If this team could ever get anything out of Joseph | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If this team could ever get anything out of Joseph

Why isn't this you avatar??

Why should it be my avatar? It's an awful pic. Do you picture me being in that pose perpetually? Plus, I'd much prefer Tony and his devilishly handsome stache.

Exactly, jordoo, if Kaleb were at my Hold 'Em table I'd label him a "nit."
and if you were on the court with Kaleb he would label you "and easy win"

and if you were on the court with Kaleb he would label you "and easy win"

I never questioned Kaleb's ability to play basketball and, of course, his ability to play it light years better than I.

We're 4-0 in the best basketball conference top to bottom in College Basketball. 2-0 on the road. I will take it. We're looking like a tournament team right now.

This team has stones.

Understatement imo. The difference between high end NIT teams and 8/9 seeds is largely luck anyways. With a capable PG this is probably a solid 6 seed or so, although w/ CM out that's maybe more questionable now.

I was in a big hand in a $2,500 buy-in tournament. We were literally on the tournament bubble. The next guy out gets nothing. Making the money meant at least $8,000. I was heads up against a pro, Chris Klodnicki. Look him up. He's a beast. Has millions in career earnings and a very high rating on the poker index.

It was a paired board on the flop. The turn gave me the Ace high flush but there were straight flushes out there and obviously I lose to a boat too. The river was a blank and he shoved. After going in the tank for about 3 minutes I fold. He shows just two pair--a bluff, basically. I folded because I was scared of busting on the bubble. I wound up coming in 14th place and won $9,500 but if I had called, I would've been 2nd in chips and really hurt one of the most established pros, going into the final two tables.

I regret that hand all the time and think about it a lot. It was a good lesson not to play "scared money."View attachment 33687

There I am in the hand. Klodnicki is in the foreground. A little self-deprecating visual aid.

I'm much better at Limit than NL but that sounds results-oriented.

What is very strange and surprising is how Kaleb is not even looking to drive. Something which was apparently a strength of his in H.S. I don't know what it is. He just doesn't seem to have that extra gear needed. Georgia Tech wasn't really sagging off of him, he did try, but couldn't get around the GT guards. That is sort of a red flag, imo.

Frosh PG on a young team that lost 4 players - 3 starters - and now has only one senior; averaging almost 70 ppg, when last year they struggled to score 60 from ND forward. I know he's had some stumbles, but this team is one hell of a lot more fun to watch than last year, and it's partly because he's playing the way he is. Further, he was not noted for his shooting prior to this, so he's not a "me-first" PG. Also consider he's playing in the long shadow of MCW/TE.

Geez guys, he's doing alright. :)

Last edited:
And when you know a guy plays like that or is playing like that its very easy to represent a strong hand and pick up an easy pot and if he has the nuts he'll usually tip you early enough to cut your losses. You've gotta be willing to gamble if you want to win. It does correlate with Joseph right now though because he's become predictable,easy to read and non threatening because he doesn't push his advantages when he has them. I think he's still going through the process and learning one thing at a time. He'll get there.

What the hell is going on with you? Not a single spelling error in there and you are using big words correctly. Whose typing these for you?

Well said brother. Spot on as usual.

What the hell is going on with you? Not a single spelling error in there and you are using big words correctly. Whose typing these for you?

Well said brother. Spot on as usual.

LOL, you know all this new tech has really helped me. Everything automatically underlines or highlights anything that is misspelled and by clicking on the right spelling boom I learn it. It does the same for strange wording, misused or missing punctuation. I almost sound intelligent from time to time.:D

LOL, you know all this new tech has really helped me. Everything automatically underlines or highlights anything that is misspelled and by clicking on the right spelling boom I learn it. It does the same for strange wording, misused or missing punctuation. I almost sound intelligent from time to time.:D

The end of an era ... <sigh> ... Next lesson: "Mr. Space Bar is your friend!" Next week: "You and the paragraph can live peacefully together!" :D

Sorry Jordoo old bud, this sanctimonious old fart just can't pass on a straight line that good. ;)

The end of an era ... <sigh> ... Next lesson: "Mr. Space Bar is your friend!" Next week: "You and the paragraph can live peacefully together!" :D

Sorry Jordoo old bud, this sanctimonious old fart just can't pass on a straight line that good. ;)

The day we can't make fun of each other is a sad day indeed! Carry on.

And here's where I'm going to call you an old man again (for the one-billionth time). One space after a period is widely accepted as the norm these days. We don't use typewriters anymore. No need for two spaces. And yes, it's hard for me to not hit the space bar twice after each period.

But man that was a funny one Moo. Still chuckling.

The problem is he doesn't attack the rim or attempt any threes...turning entire offensive game into entirely off balance shots at weird angles and his shot doesn't have much arch to boot...

In poker terms we need a lag pg!

And here's where I'm going to call you an old man again (for the one-billionth time). One space after a period is widely accepted as the norm these days. We don't use typewriters anymore. No need for two spaces. And yes, it's hard for me to not hit the space bar twice after each period.

But man that was a funny one Moo. Still chuckling.

You do realize, of course, you can set that up as the default position on your word processor ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom