Illinois Uniforms | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Illinois Uniforms

The all-orange look is not attractive no matter the supposed shade.

I wonder how much the FBI takedown of college hoops shoe money bribery will impact our upcoming apparel renewal negotiation, if any.

MadNY3 - care to speculate or is it too early in the prosecution of those charges to say?

I wonder how much the FBI takedown of college hoops shoe money bribery will impact our upcoming apparel renewal negotiation, if any.

MadNY3 - care to speculate or is it too early in the prosecution of those charges to say?
Why would one have anything to do with the other?

Agree, it is a beautiful shade of orange. Go, ahead laugh at this fellas, but our fb orange has become vastly different from the hoops orange. That's amateur hour right there. The fb orange is darker and burnt and after a quarter of perspiration looks to be almost red. What.

I usually don't worry about uniforms, but it is a mess. My Grandma came to visit, and watched the LSU game. She asked why the Orange looked like red. She's not some senile old lady either. I just want to win, but damn. Something needs to be changed.

I usually don't worry about uniforms, but it is a mess. My Grandma came to visit, and watched the LSU game. She asked why the Orange looked like red. She's not some senile old lady either. I just want to win, but damn. Something needs to be changed.
Agree, it is a beautiful shade of orange. Go, ahead laugh at this fellas, but our fb orange has become vastly different from the hoops orange. That's amateur hour right there. The fb orange is darker and burnt and after a quarter of perspiration looks to be almost red. What.
I agree. My wife was laughing at the colors last week and she does not watch football. LSU unis remain awesome.

The casual fan doesn't even understand. Why should we?

Blue isn't even a freaking official color of the university.

It's orange and orange alone.

The Illinois uniforms are beautiful and freaking Nike didn't think the team with the nickname Orange should have them.

Do people get that Syracuse University does have say in the manner?

I am not a fan of Beaverton, OR, but goodness, it's not like they are designing stuff and telling SU "you will wear these or you will die significant death."

Yep. Same few. Over and over and
John Wooden...and because of him, Tom Coughlin...cared how the players put their freakin socks on.

When you go to church Reverand, do you put on your Sunday best or do you wear what u mowed the lawn in??

Uniforms matter.

Do people get that Syracuse University does have say in the manner?

I am not a fan of Beaverton, OR, but goodness, it's not like they are designing stuff and telling SU "you will wear these or you will die significant death."
Syracuse football has a say in what they wear. Nike makes them and somebody in the AD okays them.

Blue is not an official color of the University. Football could wear orange and black.

Basketball could wear Orange and Yellow.

Soccer could wear Orange and Pink.
Etc.

Blue should never be more prevalent on our uniforms ever as it's not an official color.

Nike is telling Syracuse football what they think of us by not even caring to make our Orange look good.

Syracuse football has a say in what they wear. Nike makes them and somebody in the AD okays them.

Blue is not an official color of the University. Football could wear orange and black.

Basketball could wear Orange and Yellow.

Soccer could wear Orange and Pink.
Etc.

Blue should never be more prevalent on our uniforms ever as it's not an official color.

Nike is telling Syracuse football what they think of us by not even caring to make our Orange look good.

If the University is allowing uniforms that don’t adhere to the Brand guidelines/PMS colors, etc., that’s on the University, not the Swoosh.

Methinks too many people in the process have gotten drunk of the 44 degree-angle design element, which has (over) influenced too much, including color palette. The worst, to me was the Grey and overuse of blue like you said.

If the University is allowing uniforms that don’t adhere to the Brand guidelines/PMS colors, etc., that’s on the University, not the Swoosh.

Methinks too many people in the process have gotten drunk of the 44 degree-angle design element, which has (over) influenced too much, including color palette. The worst, to me was the Grey and overuse of blue like you said.
I don't mind the 44 degree stuff and other modern twists. I actually like the white helmets as an alternative (once/twice a year). But please, get the correct shade of orange and fix the dam number font.

Oh, and one other thing let's burn everything in the armoire that is grey along with the blue pants and helmets.

We are SU!!!!!

upload_2017-9-30_10-48-59.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-30_10-48-30.png
    upload_2017-9-30_10-48-30.png
    288.7 KB · Views: 10
Keep the blues for the military appreciation game.

As for the shade of orange... I was shocked my first time at the Dome how “orange” everything looked compared to what I’d seen on TV. Maybe it’s my TV...

Who’s laughing? Honestly asking

As you could imagine, the Athletic Department receives a great deal of feedback from fans and alums.

By a wide margin, the Department hears most about the football uniforms.

About 75% [corrected] of the comments object to what we are wearing.

So, many care about the uniforms and most do not like what they are seeing.

Last edited:
Fake news.
The Illinois uniforms are different. The picture above is a straw man.

The Illlinois jersey is a different shade of Orange and has clear legible white numerals.

BwNyrVdIcAErnhV.jpg

Frank Maloney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom