If we strike out on portal big man | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

If we strike out on portal big man

he 5 points in 19 minutes against the best defense ive seen this season.

If he starts and play 30+ min a game ...with a full offseason...he will average double double, imo
Since 1975-76, four players have averaged 10 rpg — DC (3x), Billy O, Carmelo, and Rick Jackson.

Jesse edwards is exceedingly unlikely to be no. 5. I like him but if he gets to 8 ppg and 6 rpg, that would be pretty good improvement.

Since 1975-76, four players have averaged 10 rpg — DC (3x), Billy O, Carmelo, and Rick Jackson.

Jesse edwards is exceedingly unlikely to be no. 5. I like him but if he gets to 8 ppg and 6 rpg, that would be pretty good improvement.
Yeah, people don't realize how rare it is in the college game for guys to average 10 rebounds per game.

It’s simple, we need another option at the 5. Assuming Marek and Sidibe move on with their lives, having only 2 kids capable of being in the middle of the zone won’t cut it when you consider their experience. Jesse will still be raw and prone to fouls. Frank is a complete unknown. We have no clue if he can contribute next year. It’s absolutely critical to have another body for fouls, injury, readiness, etc questions. If something happens, we’re playing Benny or Jimmy Jr at the 5? Come on.
I get it but I’m not sure teams are truly 3-deep at any position these days. I mean, granted, the board will be excited by bringing someone in, while simultaneously being irate that edwards isn’t putting up 16 and 8 each game, and upset that Frank is being Boeheimed.

But beyond that, if they actually view those two guys as legitimate options in the middle I don’t know that I see the need to pull another guy in unless maybe someone is too good to pass up. Someone else mentioned up the thread that maybe a 4 makes more sense and I can see that if Guerrier goes or maybe even if he comes back (depending on other decisions).

I get it but I’m not sure teams are truly 3-deep at any position these days. I mean, granted, the board will be excited by bringing someone in, while simultaneously being irate that edwards isn’t putting up 16 and 8 each game, and upset that Frank is being Boeheimed.

But beyond that, if they actually view those two guys as legitimate options in the middle I don’t know that I see the need to pull another guy in unless maybe someone is too good to pass up. Someone else mentioned up the thread that maybe a 4 makes more sense and I can see that if Guerrier goes or maybe even if he comes back (depending on other decisions).
Is Melvin Tuten still eligible to provide walk on depth in the middle?!

Well again the sample size was small because the coach DNP'd the guy who was our best player in the Sweet 16 all year.

For Marek who is below average at rebounding for a 5. Watching all the skinny guys on Houston come away with everything absolutely made it ridiculous that we sat him all year.

The guys JB buried were good this year Woody and Edwards aren't Carey and Goodine. The guys who played over those 2 and Kadary were lesser players head to head IMO.

Buddy bailed his dad out of his worst season in recent memory.
Joe and kadary’s minutes flipped by Feb — likely a little too late, I get it — but likely would have stayed that way thru the acc tourney and ncaa tourney had kadary been healthy.

Edwards missed the summer, got stuck in the Neatherlands, had to work his way into shape (according to Red, at least) while we got down twice during the season with covid. Add to that the fact that Q was our best player the first half of the season, Marek was helping with ball-handling and facilitating the offense and is a veteran leader, and Griffin was inconsistent but a quality scorer and guy many didn’t want to see go off the floor for the first 2/3 of the season, and Bras really came on late — again, I agree he should have played more but it’s not like it’s quite as simple as that either.

woody was playing, got caught up in covid I believe and then I’m guessing (no inside info whatsoever) had some sort of issue with JB. While all that was going on, buddy started tearing it up in feb and kadary was taking over the 1.

everyone loves to criticize JB, I get it. I’m not even sure I really disagree in the sense that I would have loved to see more kadary early, edwards get a shot a little earlier and loved how woody played. But I think a lot of folks make this sound like a simpler dilemma than it really was, at least if you allow JB his preference for more like an 8-man rotation than a 10- or 11-man run.

A lot of this has been stated already, but Jesse is a drop step and a baby hook away from really helping this team on offense. When he can do that, he will start to get doubled and if the game continues to slow down for him, and he learns to pass out of those double teams, watch out. With a lot of hard work on Jesse’s part, we don’t need the portal - the solution is already on the roster.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom