I was told Hughes was going to be the best player on the squad | Syracusefan.com

I was told Hughes was going to be the best player on the squad

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Not seeing it so far. I'm seeing the defense of Andrew White (especially in the beginning of his year with us) without the scoring of White. His rebounding and blocking out are fairly atrocious. Thought with his year already here he'd be much farther along.

I think he’ll play much better offensively than this. But defensively and on the boards, I agree. White is a good comparison. White did improve in those regards a bit as the year went on though.

Not seeing it so far. I'm seeing the defense of Andrew White (especially in the beginning of his year with us) without the scoring of White. His rebounding and blocking out are fairly atrocious. Thought with his year already here he'd be much farther along.
You might be the only person who saw the defense of Andrew White.

Yeah im not too impressed myself by him. But we had all these reports from people that are supposed to know better.

Hughes anticipates on defense better than anyone in a long time. He is soft and picks up slap fouls. He did draw a couple of charges. This team needs to find their roles and play with a purpose. Right now they are just running around hoping something will happen. A little urgency is needed on both ends of the floor.

Hughes anticipates on defense better than anyone in a long time. He is soft and picks up slap fouls. He did draw a couple of charges. This team needs to find their roles and play with a purpose. Right now they are just running around hoping something will happen. A little urgency is needed on both ends of the floor.

I have seen absolutely no evidence of the bolded statement above, so I'm really curious how you quantify this assertion. If he was getting 2-4 steals a game I'd say you are on the right track, but not sure that's true at all.

I have seen absolutely no evidence of the bolded statement above, so I'm really curious how you quantify this assertion. If he was getting 2-4 steals a game I'd say you are on the right track, but not sure that's true at all.
He had 5 steals but that is because he kepps taking chances. 5 steals and 15 misses allowing scores.

You're honestly complaining about the play of hues offensively? Okay...

Did you watch the game? He had several anticipation steals in both games.

Going from the parts of the game I saw. Sorry, clearly should have checked the box score first.

You're honestly complaining about the play of hues offensively? Okay...

I was trying to compare what I'm seeing to what I had heard about the advanced level of play I had heard about from others who saw him last year and in practices.

th

Why do so few of our guys not have a pull up jumper in their arsenal? Hughes seems to either take deep 3s or want to take it ALL THE WAY to the hole, defenders be damned. Very KJo-lite in that regard, minus the explosiveness.

His defense and rebounding leave much to be desired, IMO.

Why do so few of our guys not have a pull up jumper in their arsenal? Hughes seems to either take deep 3s or want to take it ALL THE WAY to the hole, defenders be damned. Very KJo-lite in that regard, minus the explosiveness.

His defense and rebounding leave much to be desired, IMO.
Hughes has flashed a pull up jumper a bunch already. He’s our best shooter and a good player. Not sure why everyone is criticizing him. He’s still shaking off rust from his redshirt year, and he and Jalen were our best guys this week. These losses are attributable to Oshae not showing up at all and Tyus barely showing up. Come on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom