If Jerami Grant slips into the second round tonight... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

If Jerami Grant slips into the second round tonight...

Great... now we're 1/3 of the way through the second round, and still no Grant.

Time to lock the thread--I think we have our answer.

Daniels before Grant, yahtzee

Grant will get picked by Philly. (don't have any inside info but they got like 4 more picks tonight so odds are in my favor)

Did you read what I said? "I'm not saying Jim's remarks had anything to do with this".

Alls I'm saying is if I were a big time prospect and I saw a coach talking down his players who chose to go to the next level... maybe I choose to go to Kansas, Arizona, UL etc.

Boeheim should support his players. It's what coaches, fans and teammates do. Sometimes I really wonder if he's just getting too old. He rarely has his players backs.

Not the way I read it, and if that's what you intended, I think I agree with you. I was thinking about JB's comments in the past about his early entrants. Was he close on MCW?

The thing is, we all know most guys could USE another year in the NCAA, but that doesn't necessarily mean that would translate to getting picked earlier in the draft or making more money. Coaches want their kids to stay longer.

Did you read what I said? "I'm not saying Jim's remarks had anything to do with this".

Alls I'm saying is if I were a big time prospect and I saw a coach talking down his players who chose to go to the next level... maybe I choose to go to Kansas, Arizona, UL etc.

Boeheim should support his players. It's what coaches, fans and teammates do. Sometimes I really wonder if he's just getting too old. He rarely has his players backs.

Boeheim is the first guy to support his guys. C'mon.

He's just honest. If a recruit needs his ass kissed that badly, I beg them to go elsewhere.

Solid place to land. He'll get his shot to make the team. Good for him.

He's just honest. If a recruit needs his ass kissed that badly, I beg them to go elsewhere.

The way boeheim threw Roberson under the bus this year along with this Ennis/Grant bs really just disappoints me.

He's a lock to make the roster in Philly simply because of numbers.

Seriously, haven't they selected 5 already tonight? Seems like they've got about 25 players right now.

Hey look, Beilein is there to support his early-entry guys...even the one who slips to the 2nd round.

The problem with going to Philly is that they have so many picks. Several guys will get shuffled around to the DLeague or traded for scraps.

Grants got a serious uphill battle to make it in the league. Teams obviously picked up on our biggest fear, Grant has a 3s body, and a 4s game. Here's to hoping he overcomes the odds.

Now for C.J. To get picked!

Seriously, haven't they selected 5 already tonight? Seems like they've got about 25 players right now.

Saric is staying in Turkey, Embiid is out 3-4 months and they aren't returning a full roster from last year.

This will be a good thing for SU basketball moving forward IMO. SU had a great run with projected draft picks and maybe now JB can point the Jeremy and make him an example of why you shouldn't go until you are really ready bases on your skills not your potential.

This will be a good thing for SU basketball moving forward IMO. SU had a great run with projected draft picks and maybe now JB can point the Jeremy and make him an example of why you shouldn't go until you are really ready bases on your skills not your potential.

but all the kids will say you were wrong about Ennis so why the F should I consider what you say?

The problem with going to Philly is that they have so many picks. Several guys will get shuffled around to the DLeague or traded for scraps.

Grants got a serious uphill battle to make it in the league. Teams obviously picked up on our biggest fear, Grant has a 3s body, and a 4s game. Here's to hoping he overcomes the odds.

Now for C.J. To get picked!

Yeah, but the good thing is that they'll probably suck again and thus be willing and ready to give playing time to young guys. On many teams Grant would be D League bound. Maybe he still will in Philly...but it wouldn't shock me if he started some games for them, if they have a repeat of last year(which it seems like they're kind;ve going for)

but all the kids will say you were wrong about Ennis so why the F should I consider what you say?

But didn't Ennis go about where JB thought he would? Sorry I've read so much about the draft, I can't think straight right now.

Not trying to be a pr!ck, but I'm pretty sure the basis of all recruiting is a$$ kissing. I mean, I think that's literally the foundation of every single recruiting action.

Boeheim should swallow his tongue and support his players, he's not bigger than the team. I'm not saying Jim's remarks had anything to do with this, but it's kind of embarrassing if anything to not have your coach back you. We're supposed to be a family right?
Well, Boeheim can't lie or he would lose all credibility with the people that matter in this. The problem is not jb. It was Grant and a moronic decision he made. We all saw Grant this year. The ACC coaches didn't like him on their all league teams. He isn't that good. He should have stayed. Period. JB was right.