Is this real?? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Is this real??

If there's an A at the end of it not racist, if there is an er at the end of it, it's racist. It's been explained to me countless times by friends that would know.

If there's an A at the end of it not racist, if there is an er at the end of it, it's racist. It's been explained to me countless times by friends that would know.

I appreciate that some people accept that. I don't, I think they're the same and splitting rhetorical hairs like that is just trying to have it both ways. As in, "I can say it without saying it." Further, the implied context is part of the word's use. A black person says it and the context is, "I'm saying this because whitey can't, and he can't stop me." A white person says it and it's, "Look at me, I'm saying it because I know I shouldn't, and it makes me sound all big and bad." Either way, -a or -er, we need to grow up and stop doing it. For if you want to be thought of as a dick, talk like one, but if you want to be thought of as intelligent, start by talking like it.

Someone earlier made the observation that the Kentucky kids were in shock, and should be given some slack. Perhaps. Under pressure, we often fall back on what we know and trust, back onto who we really are. Andrew Harrison showed who he is, (also observed earlier) a dick, pouting after something he though he was entitled to was taken away. He needs to just grow up.

Finally, I've observed more often than not you see the attitude of coach reflected in his players. Is Calipari a racist? I have no idea. But the attitude that one is above responsibility for his behavior fairly oozes out of him, and accordingly ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Bad language... Either way.

It's a awful word, with an a or without one. It shouldn't be said.

I agree he's a punk. 100%. But I think it's a pretty big reach for anyone to suggest it was racially motivated. He'd have used the same phrase about a black dude in the same context, I guarantee it.

Bet he wouldn't.

Just need to find that 'ol mama from Airplane...she likely could clarify and ease some tension. :)

Please, show me one person who has hailed him as a hero. The kid is an idiot and a punk and I hope this reflects poorly on Kentucky and Cal long term. But how the hell is a black man who plays basketball in an arena named after a true racist and for a white man a racist?

It's always interesting to see how many white people desperately want to use the word "n*****."
What freakin white people want to use the N word? What the hell are you talking about?

Also I think my favorite part of this thread is that, I'm assuming, it's almost entirely a bunch of white guys talking about when it is or isn't appropriate to say that word.
I'm white but I have black friends.

yeah, go out and use it and see if it has lost any of it's power to hurt. If it is on tape, it will become who you are.
It wont happen over night but its just like mother f'r. If your grandfather called my grandfather a mother f'r...there was going to be a fight. Now people call each other that as they hug in the street.

I'll never use the word because im old enough to remember when 2 white guys would whisper it behind a black guys back and use it as one of the most disgusting insults in the history of man...but when people like me (us) are gone the word will have no power. And that is really good thing.

This is a pretty amazing thread!

If you don't lose your mind every time you hear the word in a hip-hop song, or see it in a movie, I'm not sure why you would even give this a second thought.

It's the same context - who really cares. Is this kid a careless moron (and a poor loser), absolutely. If you care beyond that though - I'm inexplicably lost as to why you're not starting a thread every day on some forum...this LITERALLY couldn't be more normal.

As far as the SU soccer player - while that's a different conversation, and one worth having I suppose if you feel the need - because it can be frustrating. Not sure it relates to this though to be honest.

This is a pretty amazing thread!

If you don't lose your mind every time you hear the word in a hip-hop song, or see it in a movie, I'm not sure why you would even give this a second thought.

It's the same context - who really cares. Is this kid a careless moron (and a poor loser), absolutely. If you care beyond that though - I'm inexplicably lost as to why you're not starting a thread every day on some forum...this LITERALLY couldn't be more normal.

As far as the SU soccer player - while that's a different conversation, and one worth having I suppose if you feel the need - because it can be frustrating. Not sure it relates to this though to be honest.

Did people lose their minds when the house mom from SAE sang a song with it?

Did people lose their minds when the house mom from SAE sang a song with it?

I think you might know why that's different.

It's VERY WEIRD when people specifically DELIGHT in saying that word in the chorus of a song. I mean, it's okay to say it, but taking a little bit of extra joy in it and throwing it a few extra times seems slightly weird. Whatever, leave her alone, it's a lyric, I could care less - but it is weird to me. No more, no less. I'm not sure I've ever listened to a song and got extra excited by that word appearing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom