It’s Portal time! | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

its pretty much free agency in college now. Not a big fan, a lil too much movement

if you've been recruiting a kid for two years to play a certain position and a veteran player who plays that position suddenly enters the transfer portal but you don't know if you can get him, what do you do?

Which makes one wonder if a late-blooming high school guard who, if he can't immediately win PT, is willing to wait his turn, might be the way to go.
Then would be irrelevant to help us next year which we need.

All-Freshman to All-Transfer in less than a week?

This is nuts.
This is what I’m saying. People don’t understand how disruptive and difficult this is going to be. A one-year sit out is an important rule to have. It Serves a cooling function for kids who might make rash decisions, especially when it comes to bad advice from “handlers.”

It is wild...only getting crazier and easier for these kids to transfer now.
I don’t understand why people support this rule. Guys aren’t free agents in the NBA every year. You sign a contract with a team and you can’t leave that team until your contract allows you free agency. I support paying players. But I do not support no-sit-out transferring.

I don’t understand why people support this rule. Guys aren’t free agents in the NBA every year. You sign a contract with a team and you can’t leave that team until your contract allows you free agency. I support paying players. But I do not support no-sit-out transferring.
If you sign one year deals you are, and scholarships are only for a year.

in 2015 the P5 conferences and ND made a rule that athletic scholarships were no longer 1 year deals.
Oh wow, didn't know this, this is great, that's definitely better but they need to get all schools on board with this.

The best solution would have been to allow kids to transfer freely when their coach takes a new job or is fired but the NCAA doesn’t have a leg to stand on when you’re allowed to transfer without sitting in every sport besides the real money makers.

This Jimmy Boeheim guy in the portal looks pretty good in this mixtape. Seriously though he does some really nice stuff in this. One thing I noticed is he uses both hands well and has nice footwork. Im not sure if this board can handle 3 Boeheims on the team :)

This Jimmy Boeheim guy in the portal looks pretty good in this mixtape. Seriously though he does some really nice stuff in this. One thing I noticed is he uses both hands well and has nice footwork. Im not sure if this board can handle 3 Boeheims on the team :)

I know it will be said he's only doing this at Cornell but a lot of Ivy grad transfers have shown they can play at P5 level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom