IFFFF Pitt happens to beat Clemson on Saturday | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

IFFFF Pitt happens to beat Clemson on Saturday

so, Clemson didn't deserve to make the playoff last year even after losing to a 4-8 Syracuse? please, don't answer, it will just be painful
That wasn't a defacto elimination game like this one is.

Clemson loses they are out. If Oklahoma and Ohio State win.
Clemson will not get the benefit of doubt Pittsburgh is 7-5.
Clemson is going to win anyway they are 25.5 point favorites.
You can’t lose that type of game and get in.
Clemson is going to destroy Pittsburgh.

Clemson - Pitt won't be much of a game. It would be the most shocking championship upset in the history of conf championship games.

Fun scenario now is:

- Alabama beats Georgia in the same manner they've beaten everyone else this year
- Texas beats Oklahoma
- Northwestern beats Ohio State
- Memphis beats the no Mackenzie Milton version of CFU

That 90 minutes of 7 OTs that Orgeron spent soaked by Gatorade will suddenly feel like 90 years.

I think they'll just give the 4th spot to Louisville.

Clemson - Pitt won't be much of a game. It would be the most shocking championship upset in the history of conf championship games.

Fun scenario now is:

- Alabama beats Georgia in the same manner they've beaten everyone else this year
- Texas beats Oklahoma
- Northwestern beats Ohio State
- Memphis beats the no Mackenzie Milton version of CFU

That 90 minutes Orgeron spent soaked by Gatorade will suddenly feel like 90 years.

I think they'll just give the 4th spot to Louisville.

What if all of that unfolded as laid out except UCF rolled over Memphis? Would they take UCF?

What if all of that unfolded as laid out except UCF rolled over Memphis? Would they take UCF?

It's the nuclear scenario where they may have no choice. If Milton didn't get hurt, I don't think they'd hesitate. But even without him, what choice do they have? Michigan over Ohio State?

Memphis looked really good against Houston.

and the other games break as follows:

GA over Bama (unlikely, but still possible)
OU and OSU win convincingly (likely)

It's possible that Clemson gets left out of the Playoff. Unlikely, but possible.

Will that have any effect on our bowl placement?

Clemson will obviously get a NY6 bowl,

I don't think it would matter. Clemson would slide from Playoff to NY6, still the only ACC team in that rarified air. It would get Pitt win #8, but I don't think CWB uses the one win rule for Pitt.

Clemson is out if they lose. And I hope and pray they lose.

Swofford screwed over his alma matter (UNC) on that BS onsides kick offsides call to get Clemson over. He'll make sure the refs take care of Pitt if it's close.

OU's offense can score on anybody but imo their defense will keep them from moving up past ND who they've been behind ever since the first CFP ranking came out.

Their defense is awful and I agree has been held against them throughout the rankings. I still think there is an outside chance if they thump Texas that the committee moves them ahead of ND.

CousCuse on a board that can hate other programs with the best of them, you stand out. So far I've seen you praying for Clemson to lose, Notre Dame to lose, all SEC teams to lose, is there anybody left you'd like to see win?

worldburn-top.jpg

We're never going to be treated fairly by this conference, as Maryland always said. Syracuse has always been and will always be capable of making their own way.
We built the Carrier dome when the football team was an independent. Now we have to depend on the charity of others, god help the Orange.

It's the nuclear scenario where they may have no choice. If Milton didn't get hurt, I don't think they'd hesitate. But even without him, what choice do they have? Michigan over Ohio State?

Memphis looked really good against Houston.

Agree with you here that I don't know how you can get around not including them other than basically announcing non-P5's aren't eligible for the CFP.

It would be making an incredibly loud statement that an undefeated non P5 conference champ is still below a 2-3 loss, non-conference champion P5 team. Having said that UCF would be minimum a 30+ point dog to Bama in the semi's.

This conference championship come down to a fight in the family between the coddled entitled ones and the ones who get the old cloths. I said who's side I'm on, Go Pitt.
You want us to pony up for Babers, but you are actively rooting for us to earn less money.

OK.
I haven't seen a response to this. How do you justify these two positions? More money for Dino is better, right? Clemson making the CFP means more money for SU, right?

Of course they would be left out for Ohio State don't be crazy. Ohio States poor play went out the window in the eyes of the voters after the Michigan game OU should be very thankful they get to play a superior opponent to Northwestern in Texas.

UCF won't jump them without their QB. If both Ohio State and OU lose there will be a big discussion for who is 4. In that case I think you probably have to let Georgia get another shot Bama. Noone wants to see UCF minus their QB.

They can't pass the ball. Their defense is lousy. All they can do is run the ball. They are a one dimensional lousy team. If you can stop the run, you can beat them.

We unfortunately didn't get the 4-3-5 setup we needed to stop the run in place until after the Clemson and Pitt late meltdowns against the run.
Man, if they had let us use a 4-3-5 this year, I bet our defense would've been way better all along. ;)

Seriously though, I think it was that game that forced them to start looking at getting other LBs in at least situationally. Didn't almost all of Shy's playing time come after that?

A monster game by UCFs backup quarterback and a blowout is the only way they consider letting them play Bama.

I haven't seen a response to this. How do you justify these two positions? More money for Dino is better, right? Clemson making the CFP means more money for SU, right?
$428 thousand. Do you want Clemson to get more and more recruits and more powerful, like Alabama?

isn't that self explanatory based on who posted said take?

It's kind of upsetting really. Every time I see Mac and that glorious white sweater...I just know there is something coming that isn't worth reading.

It's kind of upsetting really. Every time I see Mac and that glorious white sweater...I just know there is something coming that isn't worth reading.
You never met Coach Mac, did ya?

$428 thousand. Do you want Clemson to get more and more recruits and more powerful, like Alabama?
Losing in the ACCCG is not going to stop that. We have to get better. We beat them last year, and almost won on the road this year. $428K could keep an assistant coach or two here. Kick the stufft out of Pitt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom