If Jerami Grant slips into the second round tonight... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If Jerami Grant slips into the second round tonight...

Full_Rebar said:
Kids who are going to leave early aren't going to be swayed by that. Would be better for the program to have another 1st round pick

Agree, would rather have seem Grant go higher. But this may prove to be a message for McCullough.

Dear J. Grant - aren't you glad you listened to your dad and others instead of the SU coaching staff...smh.

Simply amazing, if you listen to the coaching staff you come back and be the No. 1 option. More than likely his game shines and he improves in all areas. You then declare for the draft and easy first round pick.

RF2044 said:
...and I'm not saying he will--keeping my fingers crossed and rooting like hell for the kid--but I'm seeing a lot of mock drafts that have him sliding out of the first. If that happens, will his decision to declare be a mistake? I'm thinking that it would be, on the order of magnitude of Donte Greene.

Colossal mistake. Great decision

#Official

Ouch.

I wonder if coaches hear Boeheim saying the kid isn't ready in the press, and it has an effect on their evaluations? Or do they chalk it up to sour grapes?

Unfortunate for Jerami. But still a great kid. Hope he gets picked into a good situation and makes the most of it.

#Official

Ouch.

I wonder if coaches hear Boeheim saying the kid isn't ready in the press, and it has an effect on their evaluations? Or do they chalk it up to sour grapes?
no way, the scouts want the best players they can get. I think they don't give a **** about the college coach if the kid can play. grant can't play apparently

sucks - hate that he didn't go in the first round - hopefully he gets drafted into a good situation in the second round and plays his way onto a roster

It was an horrific decision by Jerami to leave early. Ignored the advice of many. Blame his dad too...who ignored them as well.

It will be an uphill battle from here to make the league. If he stayed one more year, he gets guaranteed $ and time to develop. Now he'll be on buses from Ames to ft worth begging for cups of coffee in the league.

It was an horrific decision by Jerami to leave early. Ignored the advice of many. Blame his dad too...who ignored them as well.

It will be an uphill battle from here to make the league. If he stayed one more year, he gets guaranteed $ and time to develop. Now he'll be on buses from Ames to ft worth begging for cups of coffee in the league.

So frustrating.

I used to think that Donte Green would serve as the ultimate example of departing too soon when collegiate production doesn't warrant it. Sadly, I think we have a new poster child. "Horrific decision" is a great description.

well I'm sure it is all because he hurt his back and was somehow screwed by the SU staff

RF2044 said:
So frustrating.

I used to think that Donte Green would serve as the ultimate example of departing too soon when collegiate production doesn't warrant it. Sadly, I think we have a new poster child. "Horrific decision" is a great description.

Donte got paid...barely...but he got guaranteed $. This is 1000x worse.

Boeheim should swallow his tongue and support his players, he's not bigger than the team. I'm not saying Jim's remarks had anything to do with this, but it's kind of embarrassing if anything to not have your coach back you. We're supposed to be a family right?

Boeheim should swallow his tongue and support his players, he's not bigger than the team. I'm not saying Jim's remarks had anything to do with this, but it's kind of embarrassing if anything to not have your coach back you. We're supposed to be a family right?

Seriously? You think the NBA GMs are more interested in what JB says than what their own talent evaluators say? That's ridiculous.

Seriously? You think the NBA GMs are more interested in what JB says than what their own talent evaluators say? That's ridiculous.

Did you read what I said? "I'm not saying Jim's remarks had anything to do with this".

Alls I'm saying is if I were a big time prospect and I saw a coach talking down his players who chose to go to the next level... maybe I choose to go to Kansas, Arizona, UL etc.

Boeheim should support his players. It's what coaches, fans and teammates do. Sometimes I really wonder if he's just getting too old. He rarely has his players backs.

Wow is he falling. Deep deep into the 2nd round. I really like him and feel bad for him. Just bad family advice.