It’s Portal time! | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

It’s Portal time!

This "one time transfer without sitting out" rule is here to stay? Or no?

I guess I am a bit confused.

Does the "one time" means this time, for 2021, due to the pandemic, where many students are attending, where sport events are not open to attendance, where students may want to stay close to love ones they allow a transfer without having to sit out as an exception year then it goes back to the way it was next year?

Or does "one time" means every student athlete from now on can transfer once without sitting out? In that case Kadary, Braswell, Woody etc...have used up that one year, if they want to transfer again they would have to sit out, but Frank, Buddy, JG3 and any future incoming can still transfer once without penalty?

Believe it or not, he has said that his goal is to get kids to the NBA, not to win championships at UK.
I am ok with that. It the physics professor’s job to help the kid win a physics competition, or get a job in physics?

Does the "one time" means this time, for 2021, due to the pandemic, where many students are attending, where sport events are not open to attendance, where students may want to stay close to love ones they allow a transfer without having to sit out as an exception year then it goes back to the way it was next year?

Or does "one time" means every student athlete from now on can transfer once without sitting out? In that case Kadary, Braswell, Woody etc...have used up that one year, if they want to transfer again they would have to sit out, but Frank, Buddy, JG3 and any future incoming can still transfer once without penalty?

Permanent rule change

In the future each player can transfer once without having to sit out.

The thing only happening one time is the additional season of eligibility due to Covid.

players each get a one time freebie.

The quoted language is the rule and it is not going away after this year, but as noted many will have used their one "free" transfer. They can transfer a second time but, absent a waiver (if they still exist) would have to sit out one year.

What bull-oney! The roster limit hasn't changed. The scholarship limit hasn't changed. If any team takes on a scholarship player, they've got to release a scholarship player. Everyone makes a big deal in football and b-ball about these stud players that will go to the powers. Yes, that's going to happen. But there's going to be traffic headed the other way of some really good players as well.

What bull-oney! The roster limit hasn't changed. The scholarship limit hasn't changed. If any team takes on a scholarship player, they've got to release a scholarship player. Everyone makes a big deal in football and b-ball about these stud players that will go to the powers. Yes, that's going to happen. But there's going to be traffic headed the other way of some really good players as well.
Yeah, and there’s always a lower level to recruit from. And the power 5 will be recruiting high schools less, so there’s more to work with there. It’s not ideal, for sure, but if their goal is to just wall off their players from exposure, that’s not a recipe for any success.

They can’t just release player

Agree with Auriemma on this.

The thing that players and their money grubbing handlers hopefully come to understand is that in the NIL era, the student athletes will make more money staying at one school and establishing a name brand for themselves in their school’s region. It’ll be a lot harder to do that moving around to different schools.

The thing that players and their money grubbing handlers hopefully come to understand is that in the NIL era, the student athletes will make more money staying at one school and establishing a name brand for themselves in their school’s region. It’ll be a lot harder to do that moving around to different schools.
I agree with you and Auriemma that the current system is a mess, and that money grubbing handlers are a problem. However, for the top recruits, I wonder whether NIL money will outweigh the bribes that have been allegedly paid - e.g., a Maryland booster allegedly paying $60,000 to the guardian of former 5-star prospect Silvio De Sousa. Also, the NIL money will presumably go directly to the player, rather than the handler.

Imagine all the NIL opportunities Marek would have had.

Hopkins would have killed it with bandaid brand bandages.
Kirby Kirby Dar Dar Pizza Pizza

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom