I'm pretty confident when I say this | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I'm pretty confident when I say this

VT always scheduled like a wuss as well when they were in the big east but yeah, it hurt losing them and Miami even though even then the big east got no respect. I have to say though our crappy teams are usually better than a lot of conferences crappy teams!

Actually VT had some very good SOS numbers during their BE stay ... in 99 they played 5 ranked teams on the way to meet FSU in the Sugar Bowl ... two ACC teams in the regular season OOC.

Actually VT had some very good SOS numbers during their BE stay ... in 99 they played 5 ranked teams on the way to meet FSU in the Sugar Bowl ... two ACC teams in the regular season OOC.

Really, I must have missed that because I remember the experts telling me other wise. ;)

Really, I must have missed that because I remember the experts telling me other wise. ;)

LOL ... well its true they did ... at times they played their fair share of cupcakes but LVille and RU are the only AQs to my knowledge with an SOS that hits triple digits this season ... and no I am not joking.

This thread is crazy. Let me throw my opinion into this fire. I think we are one of the hottest teams in the Big East right now, along with Rutgers, can't discredit them for getting wins where we couldn't. A few weeks ago if you asked me if we played them again, would the result be different I would say no, but now our team looks different from the time we played them. The special teams isn't great, but at the same time its not killing us like it was early in the season. The offense has finally found its stride in the passing and running game. All of these things have just started to explode for us within recent weeks. We are a close 2nd, just based on the way we are closing out the season, just hope we can keep trending in the right direction.

I am just happy to see where I thought this team was (5-7) was wrong, this season has been one of hope. I respect what Rutgers has done, so many people were laughing when their fans kept mentioning being rumored for the big 10. They must be doing something right.

Cuse ... on a neutral site ... by double digits.

Agree. And that's my point. Others took this thread elsewhere.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

To me Bees that is the beauty part of college football is that there are no rematches...you get one shot and that's it. ;)

But but but ... they were more physical when racking up that nearly 200 yard deficit in total yards while averaging 2 ypc ... for crying out loud Pugh had only been back for 1 game before they played RU. If they played them again they'd punch them in the mouth and take their lunch money. Frankly I'd love to go against Cincy on a neutral field with that same 3rd string QB they had against RU for an entire game ... that must be how RU creates their "breaks" ... They just let SU maul the opposing QBs a week or two in advance :)

To me Bees that is the beauty part of college football is that there are no rematches...you get one shot and that's it. ;)

Explain that to LSU and Bama

Yeah that's why I winked...god I hated that rematch.

I loved it ... I follow Bama relatively closely ... a lot of my friends down here are either Bama, UGA or Auburn guys although I do put up with quite a bit of the Florida crowd too ...

I loved it ... I follow Bama relatively closely ... a lot of my friends down here are either Bama, UGA or Auburn guys although I do put up with quite a bit of the Florida crowd too ...

I think OSU got screwed.

I think OSU got screwed.

I don't OSU beats either of them ... they got all they could handle from Stanford which made for a great game. The line play in the SEC is what sets them apart from a lot of the other BCS conferences ... if that ever leveled out it would be a different story ...

I don't OSU beats either of them ... they got all they could handle from Stanford which made for a great game. The line play in the SEC is what sets them apart from a lot of the other BCS conferences ... if that ever leveled out it would be a different story ...

If they beat them or not isn't the point, the SEC gets selected and OKS had a better resume than Bama plus the fact Bama already lost to LSU at home.

If they beat them or not isn't the point, the SEC gets selected and OKS had a better resume than Bama plus the fact Bama already lost to LSU at home.

They lose to the #1 team at home by a FG in OT ... they played 6 ranked teams that season ... OSU 5 ... they were pretty even really ... had they not blown the ISU game it would have definitely been LSU/OSU

So SU fans caused RU to get better by thinking we were better than them 10 years ago?

Or did you mean Bees specifically?
vast majority on this board,but not all.orangepa has taken a good bit of heat

What makes this gibberish so funny, as well as your other post, is that it has NOTHING to do with my point.

ROTFLMFAO.

your point is arrogance, and nothing more, laugh all you want----your r hx. speaks to your alleged point

that would be me---disgusted with the blind su stuff--i have been a fan forever, but am totally aware of external impact which you seem to be devoid of. do you think that ben would have been so short sighted when it came to facilities and recruiting?it pays to know who your enemies are----and you have never admitted who they are,although you are aware and will not admit same, and WORSE YET--- they just might be in the BIG 10. but again this appears to mean nothing to you. you don't get it---never will--as for the grammar and punctuation of my posts you are correct---its sucks. its better to know your enemy and attack rather than deny they are there and rest on your laurels---which you do.

that would be me---disgusted with the blind su stuff--i have been a fan forever, but am totally aware of external impact which you seem to be devoid of. do you think that ben would have been so short sighted when it came to facilities and recruiting?it pays to know who your enemies are----and you have never admitted who they are,although you are aware and will not admit same, and WORSE YET--- they just might be in the BIG 10. but again this appears to mean nothing to you. you don't get it---never will--as for the grammar and punctuation of my posts you are correct---its sucks. its better to know your enemy and attack rather than deny they are there and rest on your laurels---which you do.

Ok ... if RU and SU played tomorrow at a neutral site all things being equal who would you pick to win?

What are you talking about??? I'm not talking about any of that.

PS: I never mentioned your grammar and punctuation.

your point is arrogance, and nothing more, laugh all you want----your r hx. speaks to your alleged point

Rutgers is getting picked because they are an even number and all the better options said no.

What are you talking about??? I'm not talking about any of that.

PS: I never mentioned your grammar and punctuation.
Tipp has always been one of the more negative posters... which is his right and I accept. Recently, however, his posts have taken on a completely different, dare I say it, almost delusional tone. Maybe he needs his meds re-calibrated.

Rutgers is getting picked because they are an even number and all the better options said no.

This^^^^^ I would add that they are also located in the population footprint where the BiG is looking to expand.

and your point is what???su was picked for the same reason and hoops

Tipp has always been one of the more negative posters... which is his right and I accept. Recently, however, his posts have taken on a completely different, dare I say it, almost delusional tone. Maybe he needs his meds re-calibrated.
negative maybe, delusional no. have cared about su for years, cannot stand the thinking that has no basis in outcomes. my negativity comes from the fact that su fans do not realize what has transpired and the failure to keep up with the times. that said, we need to to stop living in the past and attack the future , which i believe that hcdm is doing---i resent the reliance of the past to the opportunity for the PRESENT AND THE FUTURE---the past has contributed to the arrogance of ignoring what is transpiring,rather than a proactive response to same.i bleed orange, to be redundant, and feel that those that do not see the forest through the trees to be detrimental to program growth, and denial of what is the reality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom