It’s Portal time! | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

This Jimmy Boeheim guy in the portal looks pretty good in this mixtape. Seriously though he does some really nice stuff in this. One thing I noticed is he uses both hands well and has nice footwork. Im not sure if this board can handle 3 Boeheims on the team :)

Those are the moves Buddy is learning to make.

I know it will be said he's only doing this at Cornell but a lot of Ivy grad transfers have shown they can play at P5 level.

Speaking of Ivy League transfers what happened to that kid that we went after last year who ended up at Ohio State? Haven’t heard much about him and thought he’d be really good although he was coming off injury.

This Jimmy Boeheim guy in the portal looks pretty good in this mixtape. Seriously though he does some really nice stuff in this. One thing I noticed is he uses both hands well and has nice footwork. Im not sure if this board can handle 3 Boeheims on the team :)

Yes please.

Speaking of Ivy League transfers what happened to that kid that we went after last year who ended up at Ohio State? Haven’t heard much about him and thought he’d be really good although he was coming off injury.
Seth Towns is the player you're asking about. I'm assuming that he was never really fully healthy... because he only played in 21.5% of their available minutes this season. He averaged 3.9 ppg, 2.0 rpg and 0.3 apg over the course of the entire year.

He has played more in the most recent Big 10 Tournament games - 21 minutes against Purdue on 3/12 (when he scored a season-high 12 points), followed by 21 minutes against Michigan in the semi-final on 3/13 (3 points, 5 rebounds, 4 blocks), and then a season-high 28 minutes against Ohio St in the Big 10 final on 3/14 (4 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist).

Hindsight is 20/20, but it looks like a very good thing that he did not choose SU - we probably wouldn't have gotten Griffin if Towns had committed to us first...

Joe would not drop to 4th guard under any circumstance. If we grab another guard it will be insurance and deep bench depth

But who would come here to be a fourth guard? We'd probably wind up taking a D2 guy for that role. Would that be worth the scholarship?

Could Billy Owens' kid fit in the backcourt picture?

This is going to be insane. Some of these kids better be careful because they might not find a home. It’s already happening in the football portal.
That's why I said every school should look to upgrade every position. #dreamteam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom