I think its time for a discussion | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

I think its time for a discussion

You guys are funny.

Outside of the d-line we have a very young defense playing in a system that was implemented without spring practice during a pandemic. We’re playing 5th and 6th string running backs behind LG who has been a lineman for 2 months.

Outside of Taj I’m disgusted by our receivers and our starting QB, who is probably out for the season anyways, seems to have to yips from having his head bashed in behind that o-line. Tommy hasn’t played to my expectations but he’s in a pretty snitty situation.

You have to give Dino at least next season and probably another after that if this recruiting uptick continues. I’m pissed and I think his seat will and should be warm but I’m not ready to give up on him.

Beyond that I can’t imagine his buyout is cheap after the extension so somebody is going to have to pony up some cash if he gets the axe. And the biggest question I have for people who want him fired: who the hell would we hire to right the ship? I’m 23 and we’ve been bad, besides the 10 win season under Dino (save me the arguments about “whose players” they were), as long as I’ve been old enough to comprehend what I’m watching. Not easy to find a good head coach especially when you won’t pay like the big boys do

Coach K is a legend so he has more leeway. But even Coach K has been told no about players.
How does he have more leeway? A school either has a standard or doesn't. It sounds like you're just making up evidence now.

How do you know this for fact? As I said in another reply, look at some of the basketball players they've hhad. K isn't just recruiting valedictorians. I've never heard this argument for the basktball team.
From what I have heard over the years. It's alot harder fielding a football team than it is a bball team.

From what I have heard over the years. It's alot harder fielding a football team than it is a bball team.
That's not the argument. Don't move the goalposts because you lack evidence to back your assertions.

How does he have more leeway? A school either has a standard or doesn't. It sounds like you're just making up evidence now.
He's coach K he has 5 national titles. I have heard there have been kids k wanted and they didn't meet the academic standards.

Those guys do not exist within the SU community.
1602376825367.png

I’ve been thinking about this a lot today. I coached division 1 golf for a top 50 program for 3 years. At no point did I think, welll my number 3 player who plays golf right handed, only has a left handed putter and I’m okay with it and I’m going to work with what I got. UM NO. This is the stuff that I don’t get with this staff. Howwwww on earth are they so far into the roster and it’s ALWAYS SOMETHING. it’s year 5 now. Year 5. Why do injuries keep happening. How does a guy like Qadir white who was a top 300 recruit not played a game yet ? What is Edinger doing that he can’t get a guy game ready in 3 years. The stuff that “keeps happening” is getting old where they have to plug and play guys that literally aren’t even playing their position. It’s old now and without eric dungey, dino babers (love the guy as the guy) is a complete wreck

You guys are funny.

Outside of the d-line we have a very young defense playing in a system that was implemented without spring practice during a pandemic. We’re playing 5th and 6th string running backs behind LG who has been a lineman for 2 months.

Outside of Taj I’m disgusted by our receivers and our starting QB, who is probably out for the season anyways, seems to have to yips from having his head bashed in behind that o-line. Tommy hasn’t played to my expectations but he’s in a pretty snitty situation.

You have to give Dino at least next season and probably another after that if this recruiting uptick continues. I’m pissed and I think his seat will and should be warm but I’m not ready to give up on him.

Beyond that I can’t imagine his buyout is cheap after the extension so somebody is going to have to pony up some cash if he gets the axe. And the biggest question I have for people who want him fired: who the hell would we hire to right the ship? I’m 23 and we’ve been bad, besides the 10 win season under Dino (save me the arguments about “whose players” they were), as long as I’ve been old enough to comprehend what I’m watching. Not easy to find a good head coach especially when you won’t pay like the big boys do
Wash rinse repeat!

Guys need to catch the ball. But the schedule is a bear.
I disagree we have 3 unwinnable road games Clemson nd and unc. The rest of the schedule was favorable pitt and lville are beatable. Then you have Gtech duke liberty wake bc nc State at home. You can't really ask for a more favorable home schedule.

I disagree we have 3 unwinnable road games Clemson nd and unc. The rest of the schedule was favorable pitt and lville are beatable. Then you have Gtech duke liberty wake bc nc State at home. You can't really ask for a more favorable home schedule.

The preseason previews (not me) said we got the short end of the stick on this. We lose a weak FSU as well as Rutgers, WMU and Colgate. We got UNC and ND instead.

K has spent years now with kids going to class for a semester and a half if that. This is silly we didn’t lose to MIT.
I'm talking about getting kids into the school. If they are a one and done all they have to do is meet basic requirements for one semester. Duke is one of the toughest schools in the country to get into.