Is Quincy definitely coming for the second semester? | Syracusefan.com

Is Quincy definitely coming for the second semester?

Cuse_NYC

Starter
If he is, and is willing to play, why the hell not? If he can put the ball in the hoop, he can seriously change the season. We don’t owe anyone playing time. The best guys need to play and we need to win.

A kid isn’t going to come right in from HS and step on the court and have an impact with little or no practices.
Yeah he will have to learn defense and since we don’t do anything offensively but play pick and roll he will be ready if needed.

We did it last year a ton with Chukwu. Isn’t that when he goes up to 3 pint line and picks the defender then slides of him towards basket. Did we stop doing that this year

Is there a chance we don’t make that decision right now? Why not get him into practice and see? I suggest this only because we saw last year what an impact was made when Marek all of a sudden began to look for offense just as we went into post season. That one small modification was a major impact addition.

Not the same thing with Guerrier but if a freshman can play our zone not so horribly in an exhibition game at the beginning of the season after only a few weeks of practice, maybe a smart kid like Quincy can do the same after a few winter weeks of practice.

Andrew White also signed with us extremely late and ‘managed’ early on.

Maybe consider it Emergency Depth, I dunno. We once had Donovan McNabb play important roles in ‘exigent’ situations... maybe Hughes rolls an ankle in game day shoot around. Ya neva neva know.

Last edited:
We did it last year a ton with Chukwu. Isn’t that when he goes up to 3 pint line and picks the defender then slides of him towards basket. Did we stop doing that this year

He comes up top often but we rarely ever have him actually roll to the basket to receive a pass. He comes up mainly to set a screen for the mall handler to creat a little space and to hopefully draw his defender away from the basket.

He comes up top often but we rarely ever have him actually roll to the basket to receive a pass. He comes up mainly to set a screen for the mall handler to creat a little space and to hopefully draw his defender away from the basket.
Dumbest play we run as almost every defense knows we never throw him the ball. Think they would use someone else in that role that we would actually throw the ball too or have a mis-match.

Dumbest play we run as almost every defense knows we never throw him the ball. Think they would use someone else in that role that we would actually throw the ball too or have a mis-match.

You'd think. It is so stupid to run it with a player who is zero threat to score. Anyone who scouts SU knows not to go with him so they don't pulled (too far) away from the basket.

44cuse

If Carey isn't making an impact and can't see the floor how in the world is this kid going to do it?

This isn't some top 10 kid, what's he ranked? 120?

LOL it really does say a lot about the state of the program right now. This kid may not even contribute much next year (although I know some will swear he is just underratted because he's in Canada and is top 10 talent), let alone next semester.

LOL it really does say a lot about the state of the program right now. This kid may not even contribute much next year (although I know some will swear he is just underratted because he's in Canada and is top 10 talent), let alone next semester.
You’ve obviously never seen him play

He technically rolls every single time because he’s obviously not going to pop. What else would he do? I would argue we do technically run an s-load of pick and rolls, they’re just so poorly executed that it’s not terribly recognizable.

A forward without a college conditioned body.

Exactly what we need in the acc

He technically rolls every single time because he’s obviously not going to pop. What else would he do? I would argue we do technically run an s-load of pick and rolls, they’re just so poorly executed that it’s not terribly recognizable.

I said to receive a pass.

You’ve obviously never seen him play

OK, well let's see. I know others have and he's ranked at #50 by one of those sites, 113 aggregate. Good recruit, yes -- savior??

Given what this board is like these days, I figured the OP meant this guy...

MV5BMTMzODYwMDc2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDkxNDI2._V1_.jpg

You raise an interesting point.
Anyone have a thought on why they couldn't play pick and roll with Brissett?
It likely would have to be while Dolezaj is at the 5 and could pull his man a little bit away from the hoop.

Not to point fingers but we play a guard like that (albeit short minutes). Shot blocked miserably yesterday and horrendous 3 point % to date. Minutes deserved??? If Quincy can score, he should get minutes...NOW!

Look at his Instagram story he’s playing his last game before going to cuse.

Attachments

• 64EA14C2-8067-4226-80C9-A2617C39105A.png
    64EA14C2-8067-4226-80C9-A2617C39105A.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
Every unranked player that's come here the past 6 years has had the same thing said about him.
He was one of the best players in the EYBL 2 years ago and one of the best scorers and players in the adidas gauntlet this past spring and summer... he gets no exposure during the high school season because he plays at a smaller Canadian school... of he played for a powerhouse in the US he would be ranked top 30

I agree he needs to be a fifth year senior with a body like a swizzle stick. Or a second year center that can leap so high that you can slip a 3x5 card under him. Or another center who if he stands up and turns sideways you can mark him absent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom