It’s Portal time! | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

Cal reloading

Where is the playing time for all these guards at Kentucky? They now have two high level PGs and two primetime SGs, all of whom will expect ALOT of playing time. But he minutes just aren’t there for Tyty, Wheeler, Grady and the transfer kid from Iowa. Cal usually doesn’t play 10+ guys. So how does JB struggle to navigate this issue but Cal has no problem?

Where is the playing time for all these guards at Kentucky? They now have two high level PGs and two primetime SGs, all of whom will expect ALOT of playing time. But he minutes just aren’t there for Tyty, Wheeler, Grady and the transfer kid from Iowa. Cal usually doesn’t play 10+ guys. So how does JB struggle to navigate this issue but Cal has no problem?
He tried platooning once.

Where is the playing time for all these guards at Kentucky?

How about this? "Son, while playing may be limited, but know this, my main objective is to get you to the NBA, not winning an NCAA championship. You will be featured. Now you may not get 30 minutes like you would have by going to a small pond, but at Kentucky, we get eye balls. We are on national TV. Playing ten minutes for Kentucky is better than playing 30 minutes at Marquette or Miami, because we draw five times more eye balls during that ten minutes. We know how to prepare LOTTERY players for the NBA, lottery players, and I am on GQ".

How about this? "Son, while playing may be limited, but know this, my main objective is to get you to the NBA, not winning an NCAA championship. You will be featured. Now you may not get 30 minutes like you would have by going to a small pond, but at Kentucky, we get eye balls. We are on national TV. Playing ten minutes for Kentucky is better than playing 30 minutes at Marquette or Miami, because we draw five times more eye balls during that ten minutes. We know how to prepare LOTTERY players for the NBA, lottery players, and I am on GQ".

UK has like 30 guys in the NBA with earnings/contracts currently over a billion dollars or something like that (by far the most in earnings and only school over a billion, like $1.2B).

The only other school that is even remotely comparable is Duke who has a few less than UK and then there is a major cliff.

To your point, UK knows how to get players to the NBA and get them paid. Yes, they recruit high level players, but they also get them to the finish line.

Kentucky fans would probably like to be clued in on this strategy.

UK has like 30 guys in the NBA with earnings/contracts currently over a billion dollars or something like that (by far the most in earnings and only school over a billion, like $1.2B).

The only other school that is even remotely comparable is Duke who has a few less than UK and then there is a major cliff.

To your point, UK knows how to get players to the NBA and get them paid. Yes, they recruit high level players, but they also get them to the finish line.

No - UK recruits a lot of guys who already had NBA talent - and then SOME of them it actually works out.

If you throw enough 5*’s at the wall, some are gonna stick.

His job is to win NCAA titles not get kids to the NBA.

Kentucky does very little to prepare kids for the NBA. They pay kids who are good enough to go directly to the NBA to spend a year pretending to be student athletes at Kentucky. They leave after one year and Kentucky really did nothing but rake in dollars for their athletic program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom