I'm pretty confident when I say this | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I'm pretty confident when I say this

Actually, no.

I think you forget one important factor - the teams we have been playing got a head start during the Robinson years and have not stopped recruiting high quality kids.

But but ... we had all those quality coach P kids keeping the cupboard full so that there was no drop off in talent ... which means this dramatic transformation took what a season or two? :rolling:

I think we have the record we deserve. But our team, at their best is better than any other Big East team at their best.

As to OrangePA's statement that Rutgers is better because their players were more highly recurited, that's based on what these kids were in high school. I once asked Jim Boeheim: "If a player at age 25 is an NBA starter, isn't he about 20% of what he will be coming out of high school and about 80% of what he will be coming out of college." He agreed. To assume a team is better because their players were more hgihly recruited is to say that all coaching is is recruiting. The coaches OrangePA respects so much have a much greater impact on the players and the program than that.

And Jim Boeheim won his only NC because every night he had the best player on the floor and most everybody knew that the guy was a dominant player out of HS.

Actually, you forgot three parts of the post regarding Rutgers: (1) they beat us; (2) they are bigger and faster than we are and (3) they are 9-1.

Combining those three facts with the recruiting rankings, I think, pretty much settles the issue.

But but ... we had all those quality coach P kids keeping the cupboard full so that there was no drop off in talent ... which means this dramatic transformation took what a season or two? :rolling:

Actually the "dramatic transformation" took about nine months.

Robinson took a 6-6 bowl team that had a number of future NFL players and with pretty much the same team went 1-10.

Actually the "dramatic transformation" took about nine months.

Robinson took a 6-6 bowl team that had a number of future NFL players and with pretty much the same team went 1-10.

Yep and your boy did such a great job with all that NFL talent ... 51-0 thrashing ... 51-10 thrashing ... you really are delusional aren't you?

LOL ... yep that SEC team that lost to ULM as home. Seriously get over yourself ... they were still playing for their lives when they collided with a bad Auburn program ... do I really need to explain this whole thing to you or are you going to remain ignorant till the day you die?

No, please keep explaining - this is fascinating.

Tell us again why Rutgers is a poor defensive team because they beat Arkansas at Arkansas earlier in the year.

And tell us why we should ignore Rutger's performance on defense against, say, Cincy or its 9-1 record with a mediocre offense.

Please keep enthrall us with intelligence.

Thank you.

And Jim Boeheim won his only NC because every night he had the best player on the floor and most everybody knew that the guy was a dominant player out of HS.

Actually, you forgot three parts of the post regarding Rutgers: (1) they beat us; (2) they are bigger and faster than we are and (3) they are 9-1.

Combining those three facts with the recruiting rankings, I think, pretty much settles the issue.

1) It took some complete flukes for them to beat us in their own stadium ...
2) We nearly doubled them in offensive output winning the battle at the line of scrimmage on both sides ... which further exemplifies the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about.
3) If you want to point at the Bball team understand that we were not the best team in the conference ... UConn owned us ... not always does the best team win it all (we took the title UConn didn't) ... compare the NBA talent on both of the rosters of Cuse and UConn ... once again you are so off base it isn't even funny. I'll tell you what I'll get the board members to take up a collection so we can collectively buy you a clue.

Yep and your boy did such a great job with all that NFL talent ... 51-0 thrashing ... 51-10 thrashing ... you really are delusional aren't you?

Yeah, you're right.

He beat BC, Pitt, UConn, Rutgers - gave FSU everything it could handle - won the BE and went to the Champs Bowl.

Get your thesaurus so you can continue with the name calling - it becomes you.

No, please keep explaining - this is fascinating.

Tell us again why Rutgers is a poor defensive team because they beat Arkansas at Arkansas earlier in the year.

And tell us why we should ignore Rutger's performance on defense against, say, Cincy or its 9-1 record with a mediocre offense.

Please keep enthrall us with intelligence.

Thank you.

Backup QB in Kay who barely played ... played full game against RU ... pretty simple ... Arkansas committed some costly turnovers and handed them the game which is exactly what we did ... not too hard to figure out is it?

Yeah, you're right.

He beat BC, Pitt, UConn, Rutgers - gave FSU everything it could handle - won the BE and went to the Champs Bowl.

Actually I described your mental state ... now if I said jackass that would be calling you a name ... its amazing you can't reach the same conclusion a majority of the people on this board has reached. And remind me what happened in that Champs Bowl against a meddling middle of the pack ACC squad ... I still haven't counted all the touchdowns they put up that night.

Yeah, you're right.

Oh and winning a conference with a 6-6 record tells you how bad that conference was that season ... LOL you really know how to put a shine on things. But please remind me what was RU's record that season ... I forgot ... 4-7 what a juggernaut!!!

You lose all credibility within your argument with the continued use of this line. It simply isn't true...SU is the most physical team in the BE.

You lose all credibility with your argument with the continued use of this line. It simply isn't true...SU is the most physical team in the BE.

You are assuming he had credibility to start with ... I'm fed up with the his shtick of SU being untalented relative to our peers ... all you need to do is go back and look at the thread prior to the UConn game and how we were peers in talent and that they would give us a game and possibly beat us ... thank god he isn't a talent scout for SU or we would really be screwed.

1) It took some complete flukes for them to beat us in their own stadium ...
2) We nearly doubled them in offensive output winning the battle at the line of scrimmage on both sides ... which further exemplifies the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about.
3) If you want to point at the Bball team understand that we were not the best team in the conference ... UConn owned us ... not always does the best team win it all (we took the title UConn didn't) ... compare the NBA talent on both of the rosters of Cuse and UConn ... once again you are so off base it isn't even funny. I'll tell you what I'll get the board members to take up a collection so we can collectively buy you a clue.

Repeat after me "Boeheim had the best player on the court every night."

And if you think the Orange dominated the LOS against Rutgers, you need to watch the tape again.

It has been fun but I don't have time to interact with you anymore. Have a nice Sunday.

And if you think the Orange dominated the LOS against Rutgers, you need to watch the tape again.

It has been fun but I don't have time to interact with you anymore. Have a nice Sunday.

Yep 400+ yards to 250+ yep we got manhandled ... how did JJ look toting the football ... that is what I thought ...

I'm glad a 2.0 ypc is dominating by the way ... I guess the 4.5 the Cuse averaged is putrid ... what is this golf and lowest score wins?

You lose all credibility within your argument with the continued use of this line. It simply isn't true...SU is the most physical team in the BE.

I try to go by what I see.

I was there - I was close to the action that day - I saw Rutgers muscle us.

The Knights caused us to fumble two times. The Knights caused two INTs. They sacked Nassib three times. And they busted our line and blocked a FG for a TD.

We did not get in INT. We did not get a fumble. We did not get a sack.

We ran for 62 yards that day.

The Knights muscled us - played it close to the vest on offense and won the game in my opinion pretty comfortably.

As I have observed before there is this Rutgers Myopia that dominates this board. Very interesting.

The Knights caused us to fumble two times. The Knights caused two INTs. They sacked Nassib three times. And they busted our line and blocked a FG for a TD.

The Knights muscled us - played it close to the vest on offense and won the game in my opinion pretty comfortably.

As I have observed before there is this Rutgers Myopia that dominates this board. Very interesting.

They averaged 2 yards a carry ... did you read that ... 2 ... 2 yards per carry ... it literally took 4 turnovers for them to beat us ... and a blocked FG ... and one of those INTs weren't because of pressure at all ... it was a WR tipped ball. Look your man crush for RU is cute but its gotten old. They were not superior on either side of the ball. And while you sat in the stands I was able to watch the game live with in close looks and replays to benefit from. Again just glad you aren't a scout ... you missed a lot in the stands that is all I know for sure. Stats don't lie we pushed them around. We averaged 4.5 ypc and frankly in my opinion prematurely abandoned the run on a handful of drives. We beat ourselves not the other way around.

And if you wish to play the numbers game we had more TFL ... Sharpe had 2.5 alone ... to RU's 6. But whatever ... its obvious you are going to continue down this road because it suits you.

This kind of banter reminds me of a that kid taking his ball and going home because he's losing. FWIW, anyone who has as many posts as you do has more than ample enough time on their hands. But, go ahead and just take your ball. ;)

if you out gain a team by 200, commit 4 to's , have a kick blocked because the oline falls down and it turns into a td, miss another FG, commit twice as many penalties, have a several replay reviews totally blown, and still have a chance to win with the ball late you couldn't have been dominated too much. Thats a one-two play difference in the end and it took all ten of those things to get rutgers into the lead.

you need to give rutgers credit for managing to win so many games this way, so something is working.

We are the best team in the BE.
Not sure about that but they are in the discussion. WHAT can be put to rest is that SU's talent level is on par with EVERY SCHOOL in the Big East! Anyone who still thinks SU has inferior overall talent to the likes of Rutgers, Cincy, L'ville, South Florida...etc is lost and fooling themselves!!

it is precisely that arrogance through the years that has contributed to the ru rise and our downfall. living in the past and ignoring the progress of schools outside the city limits.every thread about ru gets very immature and complete denial for 10 pages that they are not our equal nor a rival. if not a rival,why 10 pages worth of venom. if they go to the big 10,as i have and some others have predicted for some time, i will have a lot to say because of my disappointment and anger at the many ostriches that have had their head in the sand for more than 10 yrs re ru .denial is more than a river in egypt,it flows down salina st,erie blvd,eastwood etc.

What the hell are you talking about? ROTFLMFAO.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

They averaged 2 yards a carry ... did you read that ... 2 ... 2 yards per carry ... it literally took 4 turnovers for them to beat us ... and a blocked FG ... and one of those INTs weren't because of pressure at all ... it was a WR tipped ball. Look your man crush for RU is cute but its gotten old. They were not superior on either side of the ball. And while you sat in the stands I was able to watch the game live with in close looks and replays to benefit from. Again just glad you aren't a scout ... you missed a lot in the stands that is all I know for sure. Stats don't lie we pushed them around. We averaged 4.5 ypc and frankly in my opinion prematurely abandoned the run on a handful of drives. We beat ourselves not the other way around.

I was impressed with how they got Pugh to slip and fall leading to the blocked FG.

We are the best team in the BE.

A major difference between basketball and football. A basketball team that makes great improvement through the course of a season can demonstrate it in the tournament. A football team that does the same cannot.

We certainly weren't the best two months ago. We were merely a team showing flashes of potential negated by an abundance of mistakes. I think we are now.

This kind of banter reminds me of a that kid taking his ball and going home because he's losing. FWIW, anyone who has as many posts as you do has more than ample enough time on their hands. But, go ahead and just take your ball. ;)

At least he had enough sense to go home ... the fact that he even keeps up the same mantra just baffles me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom