Indoor Facility Update | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Indoor Facility Update

I wouldn't call people that disagree with your thoughts on this "whining." We definitely need to upgrade the medical facilities ASAP as well.

Im sure medical but was talking in general using examples. The point is, if we are only building a practice field, then that means everything else stays as is. And it's not just my opinion as Shafer specifically talked about the other facets and how great they were. I was just up there a few weeks ago and don't see what all the hair pulling is about. Some really cool stuff.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Im sure medical but was talking in general using examples. The point is, if we are only building a practice field, then that means everything else stays as is. And it's not just my opinion as Shafer specifically talked about the other facets and how great they were. I was just up there a few weeks ago and don't see what all the hair pulling is about. Some really cool stuff.

When I walked down the new football entrance/hallway/shrine, it gave me the chills. It was pretty bad ass.

I wouldn't call people that disagree with your thoughts on this "whining." We definitely need to upgrade the medical facilities ASAP as well.

This

When I walked down the new football entrance/hallway/shrine, it gave me the chills. It was pretty bad ass.

it would be pretty cool if they had a 360 virtual tour so everyone can see the upgrades. most of the other school websites have them. a lot of people who haven't seem then don't realize just how nice it looks now. hey you spent a bunch of money on it, mine as well show it off.

A bathroom yes. A lockeroom no.

Was referring to the toilets, that's why I said potty. Sorry, should have been clearer.

The shower situation may be causing an issue in that regard. No need for a full size locker room though unless another regulation is requiring it - maybe the University wants it there in case the hold other events while the football team is away (HS stuff, clinics, etc)?

Yep. And the other areas are pretty nice too. Even our HC has said so. But even after the upgrades, we had many here complaining about all the facilities. I don't think many of them have even been in any of the facilities.

Yep. And the other areas are pretty nice too. Even our HC has said so. But even after the upgrades, we had many here complaining about all the facilities. I don't think many of them have even been in any of the facilities.

Which is why SUA should post videos of these upgrades for recruits/fans to see. Our Ath Dept is poor at communicating this type of stuff.

As told today at the hoops game, they will announce the IPF on Tuesday. Now all they have to do is raise the money.

Which is why SUA should post videos of these upgrades for recruits/fans to see. Our Ath Dept is poor at communicating this type of stuff.

I agree but su is bad in a lot of areas like that. I don't know who posted them but I've seen some photos here. Recruits will see them in visits. The fans, who cares.

What is our brand new coach supposed to say, the facilities have gone from complete dogshite to slightly below average? I think those who think the facilities are top notch vs other BCS programs have never been in any other facilities.

Now, I will be finished playing devil's advocate to your devil's advocate. When all is said and done, our facilities will be middle of the road for the BCS. Nothing worse, nothing better. The best part of this is that it will no longer need to be hidden from recruits, no longer be a easy picking for negative recruiting, and no longer be a hinderance to player development and well being.

My guess is that in the next decade we will see the University build an entire new stadium for basketball and football. I had the luxury of having club passes for the SU Pitt game at the Pete. Very cool venue and the club area is a giant revenue producer for the university.

What is our brand new coach supposed to say, the facilities have gone from complete dogshite to slightly below average? I think those who think the facilities are top notch vs other BCS programs have never been in any other facilities.

Now, I will be finished playing devil's advocate to your devil's advocate. When all is said and done, our facilities will be middle of the road for the BCS. Nothing worse, nothing better. The best part of this is that it will no longer need to be hidden from recruits, no longer be a easy picking for negative recruiting, and no longer be a hinderance to player development and well being.

My guess is that in the next decade we will see the University build an entire new stadium for basketball and football. I had the luxury of having club passes for the SU Pitt game at the Pete. Very cool venue and the club area is a giant revenue producer for the university.

Not really all the hard to understand. No one here is advocating cutting edge best in breed, just stop being way behind.

it would be pretty cool if they had a 360 virtual tour so everyone can see the upgrades. most of the other school websites have them. a lot of people who haven't seem then don't realize just how nice it looks now. hey you spent a bunch of money on it, mine as well show it off.

Really wouldn't be that hard to do either. Le Moyne used Google's new Google Business program to provide virtual tours of some of the new (and old) facilities on campus. It's a really cool and easy thing to use:

http://www.lemoyne.edu/LeMoyne101/LeMoyneVirtualTour/DiningCenter/tabid/3119/Default.aspx

Fact is nobody here ever said they were top notch. Its also fact that some did say they were among the worst and some high schools had better.

A mere $5m did wonders.

As to Shafer, nobody asked him, so he didnt have to say anything. But he gushed.

Middle of the pack isn't bad for a private school of our size.

It will be much better than middle of the pack

Once again, here is the facebook page I set up to get people to donate to the football program. http://www.facebook.com/#!/SyracuseUniversity44ForFootball. It is not for donating through that site, but to provide info on where to donate, and to provide updates about the program and the facilities. I have put instructions on the site as how to donate.
I also had presented a donation program to the athletic department called "44 for football" I have written about it on here many times. I think the University should use social media like my facebook page (which I would be willing to share with them), and forums like this to further their fundraising efforts. What "44 for football" does is not only provide fundraising, but builds a brand around the legend of the number "44". They could do 44 for football bumper stickers, t-shirts, etc. all to build football hype. I've discussed this plan on here many times. The concept is to donate some amount with the number "44" in it. For those who do not have a lot of money they could donate $44. Lots of $44s add up. And so on $144, $440, $4,400, $44,000 etc. This could be done primarily through social media, the athletic web site etc.
Either way, I started donating $44s this year. I sent in $44 9 times. The first was done throught the general university donation site, with a note to put it towards athletic football use. But I did not trust that, so I mailed a check for 8 x $44 at the end of the season directly to the football program at Manley. This was for each of our 8 wins. This way I am sure it went to the right area. As a matter of fact I received 2 thank yous from appropriate people in the athletic dept.
I am doing this only because I grew up thru the 1960s on Syracuse football as a child of a 1949 Syracuse alumni and went to every game when I was a Syracuse student from 1972-1976. I want the program to return to prominence, or I should say continue building on the prominence we attained this season. I also have not been a consistent donor, and have not ever been approached to donate before. I really am not in good financial shape, but can always find $44 to spare here and there.

Fact is nobody here ever said they were top notch. Its also fact that some did say they were among the worst and some high schools had better.

A mere $5m did wonders.

As to Shafer, nobody asked him, so he didnt have to say anything. But he gushed.

Question for you. I have seen you mention multiple times that in the next 10 years the University will be building a new stadium. Now CIL just said the same thing. I swear you have said before that it will be an outdoor stadium, so I take that to mean they would build a basketball and football stadium? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I wonder what the seating capacity would be if they did make a separate basketball stadium? I was at The Pete two weeks ago and that was a really cool place but it only seats 12,000 people. Thats not nearly enough for Syracuse Basketball. It would definitely be nice to put the Students around and closer to the court however, they definitely bring the most energy to the games.

Question for you. I have seen you mention multiple times that in the next 10 years the University will be building a new stadium. Now CIL just said the same thing. I swear you have said before that it will be an outdoor stadium, so I take that to mean they would build a basketball and football stadium? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I wonder what the seating capacity would be if they did make a separate basketball stadium? I was at The Pete two weeks ago and that was a really cool place but it only seats 12,000 people. Thats not nearly enough for Syracuse Basketball. It would definitely be nice to put the Students around and closer to the court however, they definitely bring the most energy to the games.

I've said for years they will eventually end up on South campus. I still believe that to be true. I've heard mention of another 5-10 years. As to basketball, I believe it would be a separate facility seating 24-25k.

An outdoor stadium would be a mistake of colossal proportions for recruiting.

This point always makes me shake my head. While I'm sure the facility will be nice, sounds like more of a bandaid than anything else. They should, IMO, go all out on this thing.

Never has support for the facility been as great as it is now. Opportunity cost of tossing another $10 million at the IPF to make it completely stay of the art would make it a REASON kids come here, vs a reason they won't not come here.

We would never tell our kids that a B in school is good enough. Why would we be ok with half-assing a facility?!?!

This point always makes me shake my head. While I'm sure the facility will be nice, sounds like more of a bandaid than anything else. They should, IMO, go all out on this thing.

Never has support for the facility been as great as it is now. Opportunity cost of tossing another $10 million at the IPF to make it completely stay of the art would make it a REASON kids come here, vs a reason they won't not come here.

We would never tell our kids that a B in school is good enough. Why would we be ok with half-assing a facility?!?!

Why would it be half ass?

This is just yack by people who have no clue. The University is far too smart to build an outdoor stadium unlike those who never had the "pleasure" of enduring a game in the rain/snow in November in Archbold.

This is just yack by people who have no clue. The University is far too smart to build an outdoor stadium unlike those who never had the "pleasure" of enduring a game in the rain/snow in November in Archbold.

I think it could be a retractable roof. But we'll see.

If Minnesota of all places can have a nice outdoor stadium, along with almost every other northeast school , why can't we? You have what at most 1, maybe 2 November games? Football is meant to be played outside. Just look at all playoff nfl football. The pinstripe bowl was played in the cold and the snow and I didn't see the big deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom