If (God forbid) Keita is out for the year... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

If (God forbid) Keita is out for the year...

This would be a knockout blow. We would not be a title contender without BMK. It would weaken us in a multitude of ways.

You are correct...It would be a crushing loss!

He was wide open, if wide open guys can't pull the trigger they shouldn't be out there. Has to be a threat.

He cannot take that shot. Three reasons: 1) Too early in the shot clock, 2) He can't rebound from the 3 point line, 3) Related to 2) but the rebound will lead to a run out (as demonstrated twice or three times this year when he's missed that same damn shot)

iommi said:
This would be a knockout blow. We would not be a title contender without BMK. It would weaken us in a multitude of ways.
Come on. This is keita, not Ennis. Certainly hurts but knockout blow it's not.

iommi said:
Nope. Jerami is wide open outside the arc probably 10 times a game. He doesn't and shouldn't take the shot.
Jerami takes plenty of deep shots to at least be a threat. Might not be threes but a foot or so inside the line.

Jerami takes plenty of deep shots to at least be a threat. Might not be threes but a foot or so inside the line.

And when he did that last year, what happened? JB yanked him faster than you could say jump shot...It's just not a good shot!

Would we ever consider playing Chino? We are built to win THIS year and I do not think we can win it all with Grant being our backup center. The way we recruit, there is zero downside to burning the redshirt. I know it would suck for Chino, but having those 5 fouls could be big. i know it is VERY unlikely to happen, but...

Also, i would rather have Roberson at the 5 spot when Rak is out. Let him burn fouls. Grant is much better rebounding from the wing anyways.
Seriously this is a top 10 craziest thing posted on this board.

Chino probably won't be ready to play for us next year, never mind this year. Remember how bad Dash Riley was in the tournament when AO went down? It would be 10 times worse here.

Also, Roberson at the 5? Have you watched him play this season? Not a chance.

FairfaxOrange said:
And when he did that last year, what happened? JB yanked him faster than you could say jump shot...It's just not a good shot!
But that's my point...he's on the bench where he belongs then. We can't play 3 on 5 on offense.

It would be a pretty big loss. The extra five fouls are only the start. BMK is a better center than Jerami and Jerami is a far better forward than Robison. We are a way weaker team at two positions without BMK. Then you have the intangibles...BMK is a senior leader...He is a calming force...We are a lessor team without him...

It would be a pretty big loss. The extra five fouls are only the start. BMK is a better center than Jerami and Jerami is a far better forward than Robison. We are a way weaker team at two positions without BMK. Then you have the intangibles...BMK is a senior leader...He is a calming force...We are a lessor team without him...
THIS.

People severely underestimate BMK's worth in all facets, leadership being one huge thing that is hard to quantify but irreplaceable.

But that's my point...he's on the bench where he belongs then. We can't play 3 on 5 on offense.

My point is that Robison needs to play within the constructs of the offense. He needs to play the four, post up, or use a fake and drive to the basket or pull up for a mid range jump shot...

Completely agree. Knockout blow? LOL. Jeez. A backup center is never a knockout blow. Ever.

FairfaxOrange said:
Lesser, yes. Done, no way.

FairfaxOrange said:
My point is that Robison needs to play within the constructs of the offense. He needs to play the four, post up, or use a fake and drive to the basket or pull up for a mid range jump shot...
He's not really playing the four though. More of a 3-wing on offense.

Chino probably won't be ready to play for us next year, never mind this year. Remember how bad Dash Riley was in the tournament when AO went down? It would be 10 times worse here.

Then who exactly are you suggesting be the third center? You seem to be vetoing everyone.

Completely agree. Knockout blow? LOL. Jeez. A backup center is never a knockout blow. Ever.

I didn't mean to imply we wouldn't win games without Keita, just that we would not be a serious contender for the National Title.

I didn't mean to imply we wouldn't win games without Keita, just that we would not be a serious contender for the National Title.

We would still be one of the 5 best teams in the country. So yes, we would still be a contender. Agree to disagree.
I doubt he is out for the year anyways.

You have your view, and I have mine. This thread is 100 messages deep in a couple hours (with various people on each side of this)... so i would say it is well worth the discussion. If you want Grant to be way less effective and in foul trouble, then by all means lets trot him out at the 5.

Does anyone know anything of Keita's status??
Or are people just jumping to conclusions?

Does anyone know anything of Keita's status??
Or are people just jumping to conclusions?

I don't think people know his status and I don't people are jumping to conclusions... Everyone is trying to figure out what we should do IF the worst news possible comes out about BMK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom