I'm going to Defend JB | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I'm going to Defend JB

I hereby present Dash's new avatar which I humbly think is better than the plain green D: Teddy Yodavelt (credit to Alsacs)

IMG_4117.jpg

You have it out for Boeheim, so no proof will ever satisfy you. But, here are a couple of glaring inconsistencies: Cam Newton's father was paid $100,000, Cam didn't know so it was ok. UNC ran a shadow curriculum to allow athletes to do nonsense or no work, NCAA, no problem. The spreadsheets the FBI released re damning to a slew of programs, no repercussions. Penn State was aware at the highest of levels what was going on there, horrible stuff, slap in the wrist.

Are you really using the "you too" argument fallacy, here?

PSU, UNC, etc all should have been hit. What does that have to do with us?

We have been on probation twice, for relatively serious issues.

Let me ask you something, what do you think is more likely?

The two times that Syracuse got caught were both witch hunts that embellished what we did and those were the only two instances where we may have done something wrong?

OR

Do you think JB has run a loose program and we've been caught twice for stuff we actually did (and is serious, regardless of what anyone thinks) and we have VERY LIKELY done more and worse things that we've gotten away with?

Listen, I get watching college athletics, there is a part of it that we all look away from. I get it. But we are much more close to "UNLV East" versus some model of integrity.

I’m surprised fans here are downplaying the infractions committed by the program they root for. Definitely is a thing unique here and done literally nowhere else.
and likewise I’m surprised there are fans here selectively grinding an axe 30 yrs on ;)

I personally don’t think JB cheats.
I think he is more guilty of running a loose program and others doing stuff that got the program in trouble.

Now I don’t know what Dasher knows but I believe him when he says he knows and it’s not good.

I personally don’t think JB cheats.
I think he is more guilty of running a loose program and others doing stuff that got the program in trouble.

Now I don’t know what Dasher knows but I believe him when he says he knows and it’s not good.

What about that golf score thing back in the day? Not sure that was cheating, but it was an odd omission.

I’m surprised fans here are downplaying the infractions committed by the program they root for. Definitely is a thing unique here and done literally nowhere else.

Well, perhaps it’s because they were actually pretty minor infractions-
Especially compared to stuff going on at other programs.

And especially because we self-reported the second time, what were effectively the equivalent of unpaid parking tickets and not returning library books, and the NCAA then HAMMERED us.

... like they should have done to programs like:
Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Llvll, Arizona, LSU, etc.

Well, perhaps it’s because they were actually pretty minor infractions-
Especially compared to stuff going on at other programs.

And especially because we self-reported the second time, what were effectively the equivalent of unpaid parking tickets and not returning library books, and the NCAA then HAMMERED us.

... like they should have done to programs like:
Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Llvll, Arizona, LSU, etc.

lol

lol

Exactly.

Ask fans of any non-Syracuse program about our violations, and they’ll go on and on about how JB is a “cheater” and it’s a “dirty program”.

But then ask them what the actual things we did wrong were, and...
crickets.

sUrACUsE cHeeTeD!!

Exactly.

Ask fans of any non-Syracuse program about our violations, and they’ll go on and on about how JB is a “cheater” and it’s a “dirty program”.

But then ask them what the actual things we did wrong were, and...
crickets.

sUrACUsE cHeeTeD!!
Same thing happened with Deflategate.
Narratives are all that matter.

Couscuse this conjecture doesn’t deserve a response.

Anyone who disagrees with you has it out for JB. That is so childish.

I have defended you recently as an a idealist but your post goes beyond that.
We are Syracuse basketball fans.
We support the program.

I am sorry you can’t backup anything when asked too.

Just because other institutions cheated isn’t an excuse for when we had violations.
The justice system isn’t fair.
People with more resources don’t get treated the same as people with less.

It doesn’t mean crimes weren’t committed.

Fine maybe fair JB had and still to some extent runs a loose problem. God forbid he not babysit young adults 18 to 22 year old's.

Are you really using the "you too" argument fallacy, here?

PSU, UNC, etc all should have been hit. What does that have to do with us?

We have been on probation twice, for relatively serious issues.

Let me ask you something, what do you think is more likely?

The two times that Syracuse got caught were both witch hunts that embellished what we did and those were the only two instances where we may have done something wrong?

OR

Do you think JB has run a loose program and we've been caught twice for stuff we actually did (and is serious, regardless of what anyone thinks) and we have VERY LIKELY done more and worse things that we've gotten away with?

Listen, I get watching college athletics, there is a part of it that we all look away from. I get it. But we are much more close to "UNLV East" versus some model of integrity.
"The two times that Syracuse got caught were both witch hunts that embellished what we did and those were the only two instances where we may have done something wrong?" THIS

I think some are missing the point. It’s not about an axe to grind or bringing up the past.. It’s just saying the idea that the fans of this program haven’t defended JB a ton thought the years, through multiple scandals, is nonsense. Everyone has had his back and stuck by him through the Fine mess, the two probations, players punching women, players accused of rape, etc etc. I would even agree that maybe most was B S. But regardless, we didn’t cut bait, so to suggest we aren’t loyal to him due to anyone suggesting the time is near for him to step down is crap.

Cool, we disagree. To you, Syracuse is the unluckiest program in the history of college athletics.
It's business. Powerful interests always want to put competitors out of business.

Cool, we disagree. To you, Syracuse is the unluckiest program in the history of college athletics.
eh not really unlucky as much as JB has made unfortunate enemies along the way that had the motive and means to get the hammer brought our way

eh not really unlucky as much as JB has made unfortunate enemies along the way that had the motive and means to get the hammer brought our way

Sorry. JB runs a very loose program. It's on him.

This isn't an "out to get him" thing. This was an inevitability thing. It's not if we got caught, but just how many times.

I'm not saying JB is some evil wizard, but it's his show, and what's occurred has happened under his watch.

If you think we only got nailed because of the man behind the curtain waiting to drop the hammer, we can agree to disagree.

This isn't an "out to get him" thing. This was an inevitability thing. It's not if we got caught, but just how many times.

I'm not saying JB is some evil wizard, but it's his show, and what's occurred has happened under his watch.

If you think we only got nailed because of the man behind the curtain waiting to drop the hammer, we can agree to disagree.

He trusts the young men he brings into his program to behave and act as adults. He's not going to babysit them.

It’s always been amazing to me that the one man responsible for taking the program from just another ECAC to one of the premier national programs in college basketball doesn’t have the attention to detail for this sort of thing. ESPECIALLY after he got burned once.

JB is a lifelong Central New Yorker he is one of us. He has been on the SU campus since 1962. Our Hall of Fame, National Championship, 1000 plus win HC and 3 time Gold Metal Winner. Let alone what he has done on the court he is the face of Syracuse University and the community and greater Central New York for all he has done off the court to his contributions to the community and society. Even more even at his age and tenure he has always had his finger on the pulse of his players and the base the community and fan base. Just like he knows what he has to tell his players privately and what he needs to let out public in the media. He also knows what us the fan base needs to hear at any given point. This fickle fan base which I'm a part of routinely wants to out him after any given loss then kneels at the alter when we beat VA Tech at home and win two in a row. Then after a road loss at top 10 UV wants him out again. Incredible. JB has forgotten more basketball then we will ever know even at his age. Leave him alone sit back watch the games and let him do his job.
With the current state program he should be criticized

You have it out for Boeheim, so no proof will ever satisfy you. But, here are a couple of glaring inconsistencies: Cam Newton's father was paid $100,000, Cam didn't know so it was ok. UNC ran a shadow curriculum to allow athletes to do nonsense or no work, NCAA, no problem. The spreadsheets the FBI released re damning to a slew of programs, no repercussions. Penn State was aware at the highest of levels what was going on there, horrible stuff, slap in the wrist.
I have it out for Boeheim. Have you read these boards for years? I have been the biggest jb supporter. But back to your response. None of those cases have anything to do with what we did back in the 1990's. First, none of those examples had happened yet. It isn't a defense to say that others did things worse than what you accuse us of so we should get a pass. Auburn and UNC should have been hammered. So what? This is about what happened under our coach. And none of what you cited says anything about powers that be ordering the NCAA to take us down. You can't make the truth a lie. And you can't make a lie the truth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom