Interesting Quote from the Coaches Show | Syracusefan.com

Interesting Quote from the Coaches Show

Orangemen

All Conference
(With many thanks to SWC75)

"JB found “no positives” to playing without Fab. “Rakeem and Baye played a little more but that’s insignificant compared to what we lost.”"

I bolded the interesting statement.

What did we really lose? Technically, we lost a game to ND. But the reality is that game will be meaningless from a seeding perspective, as we were not a full team.

We also lost the #1 ranking, but after 6 weeks, who really cares?

One significant thing that many here thought we did lose we a shot at an undefeated season. That idea got a lot of traction on this board, and even got some play nationally.

Is it possible that JB even thought this outcome was in the cards? I know he poo-poo'ed it when it was brought up on his show, but this comment makes me question that stance.

"JB found “no positives” to playing without Fab. “Rakeem and Baye played a little more but that’s insignificant compared to what we lost.”"

What did we really lose? Technically, we lost a game to ND. But the reality is that game will be meaningless from a seeding perspective, as we were not a full team.

One significant thing that many here thought we did lose we a shot at an undefeated season. That idea got a lot of traction on this board, and even got some play nationally.

Is it possible that JB even thought this outcome was in the cards? I know he poo-poo'ed it when it was brought up on his show, but this comment makes me question that stance.

Hes not talking about a game that we lost, hes talking about losing what fab brought to the table. Rak and baye playing more minutes didnt make up for the blocks, rebounds, etc that we lost with fab out.

I think he meant in terms of losing Fab outweighing the bebefit of increased playing time for Rak & Baye

hey Corduroy...I'm now going to the game tomorrow (getting a ticket from RF's father)...you gonna be at the Blarney? I'm a big Pearl Jam fan too, so it would be cool to meet up. I should be at the Blarney by about 11 at the latest.

what he lost was 3 games - 10% of the regular season - worth of development of Fab. If SU is going to make a deep run, it needs Fab to become more of an offensive threat. JB had been running more and more plays for him, but now he has not only lost that preparation, but Fab may have regressed a little bit,too.

hey Corduroy...I'm now going to the game tomorrow (getting a ticket from RF's father)...you gonna be at the Blarney? I'm a big Pearl Jam fan too, so it would be cool to meet up. I should be at the Blarney by about 11 at the latest.

haha i just responded to your other thread about the pins. yea ill be there. we need to rope off a section of the bar for this board so i know where to go.

JB also said that Fab lost 4 day of practice and it takes big men longer to get their legs back after an extended absence. It's not just that he didn't play but it also may have stunted his development some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom