It’s Portal time! | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

the year of waiting with a potential waiver imo was the best way to go. Im sure alot of people would agree with me. The season isnt even over yet and some teams are simple being gutted

I’d much rather the players get paid $$, but not be allowed to walk away without the penalty of a one-year sit-out. That’s more than a fair trade-off. If you commit, you commit.

I’m not too worried about Syracuse this off-season. I think the Kadary thing is overblown. Who wouldn’t want to play alongside an elite shooter like Buddy to pass the ball to and pile up assists? Kadary will be given the keys. His driving and passing ability will be the perfect complement to Buddy and Joe’s shooting, Benny’s inside/outside play, and Q, Edwards and maybe Marek on the inside. Our players should be a PG’s dream.
You dont get it. Kadary is a coaches dream. Kid could pick pretty much any school he wants. Hope he stays

You dont get it. Kadary is a coaches dream. Kid could pick pretty much any school he wants. Hope he stays
Yeah that is why JB should be doing what he should be doing putting him in the game and taking advantage of all his skill which goes hand-in-hand with his own zone needs to chill with his preference with girard

ACC
Calvin Felder, 6-6, 230, F, Soph., Boston College (9.7 ppg)
Jay Heath, 6-3, 175, G, Soph., Boston College (14.5 ppg)
Rich Kelly, 6-1, 175, G, Sr., Boston College (11.0 ppg)
Wynston Tabbs, 6-2, 190, G, Jr., Boston College (13.3 ppg) – EAST CAROLINA
John Newman, 6-5, 210, G, J.r, Clemson (3.7 ppg)
Olivier-Maxence Prosper, 6-8, 220, F, Fr., Clemson (2.5 ppg)
Jaemyn Brakefield, 6-8, 215, F, Fr., Duke (3.5 ppg)
Shaheed Medlock, 6-5, 195, G, Sr., Georgia Tech (1.0 ppg)
Aidan Igiehon, 6-10, 245, F, Soph., Louisville (2.6 ppg)
Matt Cross, 6-8, 225, F, Fr., Miami (6.9 ppg) – LOUISVILLE
Elijah Olaniyi, 6-5, 205, G, Sr., Miami (10.5 ppg)
Earl Timberlake, 6-6, 215, G, Fr., Miami (9.3 ppg)
AJ Taylor, 6-6, 205, F, RS Jr., NC State (Injured – played one game)
Sterling Manley, 6-11, 250, C, Jr., North Carolina (0.5 ppg)
Walker Kessler, 7-1, 245, C, Fr., North Carolina (4.4 ppg)
Nikola Djogo, 6-8, 225, SF, RS Sr., Notre Dame (5.0 ppg)
Terrell Brown, 6-10, 235, F, Sr., Pittsburgh (2.5 ppg)
Abdoul Karim Coulibaly, 6-8, 215, F, Soph., Pittsburgh (5.2 ppg)
Xavier Johnson, 6-3, 200, G, Jr., Pittsburgh (14.2 ppg, 5.7 apg)
Au’Diese Toney, 6-6, 210, G, Jr., Pittsburgh (14.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg)
Casey Morsell, 6-3, 195, G, Soph., Virginia (4.4 ppg)
Jalen Cone, 5-10, 170, G, Soph., Virginia Tech (9.2 ppg)
Quadry Adams, 6-3, 190, G, Fr., Wake Forest (2.2 ppg)
Blake Buchanan, 6-5, 205, G, Jr., Wake Forest
Jalen Johnson, 6-6, 195, G, Sr., Wake Forest (5.0 ppg)
Ismael Massoud, 6-9, 220, F, Soph., Wake Forest (8.3 ppg)
Jahcobi Neath, 6-4, 200, G, Soph., Wake Forest (3.8 ppg)
Emmanuel Okpomo, 6-10, 225, F, Fr., Wake Forest (1.1 ppg)
Isaiah Wilkins, 6-4, 220, G, Jr., Wake Forest (1.9 ppg)
Isn’t brown to Washington?

So how soon until Woody Newtons name pops up here? Gotta think he's just itching to pull the portal trigger.

the year of waiting with a potential waiver imo was the best way to go. Im sure alot of people would agree with me. The season isnt even over yet and some teams are simple being gutted
I wonder if a half year sit out period instead of the full year would be a possibility. Say, if you leave after the season, you’re eligible 1/15 of the next season. If you leave before 1/15, you can start the next season eligible.

I wonder if a half year sit out period instead of the full year would be a possibility. Say, if you leave after the season, you’re eligible 1/15 of the next season. If you leave before 1/15, you can start the next season eligible.
My proposal would be make everyone 5 to play 5, and transfers miss the first half of their season, as you mentioned.

Now that the season is over I am hoping we don't get gutted by this freaking so called transfer portal
thats it better than this because this is going to make it very difficult to have any continuity on most teams!

Can someone explain how everybody knows when a player enters the portal? Is it a public access site where anybody can go in? Do we find out from the players who announce it on social media? Do we find out from media members who have access? Do we find out from the school who is obligated to announce when their player enters the portal? The media has put out comprehensive lists so I am guessing that somehow media outlets have access. But, if someone knows how this information gets out so quickly I would really appreciate knowing how that happens.

Can someone explain how everybody knows when a player enters the portal? Is it a public access site where anybody can go in? Do we find out from the players who announce it on social media? Do we find out from media members who have access? Do we find out from the school who is obligated to announce when their player enters the portal? The media has put out comprehensive lists so I am guessing that somehow media outlets have access. But, if someone knows how this information gets out so quickly I would really appreciate knowing how that happens.
You need the payside password.

Every time JB insults a local reporter a kid has entered the portal. Hence the huge portal list.

Random thoughts.
Is there pre-portal tampering happening?
What percentage of portal transfers will end up with a team that finished 2nd or 3rd in their original recruitment?

Random thoughts.
Is there pre-portal tampering happening?
What percentage of portal transfers will end up with a team that finished 2nd or 3rd in their original recruitment?
2019: Sorry coach, I don't want to play for you. There is a better school for me.
2021: Psych!!! I will now play for you but I need 35 minutes a game and xmas cards for my family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom