If you could add one former player to this team... | Syracusefan.com

If you could add one former player to this team...

senorpalmer

Living Legend
who would it be?

This is a question that seems to get posted at some point during every season. Saw a post earlier saying Devendorf would help this team, which is no doubt true.

So knowing what we know about this current group, who would you add?

I'm torn between a big and a guard. This team is best stocked at the forward spots. The team needs help on both sides of the ball in the middle, some outside shooting, and just a high offense guy in general who can create his own shot and make things happen on offense.

I think I'd go with Waiters, in part due to the fact that he would still just be a junior right now. He woulda been turned loose this year, he could shoot the three and get to the tin almost at will (he woulda brought just about everything to the table that Devendorf did, but was a better all around player).

Arinze.

Give this team a legit low post scorer, and we'd be the best team in the country. It would also give our inconsistent perimeter players a bit more room to shoot, as a function of the extra attention teams would have to pay to our low post scoring pivot.

Hmm... let's see. What are we not good at? Ah, that's right: scoring.

How about arguably the best pure scorer in the NBA right now? I don't give a stuff how many forwards we have.

The answer starts and stops with Carmelo Anthony, imo.

If you kept the choices to guys who left early that could still be here, it's an interesting question, Fab Melo or Dion Waiters.

Dion would provide the swagger and the scoring we desperately need.

Fab would put our defense on another level, and he would provide some actual scoring from the 5 spot, at least from time to time.

I still pick Dion though...

But if you get to pick any SU alum, it's going to be Melo every single time.

I'm torn between Anthony and the original DC.

DC would solve a lot of our rebounding problems and he'd give us some offense down low. Plus given the level of competition these days DC would be a monster.

Arinze would be a great addition if someone on the team would actually pass him the ball. I feel like we make no effort to get the ball to the bigs, even when they are in good spots.

GMac would provide some serious outside shooting and leadership, although he would hurt our D a bit.

Carmelo. You should give us choices - limit it a bit. Otherwise, you should always choose DC or Melo!

If our only guards were Mookie, James Thues, and Josh Wright I'm still picking one of those two!

Carmelo. You should give us choices - limit it a bit. Otherwise, you should always choose DC or Melo!
Melo is obviously the easiest choice, but let's try to be more creative than that haha

I would pick these former players: Good Triche, Good James, Good MCW, Good Rak. :)

My number one pick, with absolutely ZERO hesitation, would be Carmelo Anthony.

After him my second choice would be an academically eligible Fab Melo. These guys would know how he played and he would instantly fix some of the biggest deficiencies of this team; rebounding and a decent offensive post presence.

I don't think you could go wrong with Arinze or Rick Jackson either.

I honestly don't think any of these guys are leaps and bounds better than Christmas, but from a psychological standpoint I think our guards would have more faith in them and get them the ball more.

There's only three possible choices: Bing, DC or Carmelo. If u chose anyone else you are fired.

Imagine having those 3, in their Cuse prime, on the same team. They could play 3 on 5 and go undefeated

Between Dion and Fab (just because I'm thinking about guys that could still be on this team), I'd kill to have Fab back for a full-year.

1. Less BMK (small doses are good, but major minutes are not)
2. His shot blocking is still far better than anything we have, despite the fact that Xmas has become a solid shot blocker.
3. He had so many baskets in transition from running the floor.
4. He and MCW would hook up for like 10530825 alley oops a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom