I'm pretty confident when I say this | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I'm pretty confident when I say this

And Jim Boeheim won his only NC because every night he had the best player on the floor and most everybody knew that the guy was a dominant player out of HS.

Actually, you forgot three parts of the post regarding Rutgers: (1) they beat us; (2) they are bigger and faster than we are and (3) they are 9-1.

Combining those three facts with the recruiting rankings, I think, pretty much settles the issue.

Carmelo didn't win that title alone and who is to say that he didn't learn a thing or two here? Jim's other teams have been pretty good, too. You continue to insist that coaches just recruit players, not develop them.

And how did we outgain the "bigger and faster" Rutgers team by 418-237?

What the hell are you talking about? ROTFLMFAO.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
the arrogance we are the best team in the big east, we beat mizzou so what. re-read my post and apply it to what you have said over the years re ru and try to think about it a LITTLE DEEPER.your arrogance re. su glory . you laugh all you want, the reality is what it is, ru surpassed us while you spent your energy denying they had any credibility,and continue to do so. i,sir laugh at you,and your ignor...,re the landscape of college football and the distorted view of syracuse and others. i do not laugh at you after all, it is in reality pathetic.

the arrogance we are the best team in the big east, we beat mizzou so what. re-read my post and apply it to what you have said over the years re ru and try to think about it a LITTLE DEEPER.your arrogance re. su glory . you laugh all you want, the reality is what it is, ru surpassed us while you spent your energy denying they had any credibility,and continue to do so. i,sir laugh at you,and your ignor...,re the landscape of college football and the distorted view of syracuse and others. i do not laugh at you after all, it is in reality pathetic.
Some proper writing skills and grammar would be appreciated. Yikes.

Also, surpassed? Let's not overstate anything. Have they improved and gained ground, sure I'll give you that.

I try to go by what I see.

I was there - I was close to the action that day - I saw Rutgers muscle us.

The Knights caused us to fumble two times. The Knights caused two INTs. They sacked Nassib three times. And they busted our line and blocked a FG for a TD.

We did not get in INT. We did not get a fumble. We did not get a sack.

We ran for 62 yards that day.

The Knights muscled us - played it close to the vest on offense and won the game in my opinion pretty comfortably.

As I have observed before there is this Rutgers Myopia that dominates this board. Very interesting.

Don't try to reason with some of the people here about the big "R" word. Some get their panties in a bunch.

9-1. They beat us. Let's try to think about this from the other side. If we were 9-1, beat rutgers via forcing turnovers and solid special teams, and rutgers at 6-5 started a thread like this, how would people here react?

What makes this gibberish so funny, as well as your other post, is that it has NOTHING to do with my point.

ROTFLMFAO.

I tend to side with the "we are who our record says we are" philosophy. BUT - that assumes equal opponents and strength of schedule. I don't think they are 9-1 with our schedule. They lost to Kent State!!! Our worst loss is Minn.

Also, if you are saying who the best is right now? It's a moot point, but I think it's us.

How sweet would it be if we were in divisions and played a conference championship? I'd love another shot at them.

Don't try to reason with some of the people here about the big "R" word. Some get their panties in a bunch.

9-1. They beat us. Let's try to think about this from the other side. If we were 9-1, beat rutgers via forcing turnovers and solid special teams, and rutgers at 6-5 started a thread like this, how would people here react?

With their schedule chances are we are 9-1 ... but SOS doesn't mean anything does it?

FWIW their SOS is 116
SU's is 48 ... but hey they are 9-1 with a schedule better than only 8 other teams in D1 football ... what a crock of *&^%

Not sure about that but they are in the discussion. WHAT can be put to rest is that SU's talent level is on par with EVERY SCHOOL in the Big East! OrangePa who still thinks SU has inferior overall talent to the likes of Rutgers, Cincy, L'ville, South Florida...etc is lost and fooling himself!!
Fixed

it is precisely that arrogance through the years that has contributed to the ru rise and our downfall. living in the past and ignoring the progress of schools outside the city limits.every thread about ru gets very immature and complete denial for 10 pages that they are not our equal nor a rival. if not a rival,why 10 pages worth of venom. if they go to the big 10,as i have and some others have predicted for some time, i will have a lot to say because of my disappointment and anger at the many ostriches that have had their head in the sand for more than 10 yrs re ru .denial is more than a river in egypt,it flows down salina st,erie blvd,eastwood etc.
So SU fans caused RU to get better by thinking we were better than them 10 years ago?

Or did you mean Bees specifically?

I think OPA is 100% correct here, Rutgers is a better team right now. They beat us on the field. Cinci beat us on the field, sure there were some bad calls but their offense took it to us and Cinci could not do a damn think versus Rutgers, style points aside. Sure, we we have come a long ways and I love this team but I don't think right now we are the best team in the conference. Build facilities, invest in the product, recruit, recruit, recruit and we will get there. Buisness Plan isn't that complecated.

Would you rather be 9-1 or 6-5... Pretty clear to me. Schedule is schedule... Syracuse needs to beat Temple, win the bowl game and keep building. There are no short cuts to long term success.

I love the debate anbd everybody is entitled to their own opinion... Like I said, keep building and recruiting and feed the machine with plenty of green, we will get there but Rutgers is undefeated in the Big East at this point, should they lose the next two then we can continue the debate. I know the conversation is right now but just my opinion

I think OPA is 100% correct here, Rutgers is a better team right now. They beat us on the field. Cinci beat us on the field, sure there were some bad calls but their offense took it to us and Cinci could not do a damn think versus Rutgers, style points aside. Sure, we we have come a long ways and I love this team but I don't think right now we are the best team in the conference. Build facilities, invest in the product, recruit, recruit, recruit and we will get there. Buisness Plan isn't that complecated.

Would you rather be 9-1 or 6-5... Pretty clear to me. Schedule is schedule... Syracuse needs to beat Temple, win the bowl game and keep building. There are no short cuts to long term success.

I love the debate anbd everybody is entitled to their own opinion... Like I said, keep building and recruiting and feed the machine with plenty of green, we will get there

You do realize Cincy played the entire RU game with their 3rd string QB right? Changes everything ... frankly OPA is so far off the mark it would make ones head spin. If RU is so much better how did we literally double their offensive output? We turned the ball over 4 times and lost by only 1 score ... seriously? One of those fumbles was very questionable aside from the other calls throughout the game and of course don't even get me started on the Cincy screwjob. Sorry but padding your schedule to the point that your SOS is 116 and winning 9 games is smoke and mirrors ... what they have benefited from is a god awful schedule and a whole lot of breaks, that is what separates them from SU.

With their schedule chances are we are 9-1 ... but SOS doesn't mean anything does it?

FWIW their SOS is 116
SU's is 48 ... but hey they are 9-1 with a schedule better than only 8 other teams in D1 football ... what a crock of *&^%

I'm still trying to figure out why SU's SOS is only 48, funny how road games don't count in the super small sample study that is college football but yet in the sport where there is an actual playoff it does count.

I'm still trying to figure out why SU's SOS is only 48, funny how road games don't count in the super small sample study that is college football but yet in the sport where there is an actual playoff it does count.

I'm not quite sure how that factors in ... I can say that our conference is very weak and that drags our SOS down ... with our OOC and if we were in the ACC we would easily be in the 20s in SOS ... at least that is my hypothesis anyway ... next season the bar is raised.

You do realize Cincy played the entire RU game with their 3rd string QB right? Changes everything ... frankly OPA is so far off the mark it would make ones head spin. If RU is so much better how did we literally double their offensive output? We turned the ball over 4 times and lost by only 1 score ... seriously? One of those fumbles was very questionable aside from the other calls throughout the game and of course don't even get me started on the Cincy screwjob. Sorry but padding your schedule to the point that your SOS is 116 and winning 9 games is smoke and mirrors ... what they have benefited from is a god awful schedule and a whole lot of breaks, that is what separates them from SU.

Those breaks are created by an exceptional defense and agressive special teams that forces the opponents hand and makes the opposition uncomfortable trying to play their game. You people forget that the other team is trying to win games. Good offense in college will make you competitive and elite defense in college football or should I say a very opportunistic defense in college football can win games for you and a lot of games. Rutgers is better than Syracuse, why do I think that? They are undefeated in the Big east and they beat Syracuse head to head! Imagine that. wow!

If you asked somebody who is knowledgable about Big east football but not a fan of Syracuse or Rutgers, what answer do you think most people would give when asked if Syracuse or Rutgers is a better team? I love homers but you guys are getting carried away here

I'm not quite sure how that factors in ... I can say that our conference is very weak and that drags our SOS down ... with our OOC and if we were in the ACC we would easily be in the 20s in SOS ... at least that is my hypothesis anyway ... next season the bar is raised.

I agree with you that the big east isn't strong but on the other hand SU may be the only team in the country that didn't play an 8 loss or more team depending on USF does. No breathers...it just seems to me that playing a 10 win team sends it skyrocketing while an overall hard consistent many road games does literally nothing. We beat Louisville they only have one loss and we get no credit for a win over a top 30 team why? They drop out of the top 30 and with only one loss. It's so rigged and the SEC and Big 12 play it like the finest of violins.

Those breaks are created by an exceptional defense and agressive special teams that forces the opponents hand and makes the opposition uncomfortable trying to play their game. You people forget that the other team is trying to win games. Good offense in college will make you competitive and elite defense in college football or should I say a very opportunistic defense in college football can win games for you and a lot of games. Rutgers is better than Syracuse, why do I think that? They are undefeated in the Big east and they beat Syracuse head to head! Imagine that. wow!

If you asked somebody who is knowledgable about Big east football but not a fan of Syracuse or Rutgers, what answer do you think most people would give when asked if Syracuse or Rutgers is a better team? I love homers but you guys are getting carried away here

Yeah I concede it to rutty, they won head to head and have a better conference record. The calls in the game were a bit funky but it is what it is.

If Pugh doesn't literally slip and fall during that FG attempt (which exactly what he said happened) SU still wins that game inspite of the turnovers (10 point swing) ... piss poor officiating and stupid penalties in RU's own house ... a team that gives up 400+ yards to another team that commits four turnovers ending 4 drives is not an elite defense ... is Auburn an elite defense? They held Arkansas to 350 total yards ... the same Arkansas that ran up 500+ yards on RU ...

Put RU and SU on a neutral field with non-BE refs and see what happens. Elite my a&*

I agree with you that the big east isn't strong but on the other hand SU may be the only team in the country that didn't play an 8 loss or more team depending on USF does. No breathers...it just seems to me that playing a 10 win team sends it skyrocketing while an overall hard consistent many road games does literally nothing. We beat Louisville they only have one loss and we get no credit for a win over a top 30 team why? They drop out of the top 30 and with only one loss. It's so rigged and the SEC and Big 12 play it like the finest of violins.

The fundamental flaw in that is who their opponents have played. Many BE foes (ahem RU) have an SOS of 116 because they schedule cupcakes ... LVille does the same thing. That is what hurts SU the most ...

The fundamental flaw in that is who their opponents have played. Many BE foes (ahem RU) have an SOS of 116 because they schedule cupcakes ... LVille does the same thing. That is what hurts SU the most ...

Oh I agree 100% and this is a huge reason why I'd rather have SU downgrade their schedule. I'm not into being the stat or moral victory guy. Rutgers OOC schedules are absolutely terrible as is Louisville and Cincy and the ruttys were by far the worst.

Syracuse vs rutgirls tomorrow. Who wins?

Oh I agree 100% and this is a huge reason why I'd rather have SU downgrade their schedule. I'm not into being the stat or moral victory guy. Rutgers OOC schedules are absolutely terrible as is Louisville and Cincy and the ruttys were by far the worst.

This the reason why even an undefeated team in the BE would never sniff the top 5 ... ever since Va Tech and Miami left town this league has no clout ... and the scheduling tactics of the Piscataway Paper Tigers and teams of the like will ensure the conference of the same fate year after year.

This the reason why even an undefeated team in the BE would never sniff the top 5 ... ever since Va Tech and Miami left town this league has no clout ... and the scheduling tactics of the Piscataway Paper Tigers and teams of the like will ensure the conference of the same fate year after year.

VT always scheduled like a wuss as well when they were in the big east but yeah, it hurt losing them and Miami even though even then the big east got no respect. I have to say though our crappy teams are usually better than a lot of conferences crappy teams!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom