It’s Portal time! | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

Can someone explain how everybody knows when a player enters the portal? Is it a public access site where anybody can go in? Do we find out from the players who announce it on social media? Do we find out from media members who have access? Do we find out from the school who is obligated to announce when their player enters the portal? The media has put out comprehensive lists so I am guessing that somehow media outlets have access. But, if someone knows how this information gets out so quickly I would really appreciate knowing how that happens.

Only players and coaches are supposed to have portal access.

The media always finds out.

And players always tweet/instagram their intentions anyways.

Just keep checking the board. They'll be new threads started everytime we lose or gain a player.

Only players and coaches are supposed to have portal access.

The media always finds out.

And players always tweet/instagram their intentions anyways.

Just keep checking the board. They'll be new threads started everytime we lose or gain a player.
I interned in Compliance, not at Cuse, for a semester and I had access to the portal.

Was fun to check every now and then when I didn’t have any work to do (which was often)

I wonder if a half year sit out period instead of the full year would be a possibility. Say, if you leave after the season, you’re eligible 1/15 of the next season. If you leave before 1/15, you can start the next season eligible.
That could be even more disruptive.

Imagine--just before the league schedule begins, 2 or 3 of your rotation players leave your team and enter the portal. That would gut a roster.

I interned in Compliance, not at Cuse, for a semester and I had access to the portal.

Was fun to check every now and then when I didn’t have any work to do (which was often)
How does it work? Does it display the whole database, or do you have to search by specific player?

How does it work? Does it display the whole database, or do you have to search by specific player?
At first you see just a list of every player in every sport that’s in the portal, if I’m remembering it correctly. So it’s hundreds of pages long.

From there you could filter it by sport/conference/division/etc. or you could search for specific players or schools. At the time our basketball team only had a walk-on in the portal but the football team had a few.

He's a gurley man !!

1616975005337.png

That could be even more disruptive.

Imagine--just before the league schedule begins, 2 or 3 of your rotation players leave your team and enter the portal. That would gut a roster.
How is that different than having no sit out period? A kid can leave at any time now. I’m not sure if leaving in December would allow a kid to play in January elsewhere, but that would be far crazier.

I would also guess most kids would leave after the season and sit out the mostly non-con portion of a schedule.

Either way, it’s all likely going to be disruptive with turnover everywhere. There’s no great solution for all parties.

Sounds about right. Shaking my head with Woody. Pound for pound next to Braswell I’m going with Woody. Proved he could shoot, rebound and get to the rim off the bounce. Bras does none of that.
It really is a shame - in limited minutes he looked good, athletic, aggressive, bouncy, etc. I like Bras but Woody has a much higher ceiling. But if the rumors are true about why Woody is leaving, I’m not sure you want a guy like that around honestly

Sounds about right. Shaking my head with Woody. Pound for pound next to Braswell I’m going with Woody. Proved he could shoot, rebound and get to the rim off the bounce. Bras does none of that.
Do you remember when Woody played at the top of the zone early in the year. My mind exploded with the possibilities.

It really is a shame - in limited minutes he looked good, athletic, aggressive, bouncy, etc. I like Bras but Woody has a much higher ceiling. But if the rumors are true about why Woody is leaving, I’m not sure you want a guy like that around honestly
Yeah I know but the kid thinks he’s good and maybe he’s right. Like Mike Jones redux

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom