i'll say it over and over again | Syracusefan.com

i'll say it over and over again

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHeartSUFball

All Conference
we are a football school! forever and always... now get excited for the ACC schedule to be released hopefully in the next 44 days??!!!

It doesn't matter how many times you say it. It doesn't make it true.

When is the last time we've had a legitimate sellout in football?

I love football and am excited for the season, but the casual fan in Syracuse is basketball all the way.

We have a great hardcore (or should I say hard-nosed) pack of football fans but it's the casual fan that makes the difference in terms of attendance and they don't agree with you. I wish they did though.

i just find it funny how hoops snobs cant get aboard with football...im talking to the extra 15,000 that attended tonights game... prob couldnt tell u crap about cuse athletics but read the front page and want to go the "it" thing in cuse. Now thats no one on syracusefan because for the most part everyone is a diehard cuse fan, but those fairweather fans rub me the wrong way.

i just find it funny how hoops snobs cant get aboard with football...im talking to the extra 15,000 that attended tonights game... prob couldnt tell u crap about cuse athletics but read the front page and want to go the "it" thing in cuse. Now thats no one on syracusefan because for the most part everyone is a diehard cuse fan, but those fairweather fans rub me the wrong way.

We have a nationally famous hoops fanbase. We've played for 3 titles, we are ranked in hoops day in, day out, year in and out. Our coach is in the hall of fame and coaches Olympic hoops while guys like Izzo, Self, and Willliams watch on TV.

No one who pays a ticket to sit at Hendricks Chapel to be there is fair weather. Those seats are pretty darn empty for football and they're good football seats.

It's not even close.

okay listen im not in it for a pissing match..i get it football obviously is rising but not at the point where hoops is. listen we rep the same fanbase so take it easy tiger, I guess I didnt think this thread would cause the hoops only crowd to get so uptight

Huh?
We haven't had a sellout in basketball since they played in Manley. The Carrier Dome has only been truly sold out once, and that was a football game.

We haven't had a sellout in basketball since they played in Manley. The Carrier Dome has only been truly sold out once, and that was a football game.

Do you honestly believe that the game today would not have sold 50k tickets if the admin chose to change the seating venue? SU sold every ticket it was willing to sell. That would be a sellout to most people.

Do you honestly believe that the game today would not have sold 50k tickets if the admin chose to change the seating venue? SU sold every ticket it was willing to sell. That would be a sellout to most people.

There's a HUGE difference between 35k and 50k. If they planned, months in advance, to get 50k to a basketball game then Syracuse could do it. Then again, most other schools could too. Many schools could even get more than 50k to a basketball game for a one time thing. If Michigan wanted to, I'm sure they could set up a court in the middle of their stadium, and get 110k people to watch a basketball game once.

Also, Syracuse basketball plays in a 50k seat football stadium. You can't spin a 35k crowd into a sellout of a 50k stadium. And don't think I'm poopooing the size of the crowd. I'm simply stating the truth, which is that it's not a sellout.

Go to a basketball game and sing along to the fight song...

Down, down the field goes old Syracuse,
Just see those backs hit the line and go thru...

We're a football school.
Stop it. You can't be serious. Ask fans from other schools what we are. Most around the country think our football team is a joke. It isn't. But that is what others think. Our hoop team gets national respect.

FB is boring. Its 20 minutes of action jam packed into 3+ hours of standing around and talking and commercial breaks

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

FB is boring. Its 20 minutes of action jam packed into 3+ hours of standing around and talking and commercial breaks

Well, the majority of today's game wasn't exactly thrilling either

when is the last time we had 35,000 for a football game?
Even if you don't buy the announced attendance numbers, we had more than 35k for the home games last year. Just because the people are more spread out doesn't mean there are less of them.

Might as well only play 2mins of basketball since it's likely the two teams will be tied, or close to it, at the final 2mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom