Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

It's my opinion, just like in my opinion we have no shot at getting Okonoboh here.
Agree... think Whitehead could start. Goodluck absolutely would not and we'd want to recruit Diallo over him the next year.

It's my opinion, just like in my opinion we have no shot at getting Okonoboh here.

You're entitled to your opinion. Just trying to lead a horse to water.

For the record, it's my "opinion" that you're 0-2 here.

You're entitled to your opinion. Just trying to lead a horse to water.

For the record, it's my "opinion" that you're 0-2 here.
I respect what ya do Jake. In this case I really just don't see the logic though. There have been no rumblings of us being hard on Goodluck for a while now. We have 3 C's already who all could be around for 14. And we have a kid in 15 in Diallo we like better than Goodluck. Unless DC2 has already told JB he's gone no matter what at end of year AND the staff thinks we have no shot at Diallo AND Goodluck is warmer on us than everything seems to indicate, I just don't see any reason he comes here. Whitehead could start right away for us and we've been hard after him. Even talked package with Newton supposedly so 2 guards weren't out of the question. Really think we're either still in on Whitehead, or Joseph closes out 14 and we move on to 15.

I don't mind either way if a few people were right about Joseph, and how Whitehead, Okonoboh or anyone else pan out, because to be perfectly honest, it's Kaleb time! So excited on this because he wanted to come here and the words dream school actually mean something again, ergo, we've got a guy that wants to do what it takes to keep Cuse at the top.

Let's just agree to kick the dirt out of the rest of the ACC and NCAA going forward, yes?

I respect what ya do Jake. In this case I really just don't see the logic though. There have been no rumblings of us being hard on Goodluck for a while now. We have 3 C's already who all could be around for 14. And we have a kid in 15 in Diallo we like better than Goodluck. Unless DC2 has already told JB he's gone no matter what at end of year AND the staff thinks we have no shot at Diallo AND Goodluck is warmer on us than everything seems to indicate, I just don't see any reason he comes here. Whitehead could start right away for us and we've been hard on him. Even taked package with Newton supposedly so 2 guards weren't out of the question. Really think we're either still in on Whitehead, or Joseph closes out 14 and we move on the 15.
Staff likes Moustapha Diagne, just as much as Diallo. Might be an easier get and less drama than Diallo.

Staff likes Moustapha Diagne, just as much as Diallo. Might be an easier get and less drama than Diallo.

Saw both in Brooklyn yesterday at TOC. I'd take either. Diagne seems a little more raw - similar body types though.

One other reason to still get Whitehead. While I do NOT expect it, is it impossible to imagine Ennis being so good he becomes a one and done? Again, NOT saying its likely, but not impossible that he could be the besqt pg in the ACC from day one and be a lottery pick. If that were to happen we'd be in the same boat in '14 with one pg. Whitehead is a combo type guard that could play a credible point when Joseph is out. Just a thought.

Honestly, I still feel confident with Whitehead. If this is where he wants to be, he'll be here. Kaleb is more of a passing pg. His role won't negatively impact Isaiah's. The only players he'd be competing with is Mike G, Cooney, and potentially Buss and Bj. If he's as good as we know he is and as good as he knows he is, in his mind he should be thinking I'm starting from day 1. If he doesn't have that competitive mindset, then he shouldn't even come here, but with his confidence I doubt he would back down.

I was at the Nike Tournament of Champions this afternoon and saw Team Jersey play Team NYC. Briscoe and Malachi Richardson played for NJ, and Whitehead and McCullough played for NYC. Whitehead was by far the most selfish player on either team and was undressed numerous times by Briscoe. Briscoe has a ton of talent, really wish we had a chance to land him. Not sure if I'd want Whitehead after I saw today, just don't think he'd fit the team.

I was at the Nike Tournament of Champions this afternoon and saw Team Jersey play Team NYC. Briscoe and Malachi Richardson played for NJ, and Whitehead and McCullough played for NYC. Whitehead was by far the most selfish player on either team and was undressed numerous times by Briscoe. Briscoe has a ton of talent, really wish we had a chance to land him. Not sure if I'd want Whitehead after I saw today, just don't think he'd fit the team.
how'd mccullough do?

Jake has spoken, Whitehead is not going to happen. I am good with that. Whitehead wants to be "the man" and at SU he would have to wait in line. Think it would be a little like the situation with Waiters his freshman year. Could have been a distraction. Joseph is a great program kid with high character, is a dynamic athlete with great hops and ability to take it to the rim. Mid range shot looks good, great cross over, not sure about his range out to 3.

how'd mccullough do?

McCullough just oozes athleticism, but he struggled finishing at the rim, missed a few contested layups, missed a dunk. Finished a few alley oops and was a beast on the boards. He landed awkwardly and went off in the 3rd quarter (was either twisted ankle or knee) but came back for the end of the game. Wasn't the type of game for him as Briscoe/Whitehead decided to play head to head and took a lot of shots. Briscoe was the best player on the floor IMO. Cheick Diallo is a good player as well, beast down low. Tyus Battle also looked good.

McCullough just oozes athleticism, but he struggled finishing at the rim, missed a few contested layups, missed a dunk. Finished a few alley oops and was a beast on the boards. He landed awkwardly and went off in the 3rd quarter (was either twisted ankle or knee) but came back for the end of the game. Wasn't the type of game for him as Briscoe/Whitehead decided to play head to head and took a lot of shots. Briscoe was the best player on the floor IMO. Cheick Diallo is a good player as well, beast down low. Tyus Battle also looked good.
thanks for the report. good stuff.

Yeah I'm REALLY bummed Briscoe seems to have slipped away from us. A while back it seemed like he would commit to us early but it just kept falling further and further away.

Yeah I'm REALLY bummed Briscoe seems to have slipped away from us. A while back it seemed like he would commit to us early but it just kept falling further and further away.
Has he slipped away?

Briscoe wants to play PG. He sees PG as his route to the NBA. I believe that is a correct assessment on his part. Can he get there at SU with Ennis two years ahead of him and Joseph one year ahead of him? Maybe so, but the odds are high that it would take at least 2 years.

I think there are other opportunities for him that would allow for immediate, significant playing time at a high enough profile that he would be blowing up, just about the time he would start getting an opportunity at SU. I think he loves the school, but understands that from a business standpoint, it isn't a good fit.

I doubt SU gets Briscoe.

thanks for the report. good stuff.

It was a really cool event. It was at a warehouse in the Brooklyn Naval Yard, we got ferried over from Manhattan, free open bar on the boat. Only stayed for that one game though because for some reason our VIP passes were no longer valid when we got there? The setup was really cool, Nike did a great job.

Kevin Durant was there as well watching, Harden was there the day before when I wasn't in attendance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom