I'm going to Defend JB | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

I'm going to Defend JB

Whether someone thinks SU was hit too hard or too light in 1992 the facts show we certainly weren’t railroaded. Below is a pic of the summary report from the NCAA and also an article that goes through the b-ball related violations of the 42 found across several sports by the NCAA. Most were b-ball.

View attachment 195708

What few here know is that the documentation provided to NCCA to substantiate those violations were in fact provided by Mossad as part of a covert conspiracy to subvert SU's success at that time and to damage the BE as a whole. I could prove that to you, but then I would have to kill you (see my user name as evidence).

Please keep this here...

I don’t know how you can justify defending this man and the current state of program .Do you watch other teams play? We are outclassed. Rutgers is much better team Rutgers how can you live with that?
Just watched FSU lose big to GTech. Are all their whining complaining fans going to burn down Leonard.

see... you make some pretty decent points along the way but then pretty much negate them all with this. real weak
I'll try harder. GTech is considered to be one of the weakest teams in the league.

What few here know is that the documentation provided to NCCA to substantiate those violations were in fact provided by Mossad as part of a covert conspiracy to subvert SU's success at that time and to damage the BE as a whole. I could prove that to you, but then I would have to kill you (see my user name as evidence).

Please keep this here...
Well, at this time that is all public knowledge. except your code name of course.

Reactions: 007
You have it out for Boeheim, so no proof will ever satisfy you. But, here are a couple of glaring inconsistencies: Cam Newton's father was paid $100,000, Cam didn't know so it was ok. UNC ran a shadow curriculum to allow athletes to do nonsense or no work, NCAA, no problem. The spreadsheets the FBI released re damning to a slew of programs, no repercussions. Penn State was aware at the highest of levels what was going on there, horrible stuff, slap in the wrist.
Dasher doesn’t “have it out for Boeheim.” That’s a ridiculous statement and you know it.

Florida State won the ACC reg season last year and ended the season ranked #4
Flordia State went to the ACC champ game, was a 4 seed in the tourney in 2019 and went to the sweet 16
Florida State was 9 seed that went to the elite 8 in 2018.

Comparing them to current day Syracuse is so dumb that it’s embarrassing

CuseRunner can you address my questions above please?

You should know better than to get a direct response from CuseRunner ! He's the king of giving responses that aren't close to answering a question or being relevant to the discussion. He read an entire article about coach succession in another thread and insisted that words that were in the article weren't even there. Crickets when he was called out.

You should know better than to get a direct response from CuseRunner ! He's the king of giving responses that aren't close to answering a question or being relevant to the discussion. He read an entire article about coach succession in another thread and insisted that words that were in the article weren't even there. Crickets when he was called out.
If you think that's bad, try asking him about wading pools.

I'm sure JB was dirty as they come in those days, along with about every other high level coach/program - vast majority of whom NEVER had to answer for any of it. I can only laugh at people still on their vindictive high horses now about JB and that era
The bigger pull was exposure. The Big East and Big Monday dominated.

Early 90’s was all Bill Rapp and the local media (newspaper) exposed it, which is partly the reason why Boeheim is so contentious with them.

Yeah, If I recollect correctly, what started it all was the book "Raw Recruits" by Armen Keteyian (Tiger author). There was a small blurb in the book mentioning Rob Johnson and a Syracuse recruit. The Post Standard got whiff of it and then went 'all in' on producing its expose. At the time, I thought how peculiar it was for the local paper to go on such a quest. I recall many people in the community being taken aback by it, and questioning the Post's motivation. Remember, there wasn't any internet, social media, etc. back them, I don't even think email was a mainstream deal yet. So, the vast majority of people in the local community received their news from local TV, the local paper or both. It wasn't until after the Post's published expose, that the NCAA then had no choice but to investigate. I recall how many wanted to boycott the paper after the Post's publishing, as well as after being hit with the 2 year probation.

We certainly lost recruits as a result, none larger than Donyell Marshall. We practically had him locked up and was ours prior to being hit with probation. In my opinion, the biggest benefactor from our two year probation was UConn. They got Marshall as a result and soon after many other highly regarded recruits. I guess one can argue that our probation played a significant role in commencing the Husky's climb. And, once it started, the train didn't stop for two and a half decades and attaining 4 national championships.

He trusts the young men he brings into his program to behave and act as adults. He's not going to babysit them.
Are you from Mars. He trusted DC Dion Harris Flynn Devo and many others to do the right thing.
NO. Jb was very very smart.

Hear no evil see no evil= know no evil. He and every other major program coach knew exactly what they were doing.

I'd love to hear what extra perks SUNY Potsdam is getting away with. Two fish fillets instead of one at team dinners? Free ice scrapers for their windshields? Larger igloos?
I played. D2 and got some very nice perks cush jobs. 50 bucks here or there very well paying summer jobs. All in all not much but it was huge to me. It goes on and has gone on forever. Whats happening today is out of control.

I played. D2 and got some very nice perks cush jobs. 50 bucks here or there very well paying summer jobs. All in all not much but it was huge to me. It goes on and has gone on forever. Whats happening today is out of control.
They're not even D2.

Yeah, If I recollect correctly, what started it all was the book "Raw Recruits" by Armen Keteyian (Tiger author). There was a small blurb in the book mentioning Rob Johnson and a Syracuse recruit. The Post Standard got whiff of it and then went 'all in' on producing its expose. At the time, I thought how peculiar it was for the local paper to go on such a quest. I recall many people in the community being taken aback by it, and questioning the Post's motivation. Remember, there wasn't any internet, social media, etc. back them, I don't even think email was a mainstream deal yet. So, the vast majority of people in the local community received their news from local TV, the local paper or both. It wasn't until after the Post's published expose, that the NCAA then had no choice but to investigate. I recall how many wanted to boycott the paper after the Post's publishing, as well as after being hit with the 2 year probation.

We certainly lost recruits as a result, none larger than Donyell Marshall. We practically had him locked up and was ours prior to being hit with probation. In my opinion, the biggest benefactor from our two year probation was UConn. They got Marshall as a result and soon after many other highly regarded recruits. I guess one can argue that our probation played a significant role in commencing the Husky's climb. And, once it started, the train didn't stop for two and a half decades and attaining 4 national championships.

Yep think of this: BOTH Donyell and Jalen Rose have said they would have come here if we hadn’t gone on probation. There would not have been a Fab 5 at Michigan (which ironically caused sanctions themselves).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom