Is Rob Moore Next | Syracusefan.com

Is Rob Moore Next

G

GoCuse44

Marrone fired wide receiver coach Ike Hillard. Is he on the phone with Rob Moore????

Did Moore stay behind because he wanted to or because Doug didn't want him?

If he wanted to leave Syracuse he would have went with Doug last year

If he wanted to leave Syracuse he would have went with Doug last year

Or, if Marrone wanted Moore, he would have taken him then. Do we know if Marrone wanted him?

Moore just tweeted something about this.

Here's the thing. I love Rob Moore as the former SU player, but as a recruiter and WR coach he hasn't lit the world on fire. Him leaving to take an NFL position vs eventually being relieved of his current position wouldn't be terrible IMO.

Here's the thing. I love Rob Moore as the former SU player, but as a recruiter and WR coach he hasn't lit the world on fire. Him leaving to take an NFL position vs eventually being relieved of his current position wouldn't be terrible IMO.
Complaining about recruiting success is one thing...challenging his coaching prowess is something totally different.

Considering the talent, or lack thereof, that Moore has had to work with I think he's done a fine job coaching the WR's. If we were stacked at the WR position there wouldn't be a need to bring as many recruits in as we have in the last two classes. Hell, if we had necessary talent level in the WR corp we wouldn't have to switch H-backs to WR mid-season or use our best DB on fly routes.

Complaining about recruiting success is one thing...challenging his coaching prowess is something totally different.

Considering the talent, or lack thereof, that Moore has had to work with I think he's done a fine job coaching the WR's. If we were stacked at the WR position there wouldn't be a need to bring as many recruits in as we have in the last two classes. Hell, if we had necessary talent level in the WR corp we wouldn't have to switch H-backs to WR mid-season or use our best DB on fly routes.
This is a double edged sword here... I would assume Rob Moore is in charge of evaluating HS WR's and providing his input. So he's also directly responsible for the talent deficiencies. That said, the talent on the field seems to have regressed, not improved over the years. I love him as an alum, but think he'd be better suited for the NFL.

We have GMac to evaluate the WRs. It probably depends on whether he and Moore mesh. But Moore is an SU guy so I like having him in the program.

Wasn't there some issues a while back with his recruiting. If I recall, something happened in New Jersey where he was perceived by local coaches as incompetent because he couldn't remember recruits names? I of course could be completely wrong.

I would never presume to ask, but there is at least one lurker/poster here who knows how RM is as a coach. As you said, RM is an SU guy, and we all want us guys to do well. I think we have a lot of young talent at WR. Time to coach them up, and beat the bushes recruiting.

Moore to Buffalo, hafley to SU.

If that were to happen, I could live with it.

Warning, this is not anything I've heard...just thinking out loud.

im probably way behind on everything, but who is hafley?

Jake said:

I wouldn't just live with it, I would shout for joy from the highest mountain! And I like Rob Moore. Hafley recruiting on this staff would be a grand slam!!

So we would lose a WR coach/SU alum and gain a DB coach? What am I missing?

There's two sides of the coin however. At recruiting time it appeared each year we were bringing in some talent. So was our recruiting eval overrated or did they just not develop?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom