I would get used to hearing this... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I would get used to hearing this...

My wife went to school with Stevens' wife (seriously). I am on it. :)
His wife was an Alpha Phi (yes, the same Alpha Phi where Fab used to be 'tutored' at SU), but at the small Midwestern university where Stevens attended (Depauw).

I have let my wife in on the Alpha Phi meme that was prevalent on the board this time last year. She thinks it is pretty funny.

I do not understand the love affair with Jay Wright! He is a decent coach! That's it!

You might be right. But if you can't lure a Brad Stevens what better options are there? It's not like there's a ton of middle ground there.

What does that mean for McCullough?
It seemed he was more worried a out Boeheim still coaching him. In a recent interview he said JB confirmed to him he would be coaching him in 2014. That seemed to be good enough for him

What are the odds of this scenario. Hop stays at USC. JB retires. Cues hires Brad Stevens. I can legitimately see that as a fit.
If I could select the head pounding icon from my phone you would see it 5000 times right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You might be right. But if you can't lure a Brad Stevens what better options are there? It's not like there's a ton of middle ground there.

There a ton of options and JB as earned the right to name his successor.

From your lips to God's ears. If I could choose one guy he would the one. Maybe he could teach our guys how to do the clutching and grabbing that seems to irk many here. ;)
Did I ever do something to you? Do you like seeing me in pain? Are you trying to kill me?

A ton? Ok I said 'better' options though.

Wright is a good coach but small ball will not work here...remember this is the guy who passed on Ricky because he didn't think he was good enough to play in the BE and he had not bigs when he did it!!!

Hmm. Would Rob Murphy return as Asst. HC and HCIW?

I do not understand the love affair with Jay Wright! He is a decent coach! That's it!
He took Hofstra to two straight NCAA Tournaments. Moved on to Villanova where he's made the tournament 8 of 12 years. He's gone to the Sweet 16 four times, the Elite 8 twice, and Final 4 once. He's won American East coach of the year twice (Hofstra) and Big East coach of the year twice (Same amount as Boeheim). He's won the Naismith Coach of the year once (Same amount as Boeheim). He has a .64o overall winning %, and a .677 winning % at Villanova.

That's way better than "decent".

He took Hofstra to two straight NCAA Tournaments. Moved on to Villanova where he's made the tournament 8 of 12 years. He's gone to the Sweet 16 four times, the Elite 8 twice, and Final 4 once. He's won American East coach of the year twice (Hofstra) and Big East coach of the year twice (Same amount as Boeheim). He's won the Naismith Coach of the year once (Same amount as Boeheim). He has a .64o overall winning %, and a .677 winning % at Villanova.

That's way better than "decent".

Not to me...677 is decent at .600 you're looking for a new job. Howland and Tubby both have better resumes and look at what happened to them.

Not to me...677 is decent at .600 you're looking for a new job. Howland and Tubby both have better resumes and look at what happened to them.
He's currently a slight step below the great coaches like Boeheim, Izzo, Pitino, etc. He's also only 51 years old. He's far better than a decent coach.

When the time comes, we are big enough to get a top notch coach from another school... With the ACC money and If the football team starts making money, we would be able to play top dollars... Specially with the 17MM in revenue the basketball team generates yearly... I know it's less after the expenses and it's something like 9MM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's currently a slight step below the great coaches like Boeheim, Izzo, Pitino, etc. He's also only 51 years old. He's far better than a decent coach.

How do you figure that? "slight step below" he has one FF4... only 51? Billy Donovan is 47 with 2 NCs now that is a slight step!

So do we think this is why Boeheim officially said he was coming back next year today?

I am a big USC football fan and pay for their r***** board so I have been keeping track of the Hop story from both sides. Although for me it is a win-win I want to report what I am hearing from their insiders. One in particular proven to be reliable said that Hop was the front runner but SC was scared off by NCAA investigation. Will have to see which side is right. i am happy with either outcome.

I am a big USC football fan and pay for their r***** board so I have been keeping track of the Hop story from both sides. Although for me it is a win-win I want to report what I am hearing from their insiders. One in particular proven to be reliable said that Hop was the front runner but SC was scared off by NCAA investigation. Will have to see which side is right. i am happy with either outcome.
This isn't 2000. If Hop would rather be at Syracuse, I think he waits a year or 2 for JB. If he wants to be in LA, he'll take the USC job. I don't think this has to do with JB retiring at all. I think Hop didn't bolt before because St. Bonaventure and Charlotte aren't exactly USC.

This isn't 2000. If Hop would rather be at Syracuse, I think he waits a year or 2 for JB. If he wants to be in LA, he'll take the USC job. I don't think this has to do with JB retiring at all. I think Hop didn't bolt before because St. Bonaventure and Charlotte aren't exactly USC.

It isn't about what Hop wants he seems to want to go give it a shot but USC has cooled because of NCAA investigations according to the source.

If I could select the head pounding icon from my phone you would see it 5000 times right now.

Ask and ye shall receive...
banghead.gif

It isn't about what Hop wants he seems to want to go give it a shot but USC has cooled because of NCAA investigations according to the source.

Hopkins had his escape pod picked out and according to this source it's now occupied by somebody else.

Good for Hop, congrats to him.

I really hope he is leaving more because JB plans to be around 2-4 more years instead of the program being in trouble with the NCAA knowing some sort of major punishment is coming (besides family, chance to be a HC now, etc reasons).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom