It’s Portal time! | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

I can see this becoming such a chaotic sh__show that the ncaa abruptly tries to stop or reverse it after a bunch of kids have already burned bridges and committed elsewhere and it being an even bigger sh__show with a bunch kids just completely screwed over

I can see this becoming such a chaotic sh__show that the ncaa abruptly tries to stop or reverse it after a bunch of kids have already burned bridges and committed elsewhere and it being an even bigger sh__show with a bunch kids just completely screwed over
That would be the most NCAA thing to do.

Hear me out… Richmond, Powell, Benny, wahab, edwards? Is wahab a 4 or 5. Can Benny play 3? Or would we put buddy at 3? Is buddy a pro? Or are we doing the extra year plan? I don’t know positions and abilities like that.

This is just stupid. It also really is the college version of free agency. Based on that tampering comment both schools and kids are all in. Essentially once it gets out there that kids are being contacted no one wants to get left behind and all of the horses are out of the barn.

Wonder if some of these players will be left out in the cold? I don’t know the rules regarding the portal but it isn’t just players but schools also looking for upgrades. Will they all have a place saved for them if they enter the portal and/or will they even be in the same situation or worse if they want to return? Will some have to settle..

Hopefully everyone is intelligent enough to realize that if we go after some of these guys that our guys(Edwards/Braswell/Anselem) may transfer themselves. There will be a cost of going after these guys.

Hopefully everyone is intelligent enough to realize that if we go after some of these guys that our guys(Edwards/Braswell/Anselem) may transfer themselves. There will be a cost of going after these guys.
Yeah if anyone expects us to be active in the transfer market, they need to be willing to lose guys too.

one thing to keep in mind - even if we have a few guys leave, the transfer market will be LOADED

I feel something will have to happen because this is just ruining the sport in my opinion even more so. How can some of these smaller schools compete? I actually feel bad for GTown in a way because these moves just set teams back for years to come and they may never be able to compete at the top level as they once were because of this transfer crap.

What if they have a curfew for the portal? Can only enter between 9am and 8pm and after that no pounding will it curb the numbers LOL?

I feel something will have to happen because this is just ruining the sport in my opinion even more so. How can some of these smaller schools compete? I actually feel bad for GTown in a way because these moves just set teams back for years to come and they may never be able to compete at the top level as they once were because of this transfer crap.
We’ll see. As an example, uvm has 4 seniors coming back next year, including several starters. That level of continuity and senior leadership has the possibility of raising the level of play for these smaller schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom