were clearly the best we have had under Babers is absolutely terrifying.

We play in the ACC not SEC, it's not like winning 6 games and going to a bowl is some crazy thing to ask, not only do we lose but the games are boring we know how were going to lose and have no improvements, winning 6 games playing freely seeing the guys having some fun and the occassional seaon is all I think most are asking for, depending on where were at versus others we only have on super tough opponent every year in clemson, some years other will be and thats when 6-6 is fine but we should have our opportunities to win 9-10 games if we build a decent foundation, if we can't beat liberty and only win one game he's only coaching next year cause of that big contract

Just Reporting what I was told, there was massive disappointment after the hype going into last year and Wildhack apparently got an earful.

I know, heard some too and it's dumb. But it's not like we are Texas or similar run by the donor class.

I know, heard some too and it's dumb. But it's not like we are Texas or similar run by the donor class.

Agreed but Wildhack doesn't like being embarrassed and that's whats happened 2 out of 4 games so far, not to mention the $$$ SU is paying in salary per the extension and other perks. SUs high rollers don't have nearly thr push SEC and B12 ones do but they do make a lot of noise and have trustees ears. If this thing keeps going sideways to a 2-9 or god forbid 1-10 things are gonna get nasty.