Is it next season yet? | Syracusefan.com

Is it next season yet?

pearl31

in cahoots
I'm pretty much done with this year's team. Probably the most frustrating and unenjoyable Syracuse team I've ever had the (dis)pleasure of watching.
Oh Lord

Seriously. I wish I could be optimistic about this team. But I can't.

pearl31 said:
Seriously. I wish I could be optimistic about this team. But I can't.

Smoke and mirrors.

Amazing they've won 14 games considering all their warts.

This team is a nice assemblage of athletes, but one that features about 1 1/2 impressive basketball players.

JB teams have always struggled to inbound the ball against full court pressure.

It's a tradition...and then missing free throws.

that display of FT shooting in the final 5 minutes was... legendary

Come on Pearl, I count on you to be a source of optimism.

This team has all of 8 scholarship players available to them. (For reference, BC played 9 guys today - they played more guys than SU has scholarship players!!)

And also, I mentioned this earlier, but in terms of RPI, Boston College actually had better wins than us:

BC: win vs Providence (RPI 22), win vs Harvard (RPI 61)
SU: win vs Iowa (RPI 44), win vs Long Beach St (RPI 69)

So, Boston College has beaten a few decent teams this year.

So yes, nobody would blame you if you wanted to look forward to next year already (because next year's team is going to be LOADED)...BUT, I'm enjoying how this year's team is still scrapping out there. Still fighting. They know they are flawed, they know they cannot count on getting really any meaningful contributions from the bench (the starters scored all but 2 points today!!!!)...and yet, here they are, 14 wins, 5 losses, second place in ACC. IMO, how they are playing right now is all one can realistically ask of them at this point, considering what has happened to the roster since end of last season.

And just think of the payoff this experience for the young guys like Roberson, Joseph, etc will result in for next season...it's like investing in the long-term potential of this program - I'm prob most excited about that fact.

Come on Pearl, I count on you to be a source of optimism.

This team has all of 8 scholarship players available to them. (For reference, BC played 9 guys today - they played more guys than SU has scholarship players!!)

And also, I mentioned this earlier, but in terms of RPI, Boston College actually had better wins than us:

BC: win vs Providence (RPI 22), win vs Harvard (RPI 61)
SU: win vs Iowa (RPI 44), win vs Long Beach St (RPI 69)

So, Boston College has beaten a few decent teams this year.

So yes, nobody would blame you if you wanted to look forward to next year already (because next year's team is going to be LOADED)...BUT, I'm enjoying how this year's team is stills scrapping out there. Still fighting. They know they are flawed, they know they cannot count on getting really any meaningful contributions from the bench (the starters scored all but 2 points today!!!!)...and yet, here they are, 14 wins, 5 losses, second place in ACC. IMO, how they are playing right now is all one can realistically ask of them.

And just think of the payoff this experience for the young guys like Roberson, Joseph, etc will result in for next season...it's like investing in the long-term potential of this program - I'm prob most excited about that fact.
I hear ya, and I love me a feel-good undermanned/scrappy SU team (as in when Ogeanat was playing and T.Rob with 2 bum knees) but this team is just coasting... and playing really stupidly... and a bunch of head cases...

I mean, Kaleb Joseph was the mvp of that game... tells you all you need to know

I hear ya, and I love me a feel-good undermanned/scrappy SU team (as in when Ogeanat was playing and T.Rob with 2 bum knees) but this team is just coasting... and playing really stupidly... and a bunch of head cases...

I'd imagine that's what it feels like to root for a young, inexperienced team as they navigate the ups & downs of the season. (I say "I'd imagine" because we haven't had to experience a season like this in quite some time.)

and 5-1 in the ACC

Four weeks ago, I was hoping to be no worse than 15-5 by the time of the UNC game. Still on track for that.
Come on, Moq.

Anyone who is down on this team should remember that this team should have had Ennis, Grant, McCullough and DC2. Any win is a good win at this point.
Hey, I absolutely acknowledge that. They would be much, much better with those players. But they don't have those players. But even without those players, there is no excuse for the playing stupid, uninspired ball they've been playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom