Is Maryland the 1st televised game? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Is Maryland the 1st televised game?

I already stated that I will watch it streamed over my computer. But, do you think it is a solid business decision to make more difficult for people to access the game and have fewer people watching the game? The ACC owns the tier 2 and 3 rights so they are making the decision, to help ESPN at the expense of Syracuse.

They are "helping" ESPN because ESPN is paying them a lot of money.

There are thousands upon thousands of elderly people and physically challenged people who can not make it to the dome and who have no ability to setup streaming who have watched Syracuse basketball, every game and now they can't. Not everybody has the knowledge or understanding or money for every new tech invention. I guess those lifelong loyal fans don't matter.

wait, why can't they setup wifi again?

Apparently, people who post here don't have any interaction with non-tech savvy people.

I don't know anything about cars, but I do know that I can pay someone to fix it when it breaks down. Fios and Timewarner will install your wifi at your home for free. This is not rocket science.

I don't know anything about cars, but I do know that I can pay someone to fix it when it breaks down. Fios and Timewarner will install your wifi at your home for free. This is not rocket science.
It just boils down to less people watching the game, from what people here who are close to the program say, that is a good idea.

They are "helping" ESPN because ESPN is paying them a lot of money.
Duke and UNC both have 2 games all season that aren't televised, SU has many more than that. Basically, this works out fine for them. This is what Maryland was talking about and why they were so ready to leave the ACC.

You HAVE to have your car. They don't HAVE to watch the Orange.

I already stated that I will watch it streamed over my computer. But, do you think it is a solid business decision to make more difficult for people to access the game and have fewer people watching the game? The ACC owns the tier 2 and 3 rights so they are making the decision, to help ESPN at the expense of Syracuse.

Yes I think it's a solid business decision for SU to join the ACC and not be left behind in the AAC. SU's payout from ACC last years was 22.8M where the average AAC (where SU would have been stuck had they not left for the ACC) was 5.6M. I understand they would have sold their tier 3 rights to SNY.

More people have access to stream via the watch ESPN app than have SNY or YES. I sort of understand your gripe but as far as the business side, SU is in a way better spot now. And I think you are reaching really far out to think that ESPN is using Syracuse to drive people to stream. I glanced and Duke has 6 ACC Network Extra exclusive games. I'm guessing Duke/UNC/Louisville are all as big if not bigger television draws than SU.

You HAVE to have your car. They don't HAVE to watch the Orange.
How much money do you think SU is generating by the extra few thousand people who may watch the Tuesday night Colgate at SU game on SNY instead of on ACC Network?

How much money do you think SU is generating by the extra few thousand people who may watch the Tuesday night Colgate at SU game on SNY instead of on ACC Network?
An extra few thousand? Do you think SU basketball is minor brand. Your way off.

Your counting preseason. SU is a large media draw with huge fan bases in NYC and Long Island as well as upstate and across Pa. and New England..
You are complaining about SU's preseason games not on too. I fully understand SU's draw. Unfortunately, Duke/UNC/Louisville (possibly arguable) are even bigger draws. If there was a big demand for SU vs Cornell to be on one of the ESPN tv channels, than they would put it on.

An extra few thousand? Do you think SU basketball is minor brand. Your way off.
How many causal fans are looking to watch SU vs Colgate on a Tuesday on SNY that won't stream the game? Has nothing to do with the brand. How much money do you think the university is losing out on?

You are complaining about SU's preseason games not on too. I fully understand SU's draw. Unfortunately, Duke/UNC/Louisville (possibly arguable) are even bigger draws. If there was a big demand for SU vs Cornell to be on one of the ESPN tv channels, than they would put it on.
SU is equal to them, look it up. Anybody who likes the Orange at all would love to see the first game between Jim and Jimmy. Your just not a Syracuse fan.

SU is equal to them, look it up. Anybody who likes the Orange at all would love to see the first game between Jim and Jimmy. Your just not a Syracuse fan.

Hahaha...I'm not a SU fan but I'm posting here...yeah ok. I apologize if I'm being fair and objective. Every point you bring up has huge holes in it. So when you are shown to be clueless, you attack with "you just aren't a Syracuse fan" or "stick to your loser Buffalo teams".

And once again, the people foaming at the mouth to see the big SU vs Cornell game will either go to the Dome or stream via ACC Network Extra.

It's all a conspiracy against SU. 22.8 million or 5.8 million...do the math.

Hahaha...I'm not a SU fan but I'm posting here...yeah ok. I apologize if I'm being fair and objective. Every point you bring up has huge holes in it. So when you are shown to be clueless, you attack with "you just aren't a Syracuse fan" or "stick to your loser Buffalo teams".

And once again, the people foaming at the mouth to see the big SU vs Cornell game will either go to the Dome or stream via ACC Network Extra.

It's all a conspiracy against SU. 22.8 million or 5.8 million...do the math.
That 22.8 has come with a lot of negative strings attached.

That 22.8 has come with a lot of negative strings attached.

I'm done with this because you are not thinking big picture but are think of Cous Cuse's personal preferences.

Please do tell what are all these negatives other than you having to stream a handful of games on ACC Network Extra for basketball that may have previously been on SNY?

I'm done with this because you are not thinking big picture but are think of Cous Cuse's personal preferences.

Please do tell what are all these negatives other than you having to stream a handful of games on ACC Network Extra for basketball that may have previously been on SNY?

would someone please buy him an Amazon Firestick for Xmas?

Internet.jpg

a simple google search on ways to record webcasts ---

How to Capture and Record Streaming Video on Your Mac

I googled, even youtubed, how to do many things, such as extracting mescaline from my San Pedro cactus. While it may be easy for some people, it isnt for everyone. People have different levels of ability with different activities, including empathy, as is self-evident here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom