If anyone thinks there's a possibility other thsn the acc tourney pleade explain your position | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If anyone thinks there's a possibility other thsn the acc tourney pleade explain your position

I Disagree

Whether you disagree is irrelevant.

But here are two things that won't happen.
1. Syracuse going 13-7 in the ACC.
2. Syracuse missing the tourney if it actually ended up at 13-7.

At 13-7, we would have
A Marquee win superior to almost every bubble team
3 or 4 Quad 1 Wins * , which is basically in line with bubble teams
8 Road wins (which is an historically high amount for a p5 bubble team)
0 or 1 bad losses*

Under no scenario has that ever be an out, because of the road wins.

* VTech moving around 75 creates movement in the Q1 and Bad loss Category.

Last edited:
Lunardi agrees, if that makes you feel good. he said that this was our "last gasp".

I'd like to see where we would be if we knocked off Louisville and ran the table to 20-11 and 13-7.

Lunardi was a little misinterpreted to add drama to the game.

Under no scenario are we not making it at 13-7. But then again neither me, or anyone that disagrees will have the chance to be proven right or wrong.

I think we need to go 6-0 or 5-1 down the stretch plus win 2 ACC Tournament games to be in the conversation.
Yes...
That likely would get the Orange to the bubble.
Maybe in
Maybe out
One of the last 4.
Uphill fight...but we're used to that.

6 more wins assuming we lose to Louisville. If we beat Ville we will need 4 after that.

Whether you disagree is irrelevant.

But here are two things that won't happen.
1. Syracuse going 13-7 in the ACC.
2. Syracuse missing the tourney if it actually ended up at 13-7.

At 13-7, we would have
A Marquee win superior to almost every bubble team
3 or 4 Quad 1 Wins * , which is basically in line with bubble teams
8 Road wins (which is an historically high amount for a p5 bubble team)
0 or 1 bad losses*

Under no scenario has that ever be an out, because of the road wins.

* VTech moving around 75 creates movement in the Q1 and Bad loss Category.
I disagree

So we def want Maryland to win so MSU doesn’t move up “on the bubble” correct? What other games should we be watching

ACC tourney or bust.. there is no other way

There's definitely another way, win the last 6 and we're 20-11 and 13-7 which should get us a bid. The chances of this happening is rather slim but it's not one in a million slim nor is it "ACC tourney or bust". Maybe 5-1, 19-12, 12-8 gets us in but I personally don't think so.

Win out gets us in the convo... I dont think wed be in. Not enough good wins, too many losses to bubble or worse teams

I Disagree

I'd be shocked if a 20-11 team with a 13 - 7 record in the ACC is left out of the tournament. Talk about OOC and weak conference all you want but if you have been following college basketball outside of the ACC at all this year, the only way a team with that resume is left out is if they reduce the tourney field to 48 teams.

Now, I certainly don't expect us to win out, but should the unlikely happen we're comfortably in. And before you disagree, take a minute and list the 36 at large teams that would be chosen before us in that scenario.

We are snake bitten this year. All the close games and we just can't get a couple we need. too bad. I think yesterday was our alamo, not looking forward to go into the 'ville with them looking like crap for 2 straight games. Then it's "playing for a winning season". unh. I am impressed with some of the optimism here and will I cheer? yes, but i'm increasingly resigned to the fact that this is an NIT year, or even worse- which is better for my blood pressure, i guess. Using my alamo analogy, as bad as this year feels next year could be our year to right the ship. SU sports this year has been disappointing :(

I disagree

You asked for a case. I gave it to you. Some people constantly oversell what is needed because they don't fully understand the process nearly as well as they think. Its a syracusefan.com tradition since 2016.

You seem to ignore road wins which would be a massive factor for us in this scenario, and is one of the 4 primary factors for selection identified by the committee. You state bad losses. But where are the Q3+Q4 losses? We have may 1. You state a huge number of losses, but if we have ++road wins, acceptable NET , marquee win, acceptable Q1+Q2 wins, no bad losses (or 1) what is the miss again -- the number of losses is fine. .Those are the things they look at...if the losses were out of control our NET would be much higher.

We are well behind the bubble line right now. Of course we are. That proves nothing. We go 6-0. with 4 road wins, 3 Q1+Q2 wins, a marquee win, our resume shoots up into safe position if you look at the end resume compared to recent year bubble teams.

appreciate the glimmer of hope, even though the odds of us pulling out that feat, feels like it's on par with winning the powerball, lol. that 5 game win streak seems so far away...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom