I'm going to Defend JB | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

I'm going to Defend JB

Ooh Please Bees. This stuff has been happening before and since. Did anything ever happen to Anthony Davis and Kentucky or Zion and Duke. I could go on and on.

Why are you shouting?

It frustrates me that so called long time fans like myself want to take down JB. How ungrateful of some of you.

And I think this is somewhat disingenuous, too. You can say this (being predictable) about any number of teams with a young guy as coach. And also the 2011-12 and 2012-13 teams of ours, for example, were exactly as our teams our now in terms of 100% zone and general approach to offense, i.e. PREDICTABLE, and we dominated everyone.
It's all about the 5 you can trot out on the floor, and how you sprinkle in the others from the bench. It's personnel. That -- with recruiting as well as using his bench -- is where JB has slipped.
That's fine. I think the game might have changed a bit in the last 10 years but I also think those teams you mentioned would do well in any era. the problem is that they were great teams. It's possible that these Syracuse teams might look better in those days.

That's fine. I think the game might have changed a bit in the last 10 years but I also think those teams you mentioned would do well in any era. the problem is that they were great teams. It's possible that these Syracuse teams might look better in those days.
I don't think they would. These recent teams have definitely been significantly lower quality. But again, I assert that this is due to personnel and decisions with personnel and not with style of play or hoops Xs and Os theory

Ooh Please Bees. This stuff has been happening before and since. Did anything ever happen to Anthony Davis and Kentucky or Zion and Duke. I could go on and on.

Why are you shouting?
Well, I think he hit the Caps Lock for "NCAA" and forgot to turn it off.

Or...
1612039860357.png

It frustrates me that so called long time fans like myself want to take down JB. How ungrateful of some of you.
It isn't a matter of being ungrateful. I guess no successful coach can be replaced in you r book. The man has been the coach for 40+ years. How in the world, even your less than stable world, is it ungrateful to think that it is time for a change? This isn't a guaranteed job for life. I can't think of one that is. the court is named after the guy. are you saying that he should be the coach until he dies if that is his choice? No matter what our record? On a game I was watching today, they talked about the schools as if they were cake. The best are the icing on top. We were no where in the discussion. When is the last time we were? When was our last top 20 season? It has been too long. Even you have to know that.

I don't think they would. These recent teams have definitely been significantly lower quality. But again, I assert that this is due to personnel and decisions with personnel and not with style of play or hoops Xs and Os theory
Cuse teams till 2014.
Always ran transition.
It prevented us from going into long spells against set half court defense.
We don’t run anymore.
We played slower till last year.

We put round pegs into square holes and JB doesn’t change.

You are entitled to your opinion. But I find the style we have been playing boring. I think recruits do as well and that has effected the personal we are getting.

I agree, up until this year. We had what we had, and performed accordingly. Lots of unprecedented challenges that have made things much more difficult this year, but really for the first time I’m questioning the usage of the personnel.

You are entitled to your opinion. But I find the style we have been playing boring. I think recruits do as well and that has effected the personal we are getting.
I hear you. And yet this year and last we've excelled offensively (at least compared to, say, the 5 years prior) and played defense as an afterthought... couldn't one argue this is the dinosaur trying to evolve?

We got railroaded by the sensitive local media who ran to the NCAA. I LOVE LOVE WHEN JB GETS TO PAY THEM BACK WHEN THEY EARN IT AND CALL THEM OUT IN PRESS CONFERENCES FOR DUMB QUESTIONS OR STIRRING THE POT ARTICLES. GOOD FOR JB TO GET THEM BACK.

LOLOL

It isn't a matter of being ungrateful. I guess no successful coach can be replaced in you r book. The man has been the coach for 40+ years. How in the world, even your less than stable world, is it ungrateful to think that it is time for a change? This isn't a guaranteed job for life. I can't think of one that is. the court is named after the guy. are you saying that he should be the coach until he dies if that is his choice? No matter what our record? On a game I was watching today, they talked about the schools as if they were cake. The best are the icing on top. We were no where in the discussion. When is the last time we were? When was our last top 20 season? It has been too long. Even you have to know that.
I was watching Duke-Clemson and they were mentioning how Duke has a lot of games left against good teams...Virginia, FSU, UNC twice. They didn’t mention us. Doesn’t sit right with me.

I was watching Duke-Clemson and they were mentioning how Duke has a lot of games left against good teams...Virginia, FSU, UNC twice. They didn’t mention us. Doesn’t sit right with me.
eh I hear you - but it was within the context of opportunities for resume enhancing wins

eh I hear you - but it was within the context of opportunities for resume enhancing wins
Right. And that we aren’t even a resume enhancing win anymore just sucks. There’s likely not one team in the league that has us circled on the calendar for any reason.

so called? I was a fan 25 years before you were born. And where did I take JB down? I showed the facts when someone said we were railroaded.

Not so you Bees. You weren't taking down JB in your post. Just overall the fanbase which is think is so ungrateful given all JB has done.

Not so you Bees. You weren't taking down JB in your post. Just overall the fanbase which is think is so ungrateful given all JB has done.
Id say you probably owe him a beer at the Carrier Dome, for the misunderstanding.

We got railroaded by the sensitive local media who ran to the NCAA. I LOVE LOVE WHEN JB GETS TO PAY THEM BACK WHEN THEY EARN IT AND CALL THEM OUT IN PRESS CONFERENCES FOR DUMB QUESTIONS OR STIRRING THE POT ARTICLES. GOOD FOR JB TO GET THEM BACK.
Great point. And acting like that has sure helped a lot. It sure has got us a lot of good press nationally. Never double down on dumb and bad behavior. The press buys their ink in gallons and gallons. They will be here long after any of us including JB are gone. I have wondered whether the Post Standard would have gone to the lengths they did if it was coach Mac. Someone that treated them with respect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom